Contador - mmmm I'm not sure about him

1235»

Comments

• I don't know about you but personally if I was expecting a delivery of red blood cells part way through le tour I wouldn't keep them in a big bus with my team name on the side :wink:

I applaud the French police for taking this seriously. I hope the comings and goings of people involved with all the riders were watched closely.
    Maybe Robin Williams brought it in :roll:
  • aurelio_-_banned
    aurelio_-_banned Posts: 1,317
    edited July 2009
    he's always been a great time trialer. So was Lance.
    True, if by 'great' you mean "losing around 6 minutes in the first flat TT of the Tour for three years on the trot".
    I don't know about you but personally if I was expecting a delivery of red blood cells part way through le tour I wouldn't keep them in a big bus with my team name on the side :wink:
    I applaud the French police for taking this seriously. I hope the comings and goings of people involved with all the riders were watched closely. Maybe Robin Williams brought it in
    More likely by an anonymous motorcycle with refrigerated panniers, or even in the cool box of a camper van belonging to a 'fan'.
  • grantus
    grantus Posts: 690
    Remind me, why was Don Catlin fired?
  • pedalpower
    pedalpower Posts: 138
    Anyone know if Armstrong was tested after the Ventoux stage or stage 17?
  • aurelio wrote:
    True, if by 'great' you mean "losing around 6 minutes in the first flat TT of the Tour for three years on the trot".

I don't think you want to get into a name calling contest with me. Is this place moderated? If so I'd advise the moderator to get this jerk in line before I flame him into oblivion.

I don't know about you but personally if I was expecting a delivery of red blood cells part way through le tour I wouldn't keep them in a big bus with my team name on the side :wink:
    I applaud the French police for taking this seriously. I hope the comings and goings of people involved with all the riders were watched closely. Maybe Robin Williams brought it in
    aurelio wrote:
    More likely by an anonymous motorcycle with refrigerated panniers, or even in the cool box of a camper van belonging to a 'fan'.

Aren't you the guy who was sitting on your ass blogging on here the other day with the actual Tour passing a few miles from your house? That is really sad.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Or you could get Editha Rumsas to pop by with a delivery :?
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Contador has spoken to Spanish papers about doping (from El mundo and using Google Translate as I can't be bothered to translate it properly)

Twice winner of the Tour de France, who said he felt happy for a victory for which he worked all year and which could not enjoy the "surprise factor" since it started as a favorite number, did not escape the questions of doping and specifically on the allegations of Greg LeMond, double winner of the Tour, which ensured that if you had to show Contador doped competed. "I do not have affected these statements and should not be given greater importance. I'm located throughout the year for all anti-doping agencies, I was ready for screening if they have asked me, and I have loved, among other things by or cycling. I am clearly in favor of inspections. "he said.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/20 ... 44866.html
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • aurelio wrote:
    I don't think you want to get into a name calling contest with me. Is this place moderated? If so I'd advise the moderator to get this jerk in line before I flame him into oblivion.
    Lighten up. It was a joke! Still, your reaction is what I might have expected from someone raised is the USA.

I await your 'Shock and awe' reponse. :lol:
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    pedalpower wrote:
    Anyone know if Armstrong was tested after the Ventoux stage or stage 17?

Yes, he was tested along with Wiggins, Frank Schleck, Contador, Garate, Kloeden, and I'm assuming the other jerseys, i.e. Andy S, Pellizotti and Hushovd
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Steve Tcp wrote:

I really don't understand why folk make excuses for people not clearing their name with a simple test on the grounds of "human rights" violation etc - such high principles that don't extend to clearing their own name and helping cycling overcome this curse.

Because in every judicial system on earth it is up to your accusers to prove that you are guilty not for you to prove your innocence. It is wrong for the authorities to demand your DNA to "rule you out" of an enquiry if you have no assurance that it isn't going to be used to check you against every crime they can't solve and you have no idea how they're going to use it or for how long.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • in every judicial system on earth it is up to your accusers to prove that you are guilty not for you to prove your innocence. It is wrong for the authorities to demand your DNA to "rule you out" of an enquiry if you have no assurance that it isn't going to be used to check you against every crime they can't solve and you have no idea how they're going to use it or for how long.
    But what has bike racing got to do with the operation of any judicial system? It is a sport where, as in all sports, the governing bodies set the rules and the competitors are free to play according to the rules, or if they disagree with the rules, not to.
  • jim one
    jim one Posts: 183
    http://velonews.com/article/9083

An interesting article here from a few years ago where it states as a 22yr old that Contador is a superb climber and time trialist.

The worrying bit however is that AC and LLS can produce around 500watts for an hour!! That I expect is marketing spiel like Armstrong can hold 500 watts an hour on his "Science of Lance Armstrong" show otherwise its showing they were on something!
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    aurelio wrote:
    in every judicial system on earth it is up to your accusers to prove that you are guilty not for you to prove your innocence. It is wrong for the authorities to demand your DNA to "rule you out" of an enquiry if you have no assurance that it isn't going to be used to check you against every crime they can't solve and you have no idea how they're going to use it or for how long.
    But what has bike racing got to do with the operation of any judicial system? It is a sport where, as in all sports, the governing bodies set the rules and the competitors are free to play according to the rules, or if they disagree with the rules, not to.

Morning Aurelio, love the new sig line! And if I may, whilst I don't always agree with you, you do always make me question my arguments and argue with logic yourself.

As I understood, Puerto was not an investigation by the Cycling bodies but a police and judicial effort. Hence my point. As it stands, were it a cycling governing body requesting my DNA I would ask which rule bound me to do that. I'm presuming that as there isn't a lengthy queue of sheepish looking cyclists outside the Spanish federation, there isn't one. If they introduce such a rule as a condition of holding a license then fair enough, but I would think long and hard about renewing even my 3rd cat license if BC wanted my chuffing DNA.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • As I understood, Puerto was not an investigation by the Cycling bodies but a police and judicial effort. Hence my point.
    It's a good point too. Once doping becomes criminalised a lot changes. I'm not sure for the better either, given that an unrealistically and unnecessarily high level of proof of doping may be needed, riders are less likely to come clean if they know doing so may given them a criminal record and so forth. On the other hand perhaps 'doping doctors' and suppliers should be treated as criminals.