RPCC 'CCC' ride - Sat 1st Aug

Comments

• Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    phips wrote:
    Mal-inger wrote:
    After a couple of weeks in France I'm even more of a fair weather rider than usual.

So I'm in the hands of the gods (or a series of events in the troposphere if you're not religious) - let the weather decide. Lack of rain will get me out one of the days.

If Sunday is ok how about a rapid blast out? Keep it short[ish] - 70-80k in the hills, plus the 50 we do getting there?

I'd quite like to be back by late lunch if at all possible
    how would you be placed for a 10am start? We did RP return run in under 3hrs last week with a BH coffee break. Was about 75kms from RP.
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    urrrrrrrrrs Posts: 478
    Myk-ee wrote:
    I was thinking of making my debut this weekend,having got into some sort of shape :wink: and having a proper fitting for my bike at the Spesh concept store,i felt good on the bike :wink: and ready for what you could of thrown at me :shock:

But alas,due to the fact its my birthday today and ive got every intention of drinking tonight and having a major ruby murray as well,plus also i've been a naughty boy :oops: and gone and lost my driving license for a month(too many ponits :oops: i've no way of getting down there

)think i might just have to wait a few weeks
    Strewth..

at least life aint dull :lol:

8th March 2010,Spain ,Here I come !!!!!!
  • Myk-ee
    phips wrote:
    Myk-ee wrote:
    how would you be placed for a 10am start? We did RP return run in under 3hrs last week with a BH coffee break. Was about 75kms from RP.

That sounds very sociable! Would prefer (and I never thought I'd hear myself say this) a 9am start though - get back even earlier. I, we [Mal] still have an hours riding to get home after RP, so hitting the park again at midday would have us home by 1.

How about ready to ride at 9:30 sharp, and no BH break, just a fill up of the water bottles?
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Negotiating on start times - comedy! :lol:
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    So there will still be a rebel group taking off on Sunday? :D

How is the plan for tomorrow? Weather forecast is not changing. Are we going to head to Surrey instead of CCC or is the CCC still going ahead rain, hail or shine?
  • Rich-Ti
    Berns12 wrote:
    How is the plan for tomorrow? Weather forecast is not changing. Are we going to head to Surrey instead of CCC or is the CCC still going ahead rain, hail or shine?
    Not sure on tomorrow (CCC) at the moment - had kind of talked myself out of it because of the expected weather... but it would be good to have a crack at a decent length ride again.

Bern & tyksie are up for it by the look of things - Nick, what are you thinking (assuming your head's not too fuzzy from last night! ;) )? There looked to be a couple of other Dynamos keen to come along too.

If only I knew for certain what the weather was going to do...!!
  • Berns12
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Berns12 wrote:
    Not sure on tomorrow (CCC) at the moment - had kind of talked myself out of it because of the expected weather... but it would be good to have a crack at a decent length ride again.

Bern & tyksie are up for it by the look of things - Nick, what are you thinking (assuming your head's not too fuzzy from last night! ;) )? There looked to be a couple of other Dynamos keen to come along too.

If only I knew for certain what the weather was going to do...!!

I think Julian is still in, so that will boost numbers. Happy to do a run into Surrey just got a new rain jacket
  • Myk-ee
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Negotiating on start times - comedy! :lol:
    Would be comedy if you where joining us as you'd still be late, bahaaaa... :wink::lol:
  • Rich-Ti
    Sod it, CCC it is - rain isn't due until the afternoon so hopefully we'll have done the southern leg and Parklife by then, and there's always the train at Faygate if it gets too wet :lol:

Bern, Julian (remembered you this time! ;) ), tyksie, Nick(?) - all good to go? :wink:

8)
  • Myk-ee
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Sod it, CCC it is - rain isn't due until the afternoon so hopefully we'll have done the southern leg and Parklife by then, and there's always the train at Faygate if it gets too wet :lol:

Bern, Julian (remembered you this time! ;) ), tyksie, Nick(?) - all good to go? :wink:

8)
    Actually the comedy genius is reading you negotiating with yourself. :shock:
  • Rich-Ti
    Myk-ee wrote:
    :lol: :oops:

We didn't agree on a time, but I reckon 8am to make the most of the dry morning - everyone else cool with that? :?
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    8am is fine with me. Looking at the Met Office site, it looks like a tailwind home as well. I'm gonna need it.
  • Berns12
    edited July 2009
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Myk-ee wrote:
    :lol: :oops:

We didn't agree on a time, but I reckon 8am to make the most of the dry morning - everyone else cool with that? :?

Just to clarify we are doing CCC now eh (I know we skirted around the issue)? Just want to make sure I have enough food packed
  • Rich-Ti
    We are indeed Bern - fill ya pockets boy! :wink: :P
  • Esoteric80
    Esoteric80 Posts: 84
    I'm in I'm in I'm in. 8am.

Coast and back yes?
  • Rich-Ti
    Esoteric80 wrote:
    Coast and back yes?
    It is indeed! Good man, see you in the morning 8)
  • Berns12
    Recruited a fellow Dynamite

Roll call as it stands

Rich
    Me
    Esoteric
    RedGreenBaron
    Tyskie
    Jdr
    Fellow Dyanamite

Looks like we maybe to get a train going at some point then!
  • Rich-Ti
    Potentially another Dynamo coming along too (Martin) - he knows start point and time but not sure if he'll show or not
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    Dont forget me!.....(Barring any disasters)......

Looks like we could chug it along fairly fast with the numbers!

Where you guys meeting? Can a Hampton Court Bridge pickup be arranged or are you going a different way?
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    :? Not convinced a long cycle is what I need but what the hey...
    See you all at 8am.
  • Rich-Ti
    Good man Al! :wink:
    voxegam wrote:
    Where you guys meeting? Can a Hampton Court Bridge pickup be arranged or are you going a different way?
    HC collection is cool - be ready by 8:25am just in case :?
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Good man Al! :wink:
    voxegam wrote:
    HC collection is cool - be ready by 8:25am just in case :?

Is that what time you leave your house Rich :P

I was planning on showing my face this morning just to say Gday and just doing a few boring laps but might head out tomorrow instead.
    Phips wrote:
    Myk-ee, Mal and I are off out on Sunday. 9am meet at Richmond Gate, for a 'fast one'. No waiting, barely stopping at BH, shortish ride with the aim on keeping it quick.

felgen - be great to have you along too. And anyone else that wants a quick one

How quick is quick, could I keep up?

The long grazed legged one
  • Myk-ee
    phips wrote:
    The emu wrote:
    How quick is quick, could I keep up?

Yeah. I'm no rouleur for starters, so it ain't gonna be *that* quick. The guys said they averaged 30kph last week, which sounds nice.

The more the merrier. Sit in more. You know my turns will be short by the time we're coming home ;)

It's gonna be a feast of pain man...!! :evil:

Last week with 5 of us we did 30.5kph average. Good working group. We went the usual way to Cobham, then instead of going right down that first laneway we carried on straight towards Effingham and Effingham junction, then through Ranmore common down the big hill before hitting BH. Usual round-a-bout run back. The good thing about the route is that it avoids the narrow laneways and the constant slowing then accelerating out of the corners as well as the whole "I can't see round the next bend, is a hoon going to wipe me out?", so not as painful as you might think.

If you're suffering just do shorter turns out front or miss a turn to recover.
  • Rich-Ti
    Awesome. Ouch. And yuk! :shock: :lol:

GREAT ride today guys, a REALLY cracking effort by everyone - 193k @ over 29kph ave. in 6hrs 36mins according to my Garmin (ride time, not total) 8)

My legs hurt like hell now - compression tights for me for the rest of the day! :oops: :lol:

tyskie gets man of the match today - awesome effort Steve! Just be careful cleaning that bike though eh?! Any scratches on that beautiful paintwork and I'll be upset, let alone you!! For someone who wasn't sure if they could last the distance you stuck on all day, really well done :D

RedGreenBaron must of sat on the front for about half the ride - where do you get your energy from Nick?! :shock:

Martin doesn't post on here yet but was good to have him along, and I think he was impressed with the route and the way we all worked. Always good to ride with new folk so I hope he enjoyed himself.

Bern - did you and your mate get home alright? (forgotten his name already, that's terrible! :oops: Greg? ) :shock:

Everyone rode really well today - lots of pace line stuff (sorry for my skipped turns on the route North, tired legs! :roll: :lol: ) and lots of towing when folk got tired. Nice one all 8)

I'm not about next week but will still start a thread as ever.
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Both Rich and I on time :shock: Dry, dry, dry, dry, dry, Parklife, wet, wet, wet, wet, wet, wet, wet, wet, wet, wet, wet, wet, wet, wet, dry, dry, dry, wet, wet, wet, wet, wet, wet, wet, wet, wet, wet...137.6 miles, av speed 18.5 mph. Hot shower, Banana and plain chocolate milk shake, mmm nice :)
    Pace was decent today.
    Berns - make sure you get on the bike at least twice a week in the next two weeks - no shopping trips with your missus :twisted:
  • Usual thanks to Rich for a terrific route. It's like doing a sportive (longer than most, and 1800-1900m of climbing), and to those who say "it isn't 130miles, it's 65miles twice" I maintain Parklife is a disadvantage (lose the rhythm....), though a most welcome one - cracking bacon and egg panini.

As always, the rain's never as bad once you're in it then when you're contemplating it. But it was galling to find out London had pretty much escaped unscathed. Super thankful the puncture fairy didn't strike during the downpour, or indeed any time on the return leg.

And thanks to all for camaraderie.

Will be interested to hear how Al gets on in a decent length fast ride tomorrow.

Now to fix my cranks.
  • Rich-Ti
    Now to fix my cranks.
    Shout if you need a hand with that Nick - should have thought to offer at the end of the ride, got all the tools here and happy to lend if need be.