RPCC 'CCC' ride - Sat 1st Aug

Comments

• Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Nick - I've just checked the forecast for tomorrow. I was hoping for rain and an excuse to skip this week's Sunday ride. It's dry and sunny :?
    Actually feeling OK still - hopefully a curry and some beers will loosen the legs even more...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    Great ride guys. Props to Rich on the route, which for the most part was really awesome. Shame about the rain, but at least it wasnt cold hey....and I reckon we had a couple of minutes of sun time :lol:
    Am feeling proper drained now, even after a quick nap, not rele used to those sort of long rides, especially after coming off of holiday.....think I'll be a pussy and skip on the fast ride 2moro unless I wake up feeling all spritely.
    Once again, nice to see all you guys.
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • Art Vandelay
    phips wrote:
    Coming out to play with Mal, Mike an me?
    Club run tomorrow for me. Just as well you and Mal weren't out today - there were 6 Dynamos in club gear (including a newly decked out Rich), I was totally outnumbered :lol:
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    phips wrote:
    Coming out to play with Mal, Mike an me?
    I'm halfway tempted (even if I am inviting myself! :roll: :oops: ), but feeling quite achy so might well be more of a hindrance :?
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    Cheers again Rich for organising things - it was a great ride. :D

Am absolutey shattered now. Just had a curry and am having a couple of beers. Early night I think.
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Hey guys, looks like you had a real blast 8)

I will have to come along one day once I can substantially get my average pace up over longer distances.

Sadly I only managed to do a total of 4km today :shock:
    My bottom bracket decided to start making a whining noise more annoying than Ricky Ponting so am having to whisk it over to the Bike Whisperer on Wednesday Evening for service/replacement.
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Ok, I am coming tomorrow - a day off the bike has done me good - the BBQ friday night certainly didnt and I have been feeling toxic most of today. Landlord uties all done, and bike is ready to go. Just to confirm, what time are we meeting, 9am or 10am?
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    You know where you're going - if you get spat, at least you can find your way home ;)
    Problem with rear wheel = recovery ride then taking them to Prologue to be sorted, possibly along with my carbon ones... wheel-less for next week then, arse :evil:
  • Rich-Ti
    phips wrote:
    Unless Rich is coming along too? ;-) (go on, you know you want to)
    If I don't show don't wait, but I am sorely tempted despite my rear wheel being a bit iffy...
  • voxegam
    Is it alright if I make an appearance?.....Feeling a bit fresher now I've had some food and slept....Kinda in the same boat as Rich, if I dont show, dont wait. Sound cool?
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • felgen
    Ok 9 am - look forward to it, might be a fair size group coming along... just like the good old days with a sunday ride before we all joined clubs and did 'other stuff' like clubruns :D
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • felgen
    phips wrote:

And drank loads on a Friday night? ;-)
    Yeah that too.... :oops:
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Sounds like a great day (well apart from the rain). Planning something similar to the first half tomorrow with a friend.

Certainly won't be going the phips, felgen et al but might see you in the Surrey lanes
  • voxegam
    phips wrote:
    Oh, you coming to the park too, or jumping on at HC?

If I do come, i'll see you guys at 9 at richmond gate. As I said, dont wait up for me....Also if you do end up dropping me, I'll just make my own way back :lol:
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    I'm excited.! :twisted:
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Rich-Ti
    Just heard from phips - sounds like you guys had a pretty quick one today, nice work 8)

I got out for a couple of laps of the park - 25k @ 27.5kph ave and I reckon it hurt more than all of yesterday! :oops: :lol: Still, hopefully a useful bit of active recovery...
  • felgen
    That was a good un' I was rather late, as apparently they all 'decided' to leave on time, and I got there at 20 past 9 :shock: Cue hoonfest for me to try and catch them up, at least I knew which way they were going this time.

Anyway I found them at the top of Box Hill - I did a PB 6.54 (was shot by this time trying to catch them) so we had a rather speedy return to Richmond Park, followed by a sit and chat at the Roehampton gate cafe. It was nice to get out with soe of the gang again, and good to finally ride with Mal, having only met socially before - though I still maintain you need to look at the high adjustment on your front derailleur as I am sure I could hear it rubbing in top gear. Nice to see the Parlee finally Phips - veeeery nice, esp that Campag Super record 11 speed. :twisted:

I noticed Wilf in the park when we had just departed and gone our separate ways, the poor guy having come back from Box pretty much on his own as the pace got really lairy really quickly.

If there is more of that in future, I might try an extra special effort to come along next time, as it hurts so much less going that fast in a group...

I hope someone posts some stats in a while, as I havent got a clue what I did but it felt very fast.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    What a superb ride, really stoked with that pace.

Very similar pace stats to Phips, with an average heart rate for the run back of 163 and a max of 186 - I knew it hurt! Just what the doctor ordered.

Great to have the human motorbike back on board and not just for his pace setting but also for the sound of those wheels when the speed heats up, awesome sound!! :P

Wilf made it home safely - and so I'll let him tell you about his woes. Some days you're the dog, some days your the hydrant :?

The coffee was a good wind down, nice to sit and have a chat, thanks boys!

Think I need a new bike... :shock:
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Art Vandelay
    phips wrote:
    Oh no, Wilf didn't have problems on the way back did he? Emu?
    Oh no! Not another uphill somersault :?:
    Popped a spoke myself today so had to wobble back after about an hour and a half in to the club ride. Quite tired today :oops: