Bbox change to Colnago bikes

1235»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,237
    Peronally I think the Time is ugly. Really don't like those integrated seat post things, they just look bulky and heavy (yes, I know they're not). I do love the Prince though, it's just nice to see something a bit different.

At the end of the day the bike manufacturers throw bikes and cash at the top teams in order to get the likes of us to fork out our hard earned thinking it will make us ride at the same level. Ask a pro what he feels of his current bike and it will invariably be "it's the best bike I've ever ridden" assuming they want to keep their job. It would be interesting to see what bikes they'd be riding if they were told to pick any bike they wanted free of charge.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Pross wrote:
    Peronally I think the Time is ugly. Really don't like those integrated seat post things, they just look bulky and heavy (yes, I know they're not). I do love the Prince though, it's just nice to see something a bit different.

At the end of the day the bike manufacturers throw bikes and cash at the top teams in order to get the likes of us to fork out our hard earned thinking it will make us ride at the same level. Ask a pro what he feels of his current bike and it will invariably be "it's the best bike I've ever ridden" assuming they want to keep their job. It would be interesting to see what bikes they'd be riding if they were told to pick any bike they wanted free of charge.

It would be even more interesting to see what they would buy with their own cash :P
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • daviesee wrote:
    Pross wrote:

It would be even more interesting to see what they would buy with their own cash :P

When Miguel Indurain retired he was advised by to carry on riding, to just stop would have been bad for his health (nevermind all the EPO he "may" have taken). So he popped along to his local bike shop and was amazed to find out just how much a top end bike costed. Think he got himself a Cannondale, quite why Pinarello didn't give him something I don't know, think he rode their bikes for a large part of his career.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    If I could have any bike I wanted I think it'd be a Baum:

3511347729_859dae09f3_b.jpg
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Ah no. You have to keep these things to yourself. It will drive the price up :wink:

I agree they are beautiful bikes. There is one in particular which is just unbelievable.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Ah no. You have to keep these things to yourself. It will drive the price up :wink:

I agree they are beautiful bikes. There is one in particular which is just unbelievable.

You do know they are Australian ? :wink:
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    No I didn't but neither did I think them Italian. I couldn't care too much where a bike originated (although I would prefer European). I care much more about what it looks like, how it performs and the type of comapny it is.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,481
    When Miguel Indurain retired he was advised by to carry on riding, to just stop would have been bad for his health (nevermind all the EPO he "may" have taken). So he popped along to his local bike shop and was amazed to find out just how much a top end bike costed. Think he got himself a Cannondale, quite why Pinarello didn't give him something I don't know, think he rode their bikes for a large part of his career.
    Apparently he didn't ask, which would suit his apparent unassuming character. When Pinarello found out he'd bought a bike with his own money they let him know that if he ever wanted another bike then to call them and he could have what he wanted for free. I rode the GF Pinarello in 2005 and he was riding a Pinarello there.