Di Luca positive for CERA in Giro d'Italia

1235»

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    teagar wrote:
    Do you not find it slightly disconcerting that your liking for professional cycling has taken you down the path of knowing that? I know I increasingly find that I know far too much about this doping malarky. It's not fun anymore.
    We're all amateur haematologists now. I worked for a biotech company for a bit and their speciality was blood products (don't PM me Danilo, nothing useful for a cyclist!) but it's from cycling that I learnt all the vocab: haematocrit, reticulocytes, off score, thankfully these aren't as essential as counter-attack or echelon but still...
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    Kléber wrote:
    teagar wrote:
    but it's from cycling that I learnt all the vocab: haematocrit, reticulocytes, off score, thankfully these aren't as essential as counter-attack or echelon but still...

They are to navigate most of the threads here... :P
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Hmmm.. I'm still puzzled about the use of Cera. The huge bust in Italy a few weeks ago suggested the use of an EPO type drug beyond Cera which is undetectable.

Beware of poor Google/Babelfish translations - it was CERA they found.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Hmmm.. I'm still puzzled about the use of Cera. The huge bust in Italy a few weeks ago suggested the use of an EPO type drug beyond Cera which is undetectable.

DynEPO is / was thought to be undetectable.

Hematideis still in trials but the AFLD reckon it's being used already.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.