Stage 18: Annecy ITT SPOILER

Comments

• FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    wow, Kreuziger down 1:32 after just 18 km. His TdF has been one long disappointment....
  • sportbilly1976
    sportbilly1976 Posts: 524
    edited July 2009
    Timoid. wrote:
    donrhummy wrote:
    VERY cool image there of the Schleck brothers. Frank standing right next to Andy with his hand on Andy's back as though he's transferring all his energy to him.

No the energy was transferred into his arm by the team doctor hours ago...

:? I bloody hope not...we might have a clean Tour for once
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    What a skunk of a Trek, Rip Van Winkle is riding.

Harmon on Radioshack: "So, an American sponsor, an American bike and an American star rider, in an all American team...."

For a minute there, I thought he was talking about CVdV and Garmin. :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    I know this won't happen but what if Andy has a chance to pass Frank on the road here, he really loves/respects his brother, would he back off a bit so as not to *crush* Frank's pride? Or would he ride right through?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    WTF are those things sticking out of the following team cars? Look like giant golf balls on sticks :?:
  • donrhummy
    BTW, is anyone else here missing the podium girls holding the bike like in the Giro instead of a fat, balding man?
  • donrhummy wrote:
    aurelio wrote:
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    Of course, the BIGGEST cheer of the day. TIme for the mute.
    What, for Armstrong? I thought that he has claimed that 'The French' hated him and that he feared for his life when racing in France. :roll:
    LOL, he also said that if he wasn't winning and instead helped a teammate, that would make the French love him.
    From what I have heard Armstrong has also been getting the biggest cheer of the day at each signing on ceremony right through the Tour. I really don't understand why 'The French' seem to love him so much when he spends so much time slagging them off and exploiting / feeding anti-French xenophobia in the US and the rest of the English-speaking world.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Man, I'd LOVE to crush my brother's pride...
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • donrhummy
    Phil/Paul are giving Contador much respect!

BTW, his form really has improved over 2 years ago.
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    edited July 2009
    donrhummy wrote:
    BTW, is anyone else here missing the podium girls holding the bike like in the Giro instead of a fat, balding man?

I don't know, some of us might like fat balding men :P

Oh, yeah. Wiggins is one second up at the first time split. You heard it here first!
  • donrhummy

Even after he (despite being the older brother) rode hard to protect your GC position?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    donrhummy wrote:
    Even after he (despite being the older brother) rode hard to protect your GC position?

This is why you're not a professional cyclist Don.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Coriander wrote:
    It would appear, judging by the TV pictures, that LA is the only rider on the course.

He is the only rider in the universe.
  • SpaceJunk
    Betcha Cadel is wishing now that Sastre rode last year's ITT like he's riding this one.
  • disgruntledgoat
    donrhummy wrote:

I am the older brother, but that may just make it all the sweeter. Can I give him an ironic "dig in" too?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • donrhummy
    iainf72 wrote:
    donrhummy wrote:

This is why you're not a professional cyclist Don.

LOL, yes that's why. Because otherwise I average 400 watts per hour. :wink:

But in seriousness, you are correct that a pro athlete does need that killer attitude. It's why Levi will never be a team leader.
  • SpaceJunk
    Is LA already only 5 secs down on Frank?
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    edited July 2009
    ! Armstrong 5 seconds to Schleck

FRANK!

Sorry... that's GC not today :oops:

Wiggo ! Go !

Strava is not Zen.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Wig..GO! Fastest at the first time check.

He's looking very smooth, a perfect tuck, his upper body barely moving. A real contrast to the Hunch Back behind him.
  • donrhummy
    Wiggins in first by 1 second at first time check!
  • disgruntledgoat
    Wiggins fastest at first check

@gietvangent
  • iainf72
    Go Wiggins go.

Who thought I'd ever say that!
  • NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    Wiggo fastest at first time check
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    Go Wiggo :D
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Ha Kleber. If you edit an earlier post it looks like to got there first!

Strava is not Zen.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    aurelio wrote:
    donrhummy wrote:
    aurelio wrote:
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    Of course, the BIGGEST cheer of the day. TIme for the mute.
    What, for Armstrong? I thought that he has claimed that 'The French' hated him and that he feared for his life when racing in France. :roll:
    LOL, he also said that if he wasn't winning and instead helped a teammate, that would make the French love him.
    From what I have heard Armstrong has also been getting the biggest cheer of the day at each signing on ceremony right through the Tour. I really don't understand why 'The French' seem to love him so much when he spends so much time slagging them off and exploiting / feeding anti-French xenophobia in the US and the rest of the English-speaking world.

Maybe they identify with his right-wing politics?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Kléber wrote:
    Wig..GO! Fastest at the first time check.

He's looking very smooth, a perfect tuck, his upper body barely moving. A real contrast to the Hunch Back behind him.

This is the thing that really perplexes me about Armstong's time trialling. How does someone who can't even get into a proper aero tuck ride so damn fast?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    So, uh, anyone seen Berto yet?
  • iainf72
    afx237vi wrote:
    So, uh, anyone seen Berto yet?

What does he look like?
  • disgruntledgoat
    Magic wheels and a high cadence...

@gietvangent