12346»

Comments

• avalon
    avalon Posts: 345
    dennisn wrote:
    avalon wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    This is the best thread ever.

Armstrong clearly has an attitude problem and Contador thinks that having won two tours he can now stand up to him.

Good times ahead.

I would raise the question of "who is Lance that people can't, shouldn't, won't, or are not able to stand up to him" ? So what if he can shout and yell at people and try and throw his weight around? I can't believe that everyone is so intimidated by him, as is sort of claimed by people on this forum. We're not talking about Superman, an angel, or a demon
    here.

He's the one with the money, loads of it, he buys things, lawyers,Rolex watches, flash friends,flashier girl friends. Anything he want's in fact. He has deep pockets and no-one knows what are in those pockets.
    Get it now?

So you're afraid of him and will just roll over, belly up? C'mon, suck it up. Stand up for yourself. If he is the bully you claim then you're just the type of person he's looking for.

WTFAYOAN?

First letter = what
    Last letter = now.
    See if you can join up the in-between letters.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    avalon wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    avalon wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    This is the best thread ever.

Armstrong clearly has an attitude problem and Contador thinks that having won two tours he can now stand up to him.

Good times ahead.

I would raise the question of "who is Lance that people can't, shouldn't, won't, or are not able to stand up to him" ? So what if he can shout and yell at people and try and throw his weight around? I can't believe that everyone is so intimidated by him, as is sort of claimed by people on this forum. We're not talking about Superman, an angel, or a demon
    here.

He's the one with the money, loads of it, he buys things, lawyers,Rolex watches, flash friends,flashier girl friends. Anything he want's in fact. He has deep pockets and no-one knows what are in those pockets.
    Get it now?

So you're afraid of him and will just roll over, belly up? C'mon, suck it up. Stand up for yourself. If he is the bully you claim then you're just the type of person he's looking for.

WTFAYOAN?

First letter = what
    Last letter = now.
    See if you can join up the in-between letters.

I get it. I'm asking the question of why so many of you seem to stand in awe, or is it fear,
    of LA. If he is all powerful why hasn't he gotten to you yet? Got you fired from your job?
    Killed your dog? Ruined your life? You can't tell me you would simply "roll over" for him?
    He's not what you think he is. There is nothing to be afraid of. Although just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    RichN95 wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    How did this press vote go then do you reckon? Was it like a sketch on the fast show or something? ...did everyone in the press (who were gathered in one room) get told to stop what they were doing, put their pads and pencils down in silence then a bloke said. 'Right, pressing matters everyone... we need to decide which of the riders is the most accessible and friendly ...I need your vote on a piece of paper folded up and passed to the front'.

(oh, and when counted AC turned out to be one of the most 'accessible and friendly', but, shock horror, Lance Armstrong didn't ...and who won the vote by the way?)

It's actually voted for by the photographers. How the ballot is actually done, I don't know. It's called the Prix Orange, there's an opposite award for the least co-operative called Prix Citron.

Here's an except from the Tour's own website from 2005:
    15:05 - Carlos Da Cruz & Walter Beneteau Win...
    Two Frenchman in the peloton, Carlos Da Cruz and Walter Beneteau have received the most votes by photographers for being the most cooperative in this year’s Tour de France. The ’Prix Orange’ is a traditional award presented to the rider who is considered the easiest to work with during the race.
    Last year’s winner was Thomas Voeckler.
    In 2003 the award was presented to Lance Armstrong.

Armstrong also won the Prix Citron a couple of times - a unique double I believe.

Source (at 15.05)

http://www.letour.fr/2005/TDF/LIVE/us/2100/depeches.html

Now, how about a little less of the saracsm.

Well... thats a little more information than the original post.... it seems to me people are so desperate to fuel their pro AC / anti-LA crusades that they'll quote anything, even if its vague, just as long as it sounds negative enough for them to get off on it... fact is its all an argument to nowhere... some people like Lance and some people don't.

I couldn't care less myself what riders say to each other, they're all grown-ups aren't they? they can deal with it, they get paid enough.

Its the results and how you get them that really matter and in that context personally I don't find either AC's or LA's style of winning 'inspirational'.

PS... who cares who is 'most easy to get photos of' anyway? ...sure the rider's are queueing up for that award... must be almost as rewarding as one of the jerseys.... there... a little bit more sarcasm for you.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    http://twitter.com/lancearmstrong/status/2913230600

Do you think he gives the kids evils if he comes 3'rd in "ring toss" ?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • dennisn
    iainf72 wrote:

Do you think he gives the kids evils if he comes 3'rd in "ring toss" ?

So I took a look.
    First time on twitter.
    Telling me he's on the beach with his kids.
    Fascinating, insightful look into someones life.
    Last time on twitter.
  • iainf72
    dennisn wrote:
    Last time on twitter.

I only communicate by Twitter now

http://twitter.com/iain_forfar/status/2914570621
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    andyp wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:

Cristophe Bassons stood up to him. He was hounded out of the sport.
    Filipo Simeoni stood up to him. He had his stage chances ruined and was spat on on the way to the champs elysees
    Frankie Andreau's missus stood up to him. Frankie lost his job as a DS
    Greg Lemond stood up to him. His line of bikes was dropped by Trek

The man has clout and uses it vindictively.

According to Pro Cycling he is the most powerful man in cycling, ahead of Pat McQuaid, Hein Verbruggen, Mme Amaury (who owns ASO) and Anne Gripper.

To be fair though, that list also had "some French Espoir rider" and "Some lass from Sweden" in it, it was such a poor piece of tosh that I chucked it out and i've kept every issue from the last 5 years.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • dennisn
    iainf72 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Last time on twitter.

I only communicate by Twitter now

http://twitter.com/iain_forfar/status/2914570621

Good one. Don't mind me much these days. Work is very, very slow and I'm bored to death. You guys are the only ones keeping me sane(or is it insane). :wink::wink:
    Surreal huh? I'll take that as a compliment.
  • lucybears
    lucybears Posts: 366
    Benjamín Noval

«Armstrong intentó desestabilizarlo, pero no lo logró»

"Armstrong tried to destabilize it, but failed"

http://www.lne.es/deportes/2009/07/28/n ... 87981.html
    interview.cyclingfever.com
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    dennisn wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

here.

Cristophe Bassons stood up to him. He was hounded out of the sport.
    Filipo Simeoni stood up to him. He had his stage chances ruined and was spat on on the way to the champs elysees
    Frankie Andreau's missus stood up to him. Frankie lost his job as a DS
    Greg Lemond stood up to him. His line of bikes was dropped by Trek

The man has clout and uses it vindictively.

Even if ALL of it is true, you're saying that you would lay down, belly up, in front of him.
    I think I know your answer. There is only so much even a bully can do before he is found out and knocked down. If he is, as claimed, a monster bully, it can't last. It never does. People won't tolerate it. Most people will push back when pushed.

All of what I've said is fact. I don't roll over for any man. But the fact is that people in the cycling that have stood up to him have had serious setbacks in their careers, which stops others doing likewise.

He's not the root of all evil, he's just a powerful guy in a small world (cycling) who happens to have a lot of weight and throws it around to suit his needs and will trash anyone he sees as against him.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    Why do we have 2 threads on the same topic?
    Can a Mod put them together?
    Thanks.
  • iainf72
    On the NYVeolcity twitter there's a link to a page where someone claims to have seen Levi and Klodi moaning about Lance after the stage to Andorra.
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    I definately saw Levi and Klodi not moaning about Lance after the stage to Andorra.
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Robmanic1 wrote:
    He's admitted as much in his books, you're either with him or against.

He might think that, but I am neither for nor against him! he can ring me up if he disagrees :lol:
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    Robmanic1 wrote:
    He's admitted as much in his books, you're either with him or against.

He might think that, but I am neither for nor against him! he can ring me up if he disagrees :lol:

Yes, of course, I agree with you (I feel the same way, indifferent), but HIS view is black and white.
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    iainf72 wrote:
    On the NYVeolcity twitter there's a link to a page where someone claims to have seen Levi and Klodi moaning about Lance after the stage to Andorra.

Sure it is someone's comment but I think it is plausible given how Kloden had to pull Lance up on several stages where he was clearly stronger and especially as the guy in the 3rd para shows he isn't in awe of Contador.
    was out in spain the day contador attacked on the andorra climb, he had a huge smile on his face when he came round are corner 2km from finish, LA and cadel bringing up the rear.

Before we could even get on are bikes to go down the descent, LA comes flying past us on his own, literally 10 mins after race ended. Shortly after levi and kloden came down , my friend was descending behind them and the entire time going down they would not shut up about how LA was pissing them off telling them to PULL all the time why he did F All, and I thought levi was on his side.

Did not know about Di Luca getting busted till now but it was pretty obvious to me, fun to watch him though, I am sure contador is going to get busted within the next 6 months as well, just made it look to easy, rarely saw him out of breath.
    Contador is the Greatest