Stage 18: Annecy ITT SPOILER

Comments

• Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Geez, Kleber tough on Louis Leon.

He is consistent though.

Just saw that Texas cowboy warming up -- talking to the hog, planning global domination.
  • Chris_Who
    Chris_Who Posts: 137
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    Bakunin wrote:
    After this tour, Cadel Evans may retire and become a farmer.

Or a character voice for a Pixar animated movie.

His face already looks computer animated

Actually the letour site seems to have lost Menchov on the climb - I don't suppose he's climbed off has he? or has he stuck it in the granny ring?

Fat people are so insensitive
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    aurelio wrote:
    donrhummy wrote:
    George is SUPER tough. Wow. He likely has a broken collarbone but refuses to see the doctors or get an x-ray because if they tell him it's broken, he'll have to stop racing. WOW.
    That's all we need, another Tyler Hamilton... :roll:

He doesn't seem to be riding one handed, so any 'break', if it exists, can't be more than a minor crack.

What?? Just because both might end up having ridden with a broken bone, that means both must be dopers? That makes no sense at all.
  • donrhummy
    SOMETHING has to be going on with Cadel. He's actually become a crappy rider this year. It's weird. He's not just losing time due to a bad team, he's riding like a domestique.
  • Bakunin
    Yeah, Hincapie is very clean. In the same way that Luis Leon is.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    donrhummy wrote:
    SOMETHING has to be going on with Cadel. He's actually become a crappy rider this year. It's weird. He's not just losing time due to a bad team, he's riding like a domestique.

He's training now. That's what he said on Twitter.

Suspects he might be ill.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    donrhummy wrote:

He's taking it easy and saving everything for the Ventoux
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    Timoid. wrote:
    donrhummy wrote:

He's taking it easy and saving everything for the Ventoux

He's 5th at the cote de buffy so not too bad
  • aurelio_-_banned
    aurelio_-_banned Posts: 1,317
    edited July 2009
    donrhummy wrote:
    aurelio wrote:
    donrhummy wrote:
    George is SUPER tough. Wow. He likely has a broken collarbone but refuses to see the doctors or get an x-ray because if they tell him it's broken, he'll have to stop racing. WOW.
    That's all we need, another Tyler Hamilton... :roll:

He doesn't seem to be riding one handed, so any 'break', if it exists, can't be more than a minor crack.
    What?? Just because both might end up having ridden with a broken bone, that means both must be dopers?
    I was thinking more along the lines of Hincapie doing a re-run of Hamilton's phoney 'man of iron' act. Still, that sort of thing seems to go down well with American fans...
  • Bakunin
    iainf72 wrote:
    donrhummy wrote:

He's training now. That's what he said on Twitter.

Suspects he might be ill.

He would probably do better this year if he wasn't doing Twitter while racing.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    It's raining on the course now.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    donrhummy wrote:

Rode really well at the Dauphine...
  • Harry Hill
    Harry Hill Posts: 114
    Cadel has actually said (on twitter) that today is "another training ride".

He's not trying, he's just riding. He's out of this years contention and has no intention of hurting himself during the last few days.
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    Phil and Paul reckon Big George has busted LEFT collar bone.

You think that the fact that:

- his right arm is covered in webbing
    - his right knee is bandaged
    - he isn't using his right shoulder

that 'maybe' it's his RIGHT collarbone.

:roll:
  • donrhummy
    Cervelo's TT bike is amazing! The water bottle idea is really, really cool.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Fignon speculating on French TV that Menchov is saving himslf for Ventoux as well...
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • donrhummy
    Wowo, I've never seen Kloden even smile and he just started playing around there. He smiled, stuck out his tongue, laughed, made a face - he looks so relaxed! :lol:
  • Bakunin
    edited July 2009
    Versus just talked to Levi -- Phil's first question: "What did you think of Contador destroying his teammates?"

The cult of the cowboy has never been stronger.

LL Sanchez -- a nice 5th place.
  • Bakunin
    donrhummy wrote:
    Wowo, I've never seen Kloden even smile and he just started playing around there. He smiled, stuck out his tongue, laughed, made a face - he looks so relaxed! :lol:

What about that devil tatto? Scary.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Bakunin wrote:
    Versus just talked to Levi -- Phil's just question: "What did you think of Contador destroying his teammates?"

He should probably have just tried to tow everyone to the finish eh? What a joke Phil N Paul have become
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Bakunin wrote:
    Versus just talked to Levi -- Phil's just question: "What did you think of Contador destroying his teammates?"

He should probably have just tried to tow everyone to the finish eh? What a joke Phil N Paul have become

I'm shocked Phil even said such a thing... he must feel all dizzy and confident in the presence of LA
  • donrhummy
    edited July 2009
    BTW, they're reporting that Radio Shack will be the announced sponsor of Lance's new team. I don't know if they have it in the UK or not, but it's an electronics/computer store. They originally started as a do-it-yourself electronics store but now they just sell phones/mobile phones, computers, tvs, etc.

The website teamradioshack.com is already registered to a cycling company in Austin Texas (where Lance lives) and they're saying that's Lance's company. It's CSE Cycling:
    http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-s ... oshack.com
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    Moomaloid wrote:
    Bakunin wrote:

I'm shocked Phil even said such a thing... he must feel all dizzy and confident in the presence of LA

I know. Paul fulfills his PR/Communications role for Astana better now, then when he had the gig for Motorola.
  • dsmiff
    dsmiff Posts: 741
    donrhummy wrote:
    BTW, they're reporting that Radio Shack will be the announced sponsor of Lance's new team. I don't know if they have it in the UK or not, but it's an electronics/computer store. They originally started as a do-it-yourself electronics store but now they just sell phones/mobile phones, computers, tvs, etc.

Was branded as Tandy over here and disappeared about 6 or 7 years ago.
    http://www.youtube.com/dnsmiff
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    donrhummy wrote:

Was Tandy in the UK.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    dsmiff wrote:

And according to the procycling twitter it's not true.

We'll know later.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • donrhummy
    Yep, it's Lance's company:
    http://www.planetcse.com/
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    aurelio wrote:
    I was thinking more along the lines of Hincapie doing a re-run of Hamilton's phoney 'man of iron' act. Still, that sort of thing seems to go down well with American fans...

Yep he wore his teeth down grinding his teeth due to the pain, give the guy's their due. They may dope, but they ride on despite some very painful injuries. :roll:
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • donrhummy
    iainf72 wrote:
    dsmiff wrote:

And according to the procycling twitter it's not true.

We'll know later.

Maybe not, BUT, Lance's company owns the website.
  • NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    Wiggins next off
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom