LANCE vs AC its all goin on

Comments

• calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    So Rojas implies the Columbia split was deliberate... wheel was let go by Zubeldia when in front of the Accountant?

Strava is not Zen.
  • lucybears
    lucybears Posts: 366
    Pokerface wrote:
    AndyRubio wrote:
    The entire LA vs AC thing doesn't reflect well on Bruyneel's ability to manage his people.

Ironically - I would say it DOES reflect well on his ability to manage people - as he managed to keep this all under wraps until after the Tour - and also managed to get 2 podium spots. Not great long-term managing - but certainly did the job when it was needed most?

Great management of all the Astana people when there was nobody to take AC to the start of the Annecy time trial.....
    interview.cyclingfever.com
  • jim one
    jim one Posts: 183
    The Hog and his latest twitter comment

"Sometimes it is better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt!"

Refering to himself or AC now speaking up with his side of the story??
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,481
    These are grown men, right? :lol:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    jim one wrote:
    The Hog and his latest twitter comment

"Sometimes it is better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt!"

Refering to himself or AC now speaking up with his side of the story??

Someone tweet him back and tell him Lance needs to learn that lesson.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    The wheel was let go by Paulinho, in front of Contador, behind Zubeldia, the gap opening behind Zubeldia, according to Rojas, according to El Pais.

The key of the bottle incident, according to Gutierrez, was that Gutierrez offered it to Contador, but Lance snatched it from his outstretched hand only offering it to Contador (who refused) after having drunk himself.
  • calvjones wrote:
    So Rojas implies the Columbia split was deliberate... wheel was let go by Zubeldia when in front of the Accountant?

He says that Paulinho couldn't keep the pace and a gap opened, but Rojas (directly behind Contador) thought, no worries, because Contador was in the group. But after rounding the corner, he saw the front group was pulling away fast, and Rojas says he realised then they were trying to dump Alberto.
  • Latest on twitter from the armstrong:
    there is no "i" in "team".

There is a "me" though.
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    I think Bertie's dad is bigger than Lance's dad
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • In the water incident, Gutierrez had to remind Armstrong to hand back the bottle, as he was riding off with it.

The journalist comments,

"This detail reflects the feeling of ownership that the 7 tour winner showed not only to his team but all the peloton."
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,873
    le patron wrote:
    erm...perhaps if LA had actually been at the team celebration, AC could have thanked him :D

These spats are great. Just when the tour finishes and I start worrying about dark and foggy November evenings....they keep on going !

Better than Neighbours.
    :lol:
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    It's all really just b0ll0x isn't it? We can read about it in the mags/memoirs in future years. Arguably the right person won and someone else didn't. it all makes for a lot of forum generated stuff and saves us all going oing out on our bikes.
    M.Rushton
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited October 2012
    KING CONTADOR

Blow that fat boy back to insignificance. Show them who is boss. Show them who has the real qualities of a champion. Show them who can win the hardest cycling race in the world with huge pressure and discord from his own team.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mididoctors
    mrushton wrote:
    It's all really just b0ll0x isn't it? We can read about it in the mags/memoirs in future years. Arguably the right person won and someone else didn't. it all makes for a lot of forum generated stuff and saves us all going out on our bikes.

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    KING CONTADOR

Blow that fat boy back to insignificance. Show them who is boss. Show them who has the real qualities of a champion. Show them who can win the hardest cycling race in the world with huge pressure and discord from his own team.

610x.jpg
    Getty

Or come back in 5 years when you've won it 7 times in a row. Better yet - come back in 6 years if you can do it 8 times. Then you'll have something to talk about.
  • mididoctors
    Latest on twitter from the armstrong:
    there is no "i" in "team".

There is a "me" though.
  • SunWuKong
    SunWuKong Posts: 364
    Pokerface, TBH not a fan of AC at all, but he already has 4 GT victories I'll be shocked if he doesn't get more than 7. LA had acted somewhat like a chikld who doesn't want to share his toys with his acolytes all around him.

Maybe they should see who can throw a shoe over a pub to see who the real winner is?
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    My money is on him beating LAs 7 grand tour wins a lot quicker than that. Now if he can ride and win some classics we'll have someone on a par with the likes of Hinault.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • frenchfighter
    edited July 2009
    Pokerface, you need some FACTS shown to you.

Contador is 26.

He was won the Tour de France twice.

He has won the Giro.

He has won the Vuelta.

Only four other people can claim to have won at least one of the three GTs: Merckx, Hinault, Anquetil and Gimondi. Only four and he is only 26.

Now he has also won the following stage races:
    Vuelta a Castilla y León Twice
    Paris Nice
    Setmana Catalana
    Vuelta a País Vasco Twice
    Volta ao Algarve

He also has high placings in many others.

He also has many stage wins to his name.

He was also U-23 Spanish TT Champion.

He is the current Spanish TT Champion.

He is a formidable rider and he is only 26.

I would like to see him compete in Clásica de San Sebastián this year and the Ardennes next year. Being the best rouleur of the climbers and the best climber I am pretty ssure he could add these to his palmares.

Now if you care to look at Lance's palmares, you will start to understand how much greater Contador is in comparison to Lance. He is 12 years older than Contador and has won seven Tours, no Giros, no Vueltas and only two or three other small stage races.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • robmanic1
    SunWuKong wrote:
    Maybe they should see who can throw a shoe over a pub to see who the real winner is?
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

• robmanic1
    SunWuKong wrote:

Nice Officism :wink:

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    They're both great riders - but Lance is acting outrageously spoilt here.

He was beaten by the better man this year. He really doesnt like it.

Lets see what happens next year !
  • socrates
    socrates Posts: 453
    What pissed him off? Easy there were 2 riders better and stronger than him. Roll on next year till he gets his as kicked again.
  • Earthbound
    Earthbound Posts: 109
    FJS wrote:
    The wheel was let go by Paulinho, in front of Contador, behind Zubeldia, the gap opening behind Zubeldia, according to Rojas, according to El Pais.

The key of the bottle incident, according to Gutierrez, was that Gutierrez offered it to Contador, but Lance snatched it from his outstretched hand only offering it to Contador (who refused) after having drunk himself.

That's how it looked. Just how much of a disturbed, egotistical c**t does Jerkstrong have to be to bother with such schoolgirl petulance.

AC has nothing to thank the mutinous members of his team for cos they did nothing for him. I can just see Armstrong now going round the other riders at the start of the tour "I've got a big sponsor for next year, you're all on bug bucks if you ride for me this year" So they were already riding for RadioShack whilst being paid by Astana.

If the team was looking after Contador they would have dropped back in the crosswind split and protected their leader on a flat windy high speed section, probably the weakest part of his game. They didn't.

If anyone can tell me any moment on any climb in any stage where any of LA's paid henchmen sat ahead of Contador to provide tempo when the Schkleck attacks came I'd be interested, cos it simply NEVER happened.

Jerkstrong has the dignity of a snake and the self obsessed mentality of a spoilt 9 year old girl.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    There's no 'u' in My Team is perhaps what Lance meant to say...

Let's face it, Contador was supposed to do what all Lance's other teammates have done in his Postal and Disco days, grind themselves into the ground for the greater glory of Lance and be grateful when gifted the odd stage win.

Lance can't cope with any teammate who's actually better than him
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    Am I the only one who saw that Lance (before Alberto's little outburst) said that the stronger man won, and that his performance would have bested some of his victories?

I am a fan of neither man and think they have both acted like children. Makes life interesting though and I doubt anyone would argue that the relationship added interest to the Tour...
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Pokerface, you need some FACTS shown to you.

Contador is 26.

He was won the Tour de France twice.

He has won the Giro.

He has won the Vuelta.

Only four other people can claim to have won at least one of the three GTs: Merckx, Hinault, Anquetil and Gimondi. Only four and he is only 26.

Now he has also won the following stage races:
    Vuelta a Castilla y León Twice
    Paris Nice
    Setmana Catalana
    Vuelta a País Vasco Twice
    Volta ao Algarve

He also has high placings in many others.

He also has many stage wins to his name.

He was also U-23 Spanish TT Champion.

He is the current Spanish TT Champion.

He is a formidable rider and he is only 26.

I would like to see him compete in Clásica de San Sebastián this year and the Ardennes next year. Being the best rouleur of the climbers and the best climber I am pretty ssure he could add these to his palmares.

Now if you care to look at Lance's palmares, you will start to understand how much greater Contador is in comparison to Lance. He is 12 years older than Contador and has won seven Tours, no Giros, no Vueltas and only two or three other small stage races.

Frenchie - maybe you need to learn how to read.

The ONLY fact I was referring to is Lance Armstrong - 7 Tour de France Victories. AC - 2 and counting. Not comparing any other palmares.
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652

To be fair though Lance was a tad unwell for a few years in the middle of his career. He won a bit more than that too - he was World Champ and US champion in his younger days.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • frenchfighter
    Reuters
    610x.jpg
    610x.jpg
    Madrid Regional President Esperanza Aguirre
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    It's not Franco Pelizotti?
    Le Blaireau (1)