LANCE vs AC its all goin on

thamacdaddy
thamacdaddy Posts: 590
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Latest on twitter from the armstrong:
Seeing these comments from AC. If I were him I'd drop this drivel and start thanking his team. w/o them, he doesn't win.

hey pistolero, there is no "i" in "team". what did i say in March? Lots to learn. Restated.

So whats pissed him off so much?

Comments

• stefrees
    stefrees Posts: 137
    i saw this, immense. got on alberto!

alberto let rip at armstrong earlier saying he dioesnt like the guy
  • thamacdaddy
    If anything it keeps the cycling world and competition a tasty prospect for the next year. I found it interesting yesterday boardman commented that although Contador has the talent he lacks the tactical knowledge of people like lance and JB and will miss them next year, I guess this is what LA is now saying too.
  • mmitchell88
    mmitchell88 Posts: 340
    edited July 2009
    It's all getting somewhat...unseemly!

300309_2.jpg
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    edited July 2009
    Well if he's always been good enough to just follow attacks on the big climbs then maybe there hasn't been the urgency to develop tactical instincts. He does have the advantage of knowing that whoever else is on Lance's team next year will be working for Armstrong's victory in Paris and not their own.
  • le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 493
    erm...perhaps if LA had actually been at the team celebration, AC could have thanked him :D

These spats are great. Just when the tour finishes and I start worrying about dark and foggy November evenings....they keep on going !

Better than Neighbours.
  • Le Commentateur
    le patron wrote:
    erm...perhaps if LA had actually been at the team celebration, AC could have thanked him :D

But Lance had his own private party to go to. You can't expect him to be in two places at once. :wink:
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    hey pistolero, there is no "i" in "team".

He is joking, right? Having a laugh. Taking the piss.

No "I" in team. He is that angry about stage 7? The failed attempt to get in yellow and then force the strongest rider to be his water bottle carrier. That was Armstrong's entire play -- what a tactical giant.

OK -- I'm off to the tour of Ireland to heckle this bast@rd.
  • thamacdaddy
    clearly I think some people in Astana fell out with him on verbier when AC definately went off the playbook. Thing about that as fans we love it and say fair play, when you are in a team though you want to know someone sticks to the playbook instead of doing what they feel like.

This one definately has legs though and can expect it to be proper fierce next years TdF or even before.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    le patron wrote:
    Better than Neighbours.

SPOILER!!!!!

Not sure how far behind you are in neigbors in UK; but things have gotten interesting in Ramsay Street.

Libby can't have hildren anymore so Dan is going to use Ms Kennedy's womb.
    And Paul Robinson is up to his questionable acts.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    le patron wrote:
    Better than Neighbours.

SPOILER!!!!!

Not sure how far behind you are in neigbors in UK; but things have gotten interesting in Ramsay Street.

Charlene and Scott are just about to get married in the UK.
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    le patron wrote:
    Better than Neighbours.

SPOILER!!!!!

Charlene and Scott are just about to get married in the UK.

That is a beautiful episode. Mate, you'd still be getting over Daphne's sudden death - I know Des still is.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    I'm still struggling over Max and Maria splitting up.
  • SpaceJunk

LOL
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    How can LA come out with a comment like that when he's been the worst team player of all of them...
  • Le Commentateur
    Greg Lemond must be enjoying this. Must remind him of his trip round France with Hinault in 1986.

I was actually quite relieved when it turned out Contador was mouthing off, as when the presenter on the BBC news first mentioned his name at the beginning of her report this evening I immediately thought we were going to be told that he'd failed a test and we had another Landis situation.
  • Le Commentateur
    SpaceJunk wrote:

LOL
    The rot set in after Bouncer left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4ahY4Bo_4
  • jim one
    jim one Posts: 183
    Bert's take via cfa

http://bit.ly/18U9zL

The water bottle incident on Ventoux is interesting as if they wanted a Paris-Nice collapse again :evil:
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    jim one wrote:
    Bert's take via cfa

The water bottle incident on Ventoux is interesting as if they wanted a Paris-Nice collapse again :evil:

The google translation of that article was very rough -- it appears to cover some interesting moments though.
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    The entire LA vs AC thing doesn't reflect well on Bruyneel's ability to manage his people.
  • merra
    merra Posts: 11
    hey pistolero, there is no "i" in "team".

...no, but there is a 'u' in c**t
  • Trev36
    Trev36 Posts: 92
    jim one wrote:
    Bert's take via cfa

There's a pic on Graham Watson site of Armstrong receiving a biddon from Jose Ivan Guttierez. What does that article say regarding the bottle?
    http://www.grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedocs.nsf/updateframesetcall?openform&09tdfSt20
  • SpaceJunk
    Trev36 wrote:
    jim one wrote:
    Bert's take via cfa

There's a pic on Graham Watson site of Armstrong receiving a biddon from Jose Ivan Guttierez. What does that article say regarding the bottle?
    http://www.grahamwatson.com/gw/imagedocs.nsf/updateframesetcall?openform&09tdfSt20

Essentially that (and since it's a terrible translation, I can't even tell if Guttierez is being quoted), Guttierez noticed AC was without bottle so he offered him one of his.

Not sure if LA was asked to pass it to AC or not, but essentially LA decided he'd have a drink from it first before offering it to AC.

AC was nonplussed (as was Gutteriez if he is being quoted in the article).
  • SpaceJunk
    Trev36 wrote:
    jim one wrote:
    Bert's take via cfa

Here's the rough translation. It does appear to be a direct quote from Guttierez:
    A scene misleading half the ascent of Ventoux left many fans with the impression that memory, unlike Coppi-Bartali or ever will know who is who gave water to the image that symbolizes the division of the Italian society and cycling in 50 years between her two idols, Contador refused to accept the courtesy of Armstrong, who offered him a jerry can of water with the colors of the Caisse d'Épargne. The image alone was cheating. Missing the previous plan. "I went on the run and I just reach the group Contador and Armstrong. I went to the left of the road and when I reached Contador, who was in the middle, I offered my drum, because I saw that he had no water and soy his friend, "said the Cantabrian Ivan Gutierrez, the number one leak (581 miles away without reward). "But it was extending the arm with water, when Armstrong, who was a bit delayed by the center, it took the fly and was ahead of Alberto. After drinking was offered to Albert, but it happened. And, it would be when I reminded him that it was mine, that I returned. "
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    But Lance had his own private party to go to. You can't expect him to be in two places at once.

even rasmussen can't manage that trick :lol:

I'm just picturing lance offering AC a jerry can on the lower slopes of ventoux. Aren't google translations wonderful?[/b]
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Latest on twitter from the armstrong:
    Seeing these comments from AC. If I were him I'd drop this drivel and start thanking his team. w/o them, he doesn't win.

hey pistolero, there is no "i" in "team". what did i say in March? Lots to learn. Restated.

So whats pissed him off so much?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 170479.stm
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    I think Contador will be ok if he joins CdE or Garmin. They have got some decent teams both of them.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    AndyRubio wrote:
    The entire LA vs AC thing doesn't reflect well on Bruyneel's ability to manage his people.

Ironically - I would say it DOES reflect well on his ability to manage people - as he managed to keep this all under wraps until after the Tour - and also managed to get 2 podium spots. Not great long-term managing - but certainly did the job when it was needed most?
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Armstrong (right) has expressed huge respect for this year's winner

Quote from BBC sport :shock:

Whole story here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/cycling/8170479.stm

A pretty biased piece of journalism IMO.
  • SunWuKong
    SunWuKong Posts: 364
    All this because his daddy didn't love him.