adb1006 Posts: 938
    Zaskar20 wrote:
    Weight: 26.5lbs :D
  • Zaskar20
    Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    adb1006 wrote:
    Zaskar20 wrote:
    Weight: 26.5lbs :D

Thanks, I haven't been around to reply myself. :)
  • Zaskar20
    zog wrote:
    Zaskar20......now you need to get that machine dirty, I know some nice wet local trails!
    Thanks for the mention, it's a pleasure building a nice set of wheels, in the past Mrs Zog has laced a set for me...all correctly done, she just has to learn the fine art of trueing + tensioning them up.....
    BTW, nice looking bike :D

Hi zog, many thanks again for the fab hoops. I KNOW they are bombproof due to your wealth of wheel building knowledge and experience.
    Not entirely sure about taking on Mrs zog as an apprentice in the dark art of wheel tensioning!. Besides, i'd imagine she experiences enough tension at work, especially with those tossers at the lab!!!!!!! :lol:
    You can forget about the muddy trails - I'm not getting one speck of dirt on this baby!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
    See you soon.
  • The Prodigy
    The Prodigy Posts: 832
    Bit of a stunner you have there.
  • Zaskar20
    Went on a great, 3hr, 18mile ride, up and down (repeat many times) the Cotswold scarp slope today. :D My legs are now shot for a couple of days - it must have been the prolonged 1 in 4 climb to gain height towards the start, combined with all the other climbs during the ride!
    The bike was everything I expected - Light, fast, plush, responsive and agile. It performed brilliantly. :D
    I was very pleased with the set up, and as a result don't have to change anything.
    The only slight attention needed is a small creak/click that appeared around the BB area towards the end of the ride. I've a feeling it may be one of the cables moving during suspension movement
    Here's a few pics of the mud splattered steed.

3754927649_ba34e64a98_b.jpg

3754929057_76f27ff48f.jpg

3755731302_1a97bfc2f0.jpg

3754932035_27dff34e1a_b.jpg

In the last photo is my riding buddy's fab Orange 5 :D - Orange have always made great bikes, but suprisingly not too many on this forum!.
    Can't wait for my legs to recover and another great ride next week. :D
  • mowzer
    mowzer Posts: 79
    Very Very nice!!!
  • old \'un
    old \'un Posts: 14
    That Enduro is totaly awesome. Those frames ride really well. Dream build, dream ride, what a machine. Is it me or do those cranks look a tad short????? :D
  • BurtonM
    BurtonM Posts: 425
    you like the metallic blue bling dont you. I must admit i would love to have the funds available to build a bike like that. Im 17, no job, sponging off parents atm so i could never dream of building something like that . I will stick with my stock meta 5 until i have a grand coming in about 5 weeks hopefully. then i will enlist for your advice on modding my bike to make it rock as much as yours.
    8) 8) 8)
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    looks better with a bit of mud :)
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    :wink: i like i say no more :wink:

:lol: wow i want one :lol:

:cry: damn have no money :cry:

that is one nice bike
  • Zaskar20
    BurtonM wrote:
    you like the metallic blue bling dont you
    I DID have a liking for pimping the Pitch. I'm just borrowing the wheels for the Enduro for now. I will probably get something similar in black for the Enduro sometime in the future. At the moment I'm more into the understated, stealth look of this bike tbh.
    BurtonM wrote:
    I must admit i would love to have the funds available to build a bike like that. Im 17, no job, sponging off parents atm so i could never dream of building something like that . I will stick with my stock meta 5 until i have a grand coming in about 5 weeks hopefully. then i will enlist for your advice on modding my bike to make it rock as much as yours.
    8) 8) 8)
    Believe me your doing bloody marvelous to have such a fab bike at 17. All I had when I was that age was an old battered road bike with knobbly tires and cowhorn handlebars thrown on. In fact it wasn't those dudes in California with their engineering degrees that invented mtbing - it was ME! :lol:
  • Zaskar20
    old \'un wrote:
    That Enduro is totaly awesome. Those frames ride really well. Dream build, dream ride, what a machine. Is it me or do those cranks look a tad short????? :D
    Thanks for the compliment. :D

The cranks are 170mm - are you saying I'm a shortarse? :shock:
    Besides, what sort of a username is that with all the /'? characters? :lol:
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    i'm 13 and i'm going to build a bike it's going to be nowhere near as good as that but i am planning to spend about £1500 and i have a paper round as my job
  • Zaskar20
    jay12 wrote:
    i'm 13 and i'm going to build a bike it's going to be nowhere near as good as that but i am planning to spend about £1500 and i have a paper round as my job
    You should get a great bike for that amount. Which make/model are you hoping to get?
  • looks gorgeous bet she rides like a dream
    make sure its well locked up and insured too...!
    Couple of 5 spots, a hummer and a handjob.....
  • Zaskar20
    edited August 2009
    looks gorgeous bet she rides like a dream
    make sure its well locked up and insured too...!

Don't worry I'm never going to leave it unattended - ever - locked or not!
    Mind you thats not to say it's not possible to be mugged of it. You do hear horror stories where these things happen every now and then. I will be extra carefull and vigilant when it's in my possesion.
    This just leaves the times when it's locked to a wall in my garage which is integral to the house and also locked. Hopefully I've minimised the risk of theft as much as possible.
  • Zaskar20
    New bits arrived from CRC today. Absolutely bloody marvelous service. Ordered early Tuesday morning and arrived today! :shock:

Kore carbon I-beam seat post and SDG Formula FX saddle.

During my second and third rides, on the weekend. it became apparent that all was not as well as first thought with regards this area of the bike. The saddle was not very comfy at all - made my arse really sore and I felt as if I was falling off the back edge all of the time - very disconcerting - instead of enjoying the ride, my mind was preoccupied with this problem.
    Also, probably due some fettling whilst having one too many, I cut the seatpost a tad too short! (It happens to us all at somepoint)
    I chose the original saddle primarily due to it's weight. This is a lesson I have now learnt - never choose weight over comfort as it WILL be regretted.

The new post has been cut to size and fitted along with the saddle. Even just by sitting on the bike whilst stationary it seems much more comfy. :D
    I've also changed the grips to ODI Rogues - again much more comfy.
    I would say that the three points of contact on a bike (saddle, grips/bars and pedals) are very important areas that should be given extra special attention when choosing.

I got these items wrong first time round - no-ones perfect - not even me!. :lol:

3792267163_d9e9661ded.jpg
  • old \'un
    You've done it again mucker. That kore post looks the muts. ODI rogues are really comfi and easy to hang onto when things get sketchy. We'll find out this saturday at FOD I guess. Sorry about all the punctuation in old \'un, I dont know how it happened. I admit to being wrong about the stumpy cranks, you can make the bike move well despite this.
    :wink:
  • Zaskar20
    old \'un wrote:
    Sorry about all the punctuation in old \'un, I dont know how it happened.:
    I do - when choosing your username you were obviously drinking the same stuff as I was when cutting my Thomson Elite post! :lol:
  • old \'un
    my dad was right all those years ago,,,,,,,,,,,,, it does make you go blind!!!!! :shock:
  • Zaskar20
    old \'un wrote:
    my dad was right all those years ago,,,,,,,,,,,,, it does make you go blind!!!!! :shock:
    What.......Mountain biking!!!!!
    No wonder I'm up to +10 dioptre for my reading glasses! :lol:

3 posts and you still haven't shared your rides with us. Hurry up and get them posted - or are you waiting to show off the next addition?
  • old \'un
    That's very true, I must get round to showing you my slightly blinged Orange 5 pro and my 2005 enduro expert, which I love very much. Both bikes wear nobby nic tyres as I find them incredibly grippy and confidence inspiring.
    :D
  • Zaskar20
    Great 2hr ride in the Forest of Dean today. Got the bike proper muddy this time.

3802046048_834910b330.jpg

3802046042_a2e2c33777.jpg

Had two failures though :cry:

Half way through I got chainsuck whilst changing to the granny ring and the bike came to a grinding halt. So, i freed the chain and carried on. The chain then proceeded to slip every revolution. On close inspection around 6 links had become distorted and twisted (well spotted old un). Had no option but to take the section out which meant no large ring for the remainder of the ride.Thankfully this didn't hinder the rest of the ride too much.

Then towards the finish (last part of the fodca) I hit a small bombhole with my full weight on the rear of the saddle and the I-beam part broke free from the seatpost (see piccy) this turned the last 5 mins into a bit of a comedy ride. :lol:

3802046038_36255dcca3.jpg

Tonight I have re-attached the saddle (can't do this in the same position now :x ) and placed the portion of chain that was taken off during initial sizing, on the existing chain with powerlink connector. The twisted portion has now been discarded.

All ready for my next ride now. :D
  • jay12
    Zaskar20 wrote:
    jay12 wrote:
    You should get a great bike for that amount. Which make/model are you hoping to get?
    i'm going to build the bike on a kinesis maxlight XC120 HT frame with mostly SLX bits. XT breaks and FSA finishing kit
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    jay12 wrote:
    Zaskar20 wrote:
    jay12 wrote:
    i'm going to build the bike on a kinesis maxlight XC120 HT frame with mostly SLX bits. XT breaks and FSA finishing kit

similar build to mine :) check it out :D

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12633007
  • jay12
    lawman wrote:
    jay12 wrote:
    Zaskar20 wrote:
    jay12 wrote:

check out my other thread it's got the list of all the things http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12642020 nice bike btw
  • lawman
    jay12 wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    jay12 wrote:
    Zaskar20 wrote:
    jay12 wrote:

check out my other thread it's got the list of all the things http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12642020 nice bike btw

yer seems like a good spec, but make sure you get a short stem to get the most out of the handling. ive changed to a 70mm and its transformed the bike, but still a great choice, the only slight bad point is that the paint is shite, i meanreally shite. my uncles 10 year old kona has a better paint job :(
  • jay12
    u mean the paint on the frame
  • lawman
    jay12 wrote:

yer its crap tbh, it scratches easily and it chips as well. but other than that great frame, great handling, good value, but id loook at the steel prestige aswell.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=38362
  • jay12
    lawman wrote:
    jay12 wrote:

yer its crap tbh, it scratches easily and it chips as well. but other than that great frame, great handling, good value, but id loook at the steel prestige aswell.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=38362
    i did, i love the green colour, if i change the frame to a cove handjob in the future i could make the prestige into a SS bike but it weighs a full 580g more than the XC120