Contador - mmmm I'm not sure about him

Langman
Langman Posts: 178
edited July 2009 in Pro race
Looking at how easy he is on the bike and his massive power outputs for such a small framed man, really makes me think he is on EPO or some variation of it. One of the chacteristics of epo was the exposive powerful bursts up hill that he is the master of.

I think it very rare that a great small climber can also timetrial with the best, not to mention his dubious past when it comes to doping. He never shows any pain I don't beleive that he is that much better than the rest that he can just breeze it naturally. Its just a shame that nobody and mention his past without reparcussions.

I was willing on Frank and Andy today both I think are clean. I love the Tour and enjoy it regardless but Astanas power makes me suspicious. Well do Wiggo - I think he is clean, but you never know.

Comments

• ukracer
    ukracer Posts: 421
    strange post!
    who needs testing when you can spot a cheat from seeing them on tv and even name the method
  • JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    edited July 2009
    Langman wrote:
    l He never shows any pain I don't beleive that he is that much better than the rest that he can just breeze it naturally. Its just a shame that nobody and mention his past without reparcussions.

he does still blow up which is probably the only way andy schleck or anyone can beat him this year like at PAaris Nice this year and lost loads of time to LL sanchez and in the tour that he won 07 i think it was the day before the night Rasmussen was chucked out he blew up so he can be beaten

www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/imageBank/c/CON ... IN-web.jpg
  • mgcycleguy
    mgcycleguy Posts: 292
    I'm not sure you can say that about any rider, even if you think it, unless you are prepared to maybe defend it in court... lol
  • Langman
    Langman Posts: 178
    Just look up his past and you will see its surrounded in suspician - he could have provided DNA to clear him from the Puerto scandal but did not - for me thats pretty damning. All clean riders would have cleared their names by providing a sample.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Langman wrote:
    Just look up his past and you will see its surrounded in suspician - he could have provided DNA to clear him from the Puerto scandal but did not - for me thats pretty damning. All clean riders would have cleared their names by providing a sample.

Yet you think Frank Schleck is clean? The same Frank Schleck who paid 7,000 euro for training plans from Doctor Fuentes?
  • Fastlad
    Fastlad Posts: 908
    He's dirty. Anyone who can make those kind of efforts and still manage a perfect aim with an imaginary pistola...must be on something!!

....banditos yankees :lol:
  • How about his team mates? Is this an 'Astana' thing? :wink:
  • Fastlad
    Fastlad Posts: 908
    aurelio wrote:
    How about his team mates? Is this an 'Astana' thing? :wink:[/quote

Could be, if we see 1 2 3 Astana podium :wink:
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    afx237vi wrote:
    Langman wrote:

Yet you think Frank Schleck is clean? The same Frank Schleck who paid 7,000 euro for training plans from Doctor Fuentes?

C'mon afx, Frank explained himself perfectly.

Yes, he did cough up 7,000 euros and gave it to a person he didn't know. Yes, the fee was for training plans - which he never received.

Sounds plausible to me.
  • As Uk racer says, impressive that even the method can be suggested just by watching the TV....
    How's about assuming that the person in the lead is actually clean for a change?
    Test's are in place and as such surely we should assume those that pass them are clean, or should we assume that everyone who looks handy on a bike is dirty?
    My thoughts are this; Contador is a whippet. If I was the size of him, I would hope to climb very well naturally, which he does. Why is it so difficult to believe that maybe he actually has the ability needed to strongly lead the tour?
    About time that people laid off this constant witch hunt - why not wait until they get caught, assumptions and finger pointing aren't really worth a great deal....
    I also think hte same for Armstrong, but think he's a bit of a tw^t to "bite the lip"....And Di Luca, what a c@ck.....
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    Langman wrote:
    Looking at how easy he is on the bike and his massive power outputs for such a small framed man, really makes me think he is on EPO or some variation of it.

I was willing on Frank and Andy today both I think are clean.

When AC attacked today, they both responded and shut him down immediately. How would they be able to do that if AC is doping and they are clean?

You can't have it both ways.
  • Takis61
    Takis61 Posts: 239
    +1 Bhima
    My knees hurt !
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    Bhima wrote:

When AC attacked today, they both responded and shut him down immediately. How would they be able to do that if AC is doping and they are clean?

No, you can't have it both ways....

Bertie can attack & leave people standing... We don't know who to believe....

It's a great piece of theatre though?
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    For me Contador's break s really remind of how Ricco broke away on last year's tour.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Bhima wrote:
    Langman wrote:
    Looking at how easy he is on the bike and his massive power outputs for such a small framed man, really makes me think he is on EPO or some variation of it.

I was willing on Frank and Andy today both I think are clean.

Is that when Alberto stopped pedalling while looking for Kloden?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • If you win in the current climate then you fall under the shadow of doping, i try to ignore the little voice in the back of my mind going "hmmmmm" give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Look on the bright side, as iainf72 reminded us only four in the top ten have links to doping doctors and other suspicious activities. Indeed we've got two Garmins and one FDJ rider in the top-10.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You can't, IMO, just guess at these things.

Look at top GC contenders Patrick Sinkewitz, Manuel Beltran and Moises Duenas! Oh.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Kléber wrote:
    Look on the bright side, as iainf72 reminded us only four in the top ten have links to doping doctors and other suspicious activities. Indeed we've got two Garmins and one FDJ rider in the top-10.

In 2005 it was 8 out of the 10.

Progress!
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Greg Lemond his his doubts too:
    http://www.lemonde.fr/sports/article/20 ... _3242.html

Take Contador's VAM on Verbier and apparently it translates into a VO2 max of 99. But there was a tailwind. Still, as the article reminds us, we discovered in the Festina trial in Lille that thanks to EPO, you can take VO2 max from 70 to 90.
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Yes, watching a repeat of the final 2 cols, Andy and Frank are both regularly grimacing, wincing and suffering (lots of pain on their faces) - whereas Contador and Kloden both look quite relaxed and no pain (or grimacing) on their faces - bit odd ???
  • On the other hand, Contador and Kloden are suffering but making out they aren't and the Schlecks aren't suffering but are making out they are. Put that in your conspiracy theory automagic argument making machine and see what comes out......
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    Langman wrote:
    Looking at how easy he is on the bike and his massive power outputs for such a small framed man, really makes me think he is on EPO or some variation of it. One of the chacteristics of epo was the exposive powerful bursts up hill that he is the master of.

I think it very rare that a great small climber can also timetrial with the best, not to mention his dubious past when it comes to doping. He never shows any pain I don't beleive that he is that much better than the rest that he can just breeze it naturally. Its just a shame that nobody and mention his past without reparcussions.

I was willing on Frank and Andy today both I think are clean. I love the Tour and enjoy it regardless but Astanas power makes me suspicious. Well do Wiggo - I think he is clean, but you never know.

you must phone the uci and wada and report your findings

do it now!
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Langman wrote:

I will never provide DNA for a government ID card scheme as it's MY DNA and I'll decide who gets it and for what. Does that mean I'm a criminal?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • slojo
    slojo Posts: 56
    How does the 'Astana are team-doping' theory tally with the 'Astana are all at each others' throats' theory?
  • SpaceJunk wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Langman wrote:

C'mon afx, Frank explained himself perfectly.

Yes, he did cough up 7,000 euros and gave it to a person he didn't know. Yes, the fee was for training plans - which he never received.

Sounds plausible to me.

Via a Swiss front..............................Oh, and Dr F is a gynaecologist by trade. :D
    Dan
  • Earthbound
    Earthbound Posts: 109
    Langman wrote:

How on earth does EPO, CERA or otherwise, increase your power output?

I agree with your quote about Contador "he can just breeze it naturally"
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Earthbound wrote:
    Langman wrote:

How on earth does EPO, CERA or otherwise, increase your power output?

I agree with your quote about Contador "he can just breeze it naturally"

As I understand it, it doesn't increase your power output per se, but it enables you to maintain a higher power for longer. E.g. what you can put out at max for only 45mins sans plomb, you can maintain for an hour with EPO.
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    so ehat is it about Contador's physiology that allows him as a scrawny climber to nuke the field on the flat sections of a TT?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    jedster wrote:
    so ehat is it about Contador's physiology that allows him as a scrawny climber to nuke the field on the flat sections of a TT?

Wait... I thought Wiggo was a scrawny climber too, no? If not, what is it about Wiggo's physiology that allows him, as a top pursuiter, to nuke the field on an hors categorie climb?