My Superbike! S-Works Enduro SL Carbon *Update pg 8*

12346»

Comments

• Zaskar20
    Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    Does anyone reading this thread feel that anything I've posted warrant this;
    Look, you arrogant ars*. I made a light hearted comment about a nonsensical (to anyone outside you clique) post. You're the one blowing this thing out of proportion.

Or this pm sent around the same time?

To: Zaskar20
    Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:53 pm
    Subject: you got a ******* problem?
    What the fark is your problem? Mish-shapen face from pissing off to many people?

******* dickhead.

:shock:

I believe I've always tried to post with a smattering of humour? Maybe I'm wrong.
    Please let me know.
  • Ha ha ha nice one ravey :lol: Now listen up yeehamgoo' i do apologise i've obviously offended you. So for future reference, when (or if) i send you a thread i will keep it plain and simple so that you can understand it. the so called "code" refers to our bikes, black 5 is a black orange 5, for example. now stop being silly and leave my mate z20 alone :wink:
  • Zaskar20 wrote:
    Does anyone reading this thread feel that anything I've posted warrant this...............

I believe I've always tried to post with a smattering of humour? Maybe I'm wrong.
    Please let me know.

Nothings been said that warranted his comments, normally I find Mr Yeehaa a funny chap, but his comments were way outa line for some reason? Its easy to see that your comments were in jest, don't worry fella :wink:

I didn't understand the code until it was first explained and then it all fell into place, still to decipher the code, one needs to know those in question :P
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    A simple "it's a personal reference" would have explained it, but no, you had to be a fucking prick about it.
  • paul_sp
    paul_sp Posts: 32
    Zaskar20 wrote:
    Paul_sp thanks to you I am now the proud owner of these;

4050296295_4c8b770944.jpg

OK I had to stump up a little more cash, but hey, these are the best bars in the whole world. :wink::D

Fitting them later this evening - I hope my cables are long enough for the extra width!

And NO I'm not cutting them shorter (new cables before that happens).

I've got the same decission at the moment, my Sunline Bars are on the way back to CRC for a refund, but can't decide between the Monkeylite XC & DH.
    My thinking are the low rise XC would be about the same postion and width as the Sunlines,
    how do find the positon of the DH bars ?

Thanks,

Paul.
  • Zaskar20
    Nothings been said that warranted his comments, normally I find Mr Yeehaa a funny chap, but his comments were way outa line for some reason? Its easy to see that your comments were in jest, don't worry fella :wink:

I didn't understand the code until it was first explained and then it all fell into place, still to decipher the code, one needs to know those in question :P

Much appreciated, thanks. :)
  • Zaskar20
    paul_sp wrote:
    I've got the same decission at the moment, my Sunline Bars are on the way back to CRC for a refund, but can't decide between the Monkeylite XC & DH.
    My thinking are the low rise XC would be about the same postion and width as the Sunlines,
    how do find the positon of the DH bars ?

Thanks,

Paul.

Hi again,
    I have been thinking of changing my bars recently and, believe it or not, I nearly bought a pair of the monkeylite dhs last week. When I read the link that you posted, I couldn't believe my luck! (btw, how did you come across the information)
    I haven't fitted them properly so I've not been out on them yet (got the carbon assembly paste for fitting today)

The reason I had been looking at these bars is because the V1s never felt quite right. I've got a pair of 700mm wide bars on another bike with higher rise and more sweepback, and I've always preferred them. I don't have any technical answers for this, they just feel right for me and I don't think it has anything to do with the type of riding I do.

Your right to say the easton xcs are similar to the V1s. If you were perfectly happy with the V1s then the xcs would be a good replacement, but have you tried DH bars before?

Hard one to call really - all down to your own personal preferrence.

Sorry I can't help you more than this at this stage.

Many thanks again for the heads up.
  • Zaskar20
    New items fitted recently;

2010 Specialized Roval Traversee Wheels
    DT Swiss EXC 150 Forks
    eXotic 60mm, 6 deg rise stem
    Answer Pro-Taper 50mm Rise, 720mm wide, Carbon riser bars
    SDG Carbon I-Beam seatpost
    SDG I-Beam Bel Air saddle

4507971250_be49272d5d.jpg

4507331979_70d10bef99.jpg

4507331701_ba100599ff.jpg

4507331423_300fdb056b.jpg

Weight is now around 25lbs,although my scales are not accurate. When it gets weighed properly I'm hoping it could even come in under this weight.:D
    The items were primarily sourced for their function with weight given secondary consideration.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    damn thats lookin even better than ever 8) never been a fan of most specialized bikes, other than the pitch, but that is beautiful
  • Zaskar20
    lawman wrote:
    damn thats lookin even better than ever 8) never been a fan of most specialized bikes, other than the pitch, but that is beautiful

Thanks lawman, is the bikeshop stocking the Lapierre range yet?
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    not yet, may not be able to as another shop near us stocks them atm, but we are in the middle of moving to a bigger store atm, so it'll have to wait until that goes through before we start thinking of new brands. things are looking good tho, so maybe things might just go my way. still gonna buy one even we cant stock them, but obviously id save a fair bit if i could get through work :lol:
  • Zaskar20
    lawman wrote:
    not yet, may not be able to as another shop near us stocks them atm, but we are in the middle of moving to a bigger store atm, so it'll have to wait until that goes through before we start thinking of new brands. things are looking good tho, so maybe things might just go my way. still gonna buy one even we cant stock them, but obviously id save a fair bit if i could get through work :lol:

Might be a bit cheeky, but if the shop doesn't stock 'em could you buy on the cycle to work scheme at the other store? :lol: