jrduquemin Posts: 791
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    So who is in? So far I count...

London-Red - possible
    tyksie - weather permitting
    Berns12 - possible
    thebongolian - "I think I'm in" :lol:
    Esoteric80 - "Pretty sure" :roll: :lol:

Much as I hate to be a fair weather rider, it is a long day - if it's wet I probably won't bother. Changeable is ok, I can handle that! :P

All a bit non-commital then... :oops: :lol:

dude, you forgot me :-) I should be out this weekend also. Bernard, surely one of your cycling buddies knows how to change a brake cable, hell, even I can do that. I've been working on bikes for 'only' 19 years ;-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    jrduquemin wrote:
    dude, you forgot me :-)
    :oops:

Sorry buddy! :roll: :lol:
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    Berns - if you can get the bike back in time I can change the cable for you, not sure about cleaning it though. Perhaps Rich can lend you some baby wipes?
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Myk-ee
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Much as I hate to be a fair weather rider, it is a long day - if it's wet I probably won't bother. Changeable is ok, I can handle that! :P

All a bit non-commital then... :oops: :lol:
    May I just remind you how much fun the 12hrs of rain on the DLMC was?

:shock:
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Myk-ee wrote:
    Berns - if you can get the bike back in time I can change the cable for you, not sure about cleaning it though. Perhaps Rich can lend you some baby wipes?

If not I sure can lend you some wipes ;)
    And yeah - changing cables is a POP - learn to do it yourself, then you know if it was done properly - I do everything I can (exepct build wheels, which I defer to resident wheel building demi-god Myk-ee though a wheel building jig is on my chrimbo list as it saves loads doing it yourself, or I might try to sneak one through cycelscheme)

I am still bummed that this CCC is happening on Saturday, I can make a ride sunday, but I might have to do something suitably heroic on my own on Sunday. Perhaps a compromise of a saturday hoon to Henley and back would be fair compromise.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    felgen wrote:
    Myk-ee wrote:

If not I sure can lend you some wipes ;)
    And yeah - changing cables is a POP - learn to do it yourself, then you know if it was done properly - I do everything I can (exepct build wheels, which I defer to resident wheel building demi-god Myk-ee though a wheel building jig is on my chrimbo list as it saves loads doing it yourself, or I might try to sneak one through cycelscheme)

Ta Felgen and Mykee, yeah I need to get one of those mechanic courses to get some tips. I am already starting to learn to do (basic) stuff but have not yet graduated to changing cables. If Evans cannot deliever I will knock on yours or Phips' door Friday evening :)

Felgen sorry to hear about the house situation. If you need new tenants, etc give me a shout. I can help by posting on our work classifieds section and see if there are any biters :)
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    I'm out of this one - after a two week sabatical I'm keen to get back into things but take it easy rather than a full days cycling.

After the Devils Staircase I need to learn to love my bike again - I might do a shorter ride on Sat or maybe a KW ride on Sunday depending on weather, but I need to get my dinner plate off and tune it properly before any more long rides.

The long grazed legged one
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    Seems it won't be this week that I'll show up again.

But I can tell you that I've survived my 8 day test...

Maybe I'll see you lot next weekend.
  • Rich-Ti
    Hmmm, mixed weather forecasts plus a lack of commitment are making me waver... I'm also not sure I'm feeling the love enough this weekend having popped a spoke on my carbon wheels again... :?

I'm tempted to switch my plans and have an easy ride Saturday followed by a harder, longer ride Sunday - maybe a club run... decisions decisions... :roll:

I'll confirm tomorrow... :shock:
  • Dang, that forecast refuses to improve. I can't ride Sunday and have not been out this week saving myself for the CCC. I'll be keeping a close eye on the forecasts and this forum tomorrow (evening) ready for a last minute decision.
  • Rich-Ti
    Hmmm, maybe we need some MOTIVATION?! :lol:

Not enough? Here's some MORE!! :wink::lol:

Freshly baked today... LUSH!! :P
  • Rich-Ti wrote:
    Freshly baked today... LUSH!! :P
    2 day old cakes? You trying to put me off?
    The biggest attraction is smooth tarmac and a following wind along the sea front.
  • Rich-Ti
    2 day old cakes? You trying to put me off?
    :lol:

I meant there'll be more of the same (but freshly baked!) on Saturday... :P
    The biggest attraction is smooth tarmac and a following wind along the sea front.
    Ahh yes, the spin along the seafront is a beaut - I averaged 40kph along there the other week! :twisted:
  • Berns12
    Rich-Ti wrote:

I'm tempted to switch my plans and have an easy ride Saturday followed by a harder, longer ride Sunday - maybe a club run... decisions decisions... :roll:

I'll confirm tomorrow... :shock:

wouldn't actually mind going all the way to Worthing and catching the train of shame back if the weather is bad

Alternatively how about a short run into Surrey, i.e. through to tope of Staple Lane and then left into Ranmore and Box Hill and back? It should be short and sweet, and relatively safe ride if the weather turns nasty?
  • Rich-Ti
    Berns12 wrote:
    wouldn't actually mind going all the way to Worthing and catching the train of shame back if the weather is bad

Alternatively how about a short run into Surrey, i.e. through to tope of Staple Lane and then left into Ranmore and Box Hill and back? It should be short and sweet, and relatively safe ride if the weather turns nasty?
    RP to Worthing is only 60 miles Bern! And if I'm doing anything short then it needs to be like last week with a 20mph+ average :twisted:

Can I just remind you that you have a rather large challenge coming up, and irrespective of what the rest of us will be doing you of all people should be out for a looooooong ride regardless! Remember this:
    Berns12 wrote:
    However the Tour des Cols will not be called off with inclement weather so will be there rain or not

:wink::lol:
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    I'd be up for a rapid blast somewhere on any day...as long as the weather isn't too disastrous....have been off the bike for a week and a half so might have to struggle along.
    Keep us updated. =]
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Let me tell you where I'm at. CCC is possible but don't fancy all day in the rain so I'll wait to see what the weather's doing. It's hard to get excited about cycling to a damp Worthing when you've just done the Gorge de la Nesque and Ventoux.
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    phips wrote:
    felgen wrote:
    I can make a ride sunday, but I might have to do something suitably heroic on my own on Sunday. Perhaps a compromise of a saturday hoon to Henley and back would be fair compromise.

I've got no plans for this weekend at the mo - if I were to do a ride I'd quite like a short, sharp one that gets me home by just after lunch. Do you and Myk-ee fancy a rapid blast somewhere on Sunday mornin?

Possibly, will let you know....
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Berns12
    Rich-Ti wrote:

Can I just remind you that you have a rather large challenge coming up, and irrespective of what the rest of us will be doing you of all people should be out for a looooooong ride regardless! Remember this:
    Berns12 wrote:
    However the Tour des Cols will not be called off with inclement weather so will be there rain or not

:wink::lol:

*Hangs head in shame*. Can I use the tapering method? :) I do plan for a short burst Sunday.

Saturday forecast has changed to light rain so could be a go-er.
  • Art Vandelay
    Berns - I notice both the www.tourdescols.com and www.yjadventures.com sites are down/domain rights lost. Everything OK with the organisers for your trip?
  • Mal-inger
    Mal-inger Posts: 15
    After a couple of weeks in France I'm even more of a fair weather rider than usual.

So I'm in the hands of the gods (or a series of events in the troposphere if you're not religious) - let the weather decide. Lack of rain will get me out one of the days.
  • Berns12
    Berns - I notice both the www.tourdescols.com and www.yjadventures.com sites are down/domain rights lost. Everything OK with the organisers for your trip?

Yeah it was cause for concern too, but I called the organiser has told me its still going ahead. the reason was due to the fact the domain names were registered to his business partner who has since passed away and there was some legal wrangle or something about getting it changed over.

I am keeping the faith

Having conquered Ventoux (congrats by the way) are you keen on coming along?
  • Art Vandelay
    Cheers Berns. Have to say no to the Cols though I'm sure it would be good. Just remember to embrace the pain! How many entrants? I get the impression it's small.
  • Berns12
    Cheers Berns. Have to say no to the Cols though I'm sure it would be good. Just remember to embrace the pain! How many entrants? I get the impression it's small.

Yeah not a big group, but hopefully some small groups will form. Yes there will be a of dark moments. My soul is prepared

You coming out this weekend for a spin?
  • thebongolian
    thebongolian Posts: 333
    With Saturday looking horrible I'm inclined to head out on Sunday which looks much nicer

Will also give me time to get my new wheels on the bike 8)
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    The forecast is looking much better now with just the chance of getting rained on towards the end of the ride. I can live with that if there's no change. :)
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    urrrrrrrrrs Posts: 478
    I was thinking of making my debut this weekend,having got into some sort of shape :wink: and having a proper fitting for my bike at the Spesh concept store,i felt good on the bike :wink: and ready for what you could of thrown at me :shock:

But alas,due to the fact its my birthday today and ive got every intention of drinking tonight and having a major ruby murray as well,plus also i've been a naughty boy :oops: and gone and lost my driving license for a month(too many ponits :oops: i've no way of getting down there

)think i might just have to wait a few weeks

8th March 2010,Spain ,Here I come !!!!!!
  • Myk-ee
    I was thinking of making my debut this weekend,having got into some sort of shape :wink: and having a proper fitting for my bike at the Spesh concept store,i felt good on the bike :wink: and ready for what you could of thrown at me :shock:

But alas,due to the fact its my birthday today and ive got every intention of drinking tonight and having a major ruby murray as well,plus also i've been a naughty boy :oops: and gone and lost my driving license for a month(too many ponits :oops: i've no way of getting down there

)think i might just have to wait a few weeks
    Strewth..
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.