My Superbike! S-Works Enduro SL Carbon *Update pg 8*

Comments

• saltyman
    saltyman Posts: 472
    8) similar rubber design pattern to what i have just stuck on mine, any good?
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • Zaskar20
    Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    saltyman wrote:
    8) similar rubber design pattern to what i have just stuck on mine, any good?
    Are we talking frame protection here?
  • saltyman
    tyres mate, i was after the maxxis after looking at them at the weekend, though they only had the specialized ones in with the same design when i was in today so made do with those......£4 cheaper too :lol:
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • Zaskar20
    saltyman wrote:
    tyres mate, i was after the maxxis after looking at them at the weekend, though they only had the specialized ones in with the same design when i was in today so made do with those......£4 cheaper too :lol:

Oh sorry! :oops:
    Tyres have been brilliant from April through to present. Not so good in real muddy conditions - I'll have to get another set for these conditions and swap over when necessary.
  • saltyman
    :wink: thanks.
    roberts dogs bolx
    cannondale hooligan 1
    cannondale badboy
  • Shorty12
    Shorty12 Posts: 478
    Do you actually ride the thing? Seems to get lots of upgrades
  • Zaskar20
    Shorty12 wrote:
    Do you actually ride the thing?

Go to page 2, post 16 of this thread and start READING my posts (and looking at pictures if this is difficult) before asking silly questions :wink:
  • Shorty12
    Shorty12 Posts: 478
    edited October 2009
    :P Fair point could be spray on mud :D

Nice bike anyway how are the fox's?
  • Biggus86
    Biggus86 Posts: 385
    i repeat myself again Zask... "Super Sexy" !!! :p
  • Zaskar20
    Biggus86 wrote:
    i repeat myself again Zask... "Super Sexy" !!! :p
    Cheers again buddy.

To General;
    If you ever read this I just wanna say many thanks for the swap. I hope the floats are working for you as well as the vans are for me - bloody awesome!
    Just glad I saw your ad in the classified section.
    See you on the South Wales trails sometime.

I feel my superbike is now complete! :D
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    wow that is absolutly awesome!!!
    so what about your other bike?can i have it?
  • Zaskar20
    jay12 wrote:

F**k off!

:lol:
    No seriously, It's now my hack bike. I also use it to ride to and from work everyday
    This is only summer only as I have my old trusty Zaskar (hence username) that I use during winter. I ride off road (canal towpath) pretty much all the journey. :) The bikes can get really cacked up if the weather's crap.
    Also, it's a cycle to work bike, so untill I've fully paid back my employers, It's technically theirs! That's not to say that if the right offer came along I wouldn't sell it.
    How much 've you got? :lol:
  • jay12
    Zaskar20 wrote:
    jay12 wrote:

F**k off!

:lol:
    No seriously, It's now my hack bike. I also use it to ride to and from work everyday
    This is only summer only as I have my old trusty Zaskar (hence username) that I use during winter. I ride off road (canal towpath) pretty much all the journey. :) The bikes can get really cacked up if the weather's crap.
    Also, it's a cycle to work bike, so untill I've fully paid back my employers, It's technically theirs! That's not to say that if the right offer came along I wouldn't sell it.
    How much 've you got? :lol:
    oh okay. i thought it was just in bits laying around cluttering up your space.
    and i have 1 crappy raleigh but i'm saving up to buy a orange crush next year
  • Zaskar20
    jay12 wrote:

Are you going to build yourself?
  • KIFFY
    KIFFY Posts: 110
    a gorgeous bike mate, and sooo light!
  • Zaskar20
    KIFFY wrote:
    a gorgeous bike mate, and sooo light!

Cheers.
    The Vans have added a little more weight but I don't care coz they're brilliant.
    I'll post the new weight sometime soon.
  • jay12
    Zaskar20 wrote:
    jay12 wrote:

Are you going to build yourself?
    i changed my mind because it would be too expensive. i will be 14 then. so what i'm pllaning to do is ride the crush, upgrade some bits overtime and start building a bike after uni
  • Zaskar20
    Great ride in the Forest of Dean yesterday.
    The Fox Vanilla R 36's, I have aquired recently, were absolutely awesome.
    Not only do they suit the geometry of the bike more than the old floats (160mm travel as opposed to 140mm), but they transform the look of the bike as well as suit my riding better.
    Now, if I pick a bad line ( and I don't mind admitting that I pick many during a run or ride!), these Vans just ride over every obstacle (roots, rocks, small drops etc.) without flinching or throwing me off course. It's not just this though, they are so smooooooth in the process. Superb! :D

The amazing Van 36s

4020981089_df445c9425.jpg

I did have a Hope 25 degree rise stem on the bike previously. This was to gain a little front end height as the Fox floats were only 140mm travel, but the complete bike was supplied by specialized with 150mm travel E150s..(don't know if this actually altered the height of the headtube from the ground, because of differing lengths of forks as opposed to travel).
    When the 160mm Vans were fitted, they most definately pushed the front end too high for me. As a result of this I fitted a Thmpson Elite X4 stem This is the same length as the old stem (70mm), but is flat 0 degree rise),

4021743050_2b832fe1e3.jpg

4021741564_ab2e684784.jpg

4020981673_63b79c6316.jpg

I feel the bike is pretty much sorted now. Any changes will only be the odd tweak here and there from this point onwards.

Ditch the granny ring and fit chain guide/tensioner maybe?
  • Hi awesome looking bike, how are you finding the M4's? How do they feel?
  • SPIRO
    SPIRO Posts: 200
    Awesome bike fella, but damn you!!. I've got a factory spec s-work which i am now tempted to "customise"

Do you realise how much this thread could cost me!!. :wink:
  • Zaskar20
    HandjobDan wrote:
    Hi awesome looking bike, how are you finding the M4's? How do they feel?

Great brakes with great stopping power. Fit and forget! Tech lever is really cool - dial in the reach and bite position to suit your own personal preference.
    You don't get a gradual increase in power throughout the lever travel though. You get a lot of it towards the start of the travel and it stays there. I prefer this - it gives massive confidence although I know this is not everyones cup of tea.
  • Wow!
    Amazing job you've done there :lol:
  • KIFFY
    KIFFY Posts: 110
    damn those bars are sexy, im tempted to get a set of carbon bars for my hardatil.. not to save weight, just because they look so hot :)
  • Zaskar20
    SPIRO wrote:
    Awesome bike fella, but damn you!!. I've got a factory spec s-work which i am now tempted to "customise"

Do you realise how much this thread could cost me!!. :wink:

That's the beauty of custom builds - pick the frame to suit the type of riding and then have great fun picking the components to suit each other, the frame and one's tastes. :D
  • Zaskar20
    KIFFY wrote:
    damn those bars are sexy, im tempted to get a set of carbon bars for my hardatil.. not to save weight, just because they look so hot :)

Don't forget the trail buzz that they soak up too!
    Three benefits for the price of one. :lol:
  • Sorry for my english, I am not from UK.

I wonder if van 36 it's a handycap for climbing, I usually shrink E-150 to 100 mmm, but I am pretty sure that that fork must be incredible to have fun going down.

What about the wheight? Do you feel more heavy the front wheel?

Thanks a lot.
  • On the subject of line choice, you do manage to pick some good lines z20. Good job you have an amazing set of forks to help you ride some of your lines. Funny thing though, nobody else seems to ride your lines. We all find different ones to you 'cos yours involve getting too close to some bloody big trees.
    p.s. When are you going to start riding the carbon one. Who the hell invented spray on dirt ?????? :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Sorry for my english, I am not from UK.

I wonder if van 36 it's a handycap for climbing, I usually shrink E-150 to 100 mmm, but I am pretty sure that that fork must be incredible to have fun going down.

Thanks a lot.
    I've got Fox 36s floats on my ride, which are air sprung. They're actually lighter than a lot of shorter travel forks, amazingly. They don't hinder me up any sensible hills - I just shift my weight around the bike to get the best traction.
  • Sorry for my english, I am not from UK.

Thanks a lot.
    I've got Fox 36s floats on my ride, which are air sprung. They're actually lighter than a lot of shorter travel forks, amazingly. They don't hinder me up any sensible hills - I just shift my weight around the bike to get the best traction.

what do you mean with "sensible hills"? where I ride, usually have 300-400 meters up, in 10 kilometers, (5 miles) before starting the way down.
    Thanks,
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    what do you mean with "sensible hills"? where I ride, usually have 300-400 meters up, in 10 kilometers, (5 miles) before starting the way down.
    Thanks,
    300-400 metres in 10K is child's play. There are several roads here that climb approximately 200 metres in around a kilometer.

Anyway, what I mean by sensible hills, was a hill that is realistically climable. Some hills or mountains are so steep or slippery or boulder strewn that no amount of adjustable fork would ever get you up it, and I have to carry the bike instead.