dx magicshine

Comments

• After reading a few posts about the chargers going pop, I thought I would plug mine into a 110v supply when charging the battery pack.
    It doesn't work, the light simply stayed green, as soon as I switched to 240v the light went red and four hours later it finished.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • I've just had this reply from DX
    Dear sam,

Apologize for not updating our website in time due to the unstable market supply.

We are sorry to tell you that sku25149 is unavailable at the moment. Would you like to wait or to cancel it? Please advise.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
    Maggie

i've asked if sku29489 is in stock (thats the newer one with helmet mount but isnt branded magicshine). There's no mention of when they will be getting the MS back in stock.

Has anyone got the newer one and can comment on light output etc to see how it stacks up against the MS?
    whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    Razer_MTB wrote:
    I've just had this reply from DX
    Dear sam,

Apologize for not updating our website in time due to the unstable market supply.

We are sorry to tell you that sku25149 is unavailable at the moment. Would you like to wait or to cancel it? Please advise.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
    Maggie

i've asked if sku29489 is in stock (thats the newer one with helmet mount but isnt branded magicshine). There's no mention of when they will be getting the MS back in stock.

Has anyone got the newer one and can comment on light output etc to see how it stacks up against the MS?

thats the one i ordered. i got the shipped email at the weekend and tracking shows that it left hong kong yesterday....i will let you know in a couple of weeks!
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • quality stuff from DX, just got told that one is also unavailable, aaarrrggghhhhh :twisted: :twisted:

now checking on 30864, same as above, but with a uk charger, i await the inevitable apology from them saying its out of stock
    whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons
  • Why dont you guys cancel your order with DX and order from Ebay like i described earlier on in the topic.

Mine took 5 days to arrive and a brilliant Ebayer.

Would highly recommend.
    2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert Evo
    08 Scott Scale 60 - http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy25 ... CF2299.jpg
  • coz i'm cheap :lol:

also, i dont trust dx to refund my money straight away
  • Ordered my MagicShine on 12/10.. dispatched 6/11.. arrived yesterday.. much brightness!

8)
  • Got mine today!

Brighter than my car headlights!!
  • cee
    mine arrived today!

yip..

its bright as a bright thing.

compared against a P7 torch...much brighter...less blue coloured...bigger spot and much nicer spread. (tested in a room with no windows and the lights off..)

cant wait to test it riding!

it didn't come with a velcro jobber, so fitting it under my stem migt take a couple of attempts, but it looks good so far!
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • grim168
    grim168 Posts: 482
    http://www.lumicycle.com/product/132/ba ... eries.html i use the elite bag for my battery
  • in response to every one waiting for prolonged periods of time for shipping mine arrive in about 2wk which i thought was resonable as it's free.
    Also been using it for about a month and it's good no probs at all it even survived an over the bars incident weds night when i was out.. Haven't tried it in the wet yet. wiill let you know.
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Mine is shipping as of 21/11/09. Shall update you all when it arrives.
  • woohoo, one of mine has been shipped, (the one with the headband), the other is still processing :):(

what i find quite funny is that the one that has been shipped is the one which was ordered 6 days after the other one

edit: just looked on DX, and it appears that 29489 is now showing as a magicshine as well, and the price has went up by about 4 dollars
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    FSR_XC wrote:
    Ordered 26/10
    Processed 30/10
    Left HK 4/11
    Arrived ??????

Sold my old lights 1/11, so at lease a couple of weeks without a night ride.

:cry:

Waiting with anticipation . . . . .

Arrived 9/11

Well worth it.
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • cee
    mine has also survived its first crash today...

lamp stayed on the bars..battery stayed under the stem...light stayed on.

really good...

speaking of lumicycles lights...my mate has one of their HID systems and they seem to throw a very similar amount of light...the colour of the light from the HID is maybe a bit nicer, but aside from that.....he was very impressed....as am I

H.G. Wells.
  • Agoogy
    Agoogy Posts: 66
    ordered mine 5th Nov....and its on its way!!! hurray! :D

It was running SO late I ordered another from the Bayer.... and thats with ParcelForce as I type!!!
    but they want £18 to cover customs stuff.... bastweards! :evil:
    Lapierre 714 - nicked from Centre Parcs
    2009 Stuntjumper HT Expert Carbon
  • moggy82
    moggy82 Posts: 726
    Agoogy wrote:
    ordered mine 5th Nov....and its on its way!!! hurray! :D

It was running SO late I ordered another from the Bayer.... and thats with ParcelForce as I type!!!
    but they want £18 to cover customs stuff.... bastweards! :evil:

£18.22 its a bugger isnt it, i have been trying to warn people! Dont get it from the US as us sellers will put the correct value on the outside of the package meaning you will pay customs and a handling charge.

It will be worth it though as it should be the 5 mode and be brighter than the Dx ones.

My light has been in a stream, i was washing my bike honestly me and the bike both in the stream having a good wash.
  • Mine arrived yesterday as well.

Not sure of the best place to mount the battery pack. Where has everyone else gone for? Have you just used the veldcro strap or have you used the press stud to secure it?
  • moggy82
    Mine arrived yesterday as well.

Not sure of the best place to mount the battery pack. Where has everyone else gone for? Have you just used the veldcro strap or have you used the press stud to secure it?

Theres two differerent Battery bags, mine goes in my camelback with light on my helmet so no need to secure.
  • Pretty sure mine only came with the one bag, I shall have to chack. It has a velcro flap over the top and a little press stud on the back of it.

I got the one with the helmet mount.
  • moggy82
    Pretty sure mine only came with the one bag, I shall have to chack. It has a velcro flap over the top and a little press stud on the back of it.

I got the one with the helmet mount.

Yeah thats the helmet mount version (version 2), not really any easy way of attaching it to your bike The poppered strap would attach to the strap on your camelback though. The only problem is the helemt mount is better on your head than helmet so not ideal.
  • CFS
    CFS Posts: 124
    Changed my order to the headmount version after DX implied they had those but didn't have the other one but the order for that one has now gone to ready same as the previous bar mount light.

Will the headmount version mount on the bars?

It's over a month now with absolutely no progress, I'm thinking of cancelling now and if it won't mount on the bike then I definitely willl.
    Shot by both sides...
  • moggy82
    All versions come with O-rings to mount to bars, its just the battery pack you will have a bit more difficulty attaching to your bike. There is a lumicycle bag linked a few repliies above that might do the job though if you cant bodge anything yourself.
  • cee
    moggy82 wrote:
    All versions come with O-rings to mount to bars, its just the battery pack you will have a bit more difficulty attaching to your bike. There is a lumicycle bag linked a few repliies above that might do the job though if you cant bodge anything yourself.

i just use a velcro strap i had lying around from another light i bouhgt a few years ago...

gaffer tape works too.

H.G. Wells.
  • moggy82
    cee wrote:
    moggy82 wrote:

i just use a velcro strap i had lying around from another light i bouhgt a few years ago...

gaffer tape works too.
    #

The Strap off my Thule bike carrier worked nice too!
  • crafty
    crafty Posts: 85
    I ordered the upgraded Magicshine last night from the the states on ebay (£72 - no duty).
    It was despatched this morning, so I may be lucky and get it before Christmas.
    The reports on the upgraded version have been very good. Can't wait.

Ed
  • They are half price from Lumilte.co.uk (UK imported) at the moment complete with Uk charger etc for £80. Chargers are £10. Get them while they last!
    Scott Genius 08, Marin Rock Springs 08, Marin Pine Mountain 89
  • Ehm - paypal says not receiving money at the moment on the lumilite site. :oops:
    Scott Genius 08, Marin Rock Springs 08, Marin Pine Mountain 89
  • Sadly, my magicshine packed in today :cry:

Power is getting from the powerpack to the connector, but light is not working.

Looks like a loose connection inside the main unit but I cant figure out how to take the damn thing apart.

I've had the cover off the lens, the wires to the LED are ok, but I dont know how to get to the switch to check the wires that go into the unit.
  • Just got mine today.

A mate ordered a couple early in December from an Ebay seller in Hong Kong. He got them on Friday.

I'm currently running a pair of Lumicycle halogens and a Tesco torch on me 'ed.

First impressions:

Very neat and compact unit. Smaller than I was expecting but it seems very very bright. (I've got the 5 function bar mount unit with UK charger).
    The battery is tiny compared to my NiMh Lumi batteries, but I'm not too sure on the best way to attach this to the bike, probably under the stem, but I'll have a play around. I might need to relocate my GPS unit from the stem to the bars, which is fine as I'll now be running just 1 bar light.

I've heard issues of the batteries not being very well sealed. Mine appears to have 2 layers of heat shrink on it and looks fairly well sealed. Is this a recent upgrade, or should I wrap it in gaffer tape to be safe?

The battery is on charge now, the charger light went from green to red as I flicked the socket on.
    I'll give it 3 hours and see how it's doing.

I've got 5 settings
    very bright
    normal
    dim
    mental strobe
    slow strobe.

I would guess that full power will only be needed on singletrack, I'll run it with the Tesco torch on my helmet, but I get the impression that the torch might not cut through enough.

I'll probably get another Magicshine for my helmet (especially as this one was free to me!).

Has anyone successfully mounted a Magicshine to a Fox Flux? (I couldn't do this with the Tesco torch so I have it on an old Giro Hex, but I've bashed it a few times and don't really trust it any more),