My Superbike! S-Works Enduro SL Carbon *Update pg 8*

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    you probably wont notice it tbh, if the wheels are the same, you wont know the difference, the decade will be comfier, the xc120 is more direct, but still bearable for all day riding.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    might as well go for it then
  • Zaskar20
    Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    Now then jay12 and lawman, whilst I appreciate the post and view count rising on my thread, and the interesting content of your posts, it has nothing to do with my superbike. so bugger off to your own threads! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ps. jay12 I've looked at your plan and I hope It works out. :D although I do agree with the post regarding cup and cone bearings - I'd go for Hope too.
  • lawman
    sorry zaskar :P

thats a bugger on the old saddle front, happened to a mate once but his saddle bent in half :shock:
  • Zaskar20
    lawman wrote:
    sorry zaskar :P

thats a bugger on the old saddle front, happened to a mate once but his saddle bent in half :shock:

I'm you glad you took the post in the humourous manner intended lawman - it was made with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

With regards the saddle I'm a little annoyed that It failed on the first ride - I expected It to last a lot longer, however, I'm not sure if the clamp on the post has anything to do with the failure. Also, I did have the seat at the forward extreme of adjustment, so any weight on the back could potentially place more stress on the clamped area.

Surely should last more than one ride though? :shock:
  • lawman
    yer it should, but as you say at the extreme end of things it could be more liable to break or move. it seems to be only kore posts that do as yours did, as ive not of any sdg posts doing the same. i tried a few bikes with i beam and they've all been fine, so maybe its just the kore post. still not good enough really is it :(
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    it's not my fault lawman started it off he should have commented on my bike in my post
  • New items added last week;

Hope stem 70mm length intead of 50mm. This was nothing to do with steering, the change was made to give me a little more cockpit space and to get my position on the bike slightly more forward than it was. This has worked a treat and I feel more balanced on the bike.

New wheels together with rotors. These are now Hope hoops using Pro 2 hubs and Stans ZTR Flow rims (28mm wide).
    These are slightly lighter than the previous wheels as well as possibly stronger. Previous wheels now going back on the Pitch.

3937588570_934017ae77.jpg

3937584468_7a80704f9f.jpg

3937587454_273bd6ab02.jpg

3937586120_2115151f49.jpg
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    nice :) when are the black forks coming?
  • ravey1981 wrote:
    nice :) when are the black forks coming?

I hear what you are saying - any suggestions?
  • ravey1981
    well tbh if theyre in good nick id get them sprayed to match you're frame and get new decals on them...
  • lawman
    some xx revelations would be nice :D
  • ravey1981 wrote:
    well tbh if theyre in good nick id get them sprayed to match you're frame and get new decals on them...

I had a set of Rockshox Judys sprayed once by Argos, but the paint started chipping off soon after. Not keen to go down that route again unless anybody has had good experiences with fork spraying?
  • ravey1981
    i had a frame and fork legs powder-coated black a few years back....very hard wearing, much more so than an enamel type paint like argos use...worth considering especially with forks becoming ever more expensive these days.
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    lawman wrote:

seconded - 2010 Revelation XXs are amazingly light for their travel.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • BlackSpur wrote:
    lawman wrote:

seconded - 2010 Revelation XXs are amazingly light for their travel.

Thanks guys - maybe some serious saving is in order!
  • ravey1981 wrote:
    i had a frame and fork legs powder-coated black a few years back....very hard wearing, much more so than an enamel type paint like argos use...worth considering especially with forks becoming ever more expensive these days.

Sounds good. Where did you get this done and did you have to strip frame and forks yourself?
    Oh, how much did you FORK out for this. :lol:

Sorry :oops:
  • ravey1981
    I had it done at a local powdercoating firm, I cant remember the name, it was a few years ago as i said. I stripped it myself using paint stripper and wet and dry paper, it was a ball ache though, prob better to get them LIGHTLY sand blasted.

have a search for local powdercoaters in you're area and have a chat.

It didnt cost a lot at all. £30 ish. It was gloss black and since this is a pretty common colour they just fit it in with a job they were doing at the time, custom colours would obviously be more...
  • judging by the way you attack the jumps john boy, you'd be better off cutting up some old tubes and sliding them up the fork legs. result,,,,,, nice black finish and very tough. and do you need tough. what was that trick called that you did up the forest of dean on saturday?. it looked like some kind of can can combined with a nose dive. if laughter suppression was an olympic sport, i would have won the gold medal on saturday mate. thank god you didn't see my poor effort! mountain bikes, jumps and old gits just don't work....... very hot looking wheels john, well done :lol:
  • old \'un wrote:
    judging by the way you attack the jumps john boy, you'd be better off cutting up some old tubes and sliding them up the fork legs. result,,,,,, nice black finish and very tough. and do you need tough. what was that trick called that you did up the forest of dean on saturday?. it looked like some kind of can can combined with a nose dive. if laughter suppression was an olympic sport, i would have won the gold medal on saturday mate. thank god you didn't see my poor effort! mountain bikes, jumps and old gits just don't work....... very hot looking wheels john, well done :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Nice one oldun :lol::lol::lol:
    Shame you didn't take yer camera to film it, post it, and make others pi$$ themselves laughing at me - just like blackorange 5 on the day!
    Trouble is, there's no way i'm bailing out during jumps like that, abandoning the bike along the way. I'm gonna be holding on to 'my precious' tighter than that gimp Gollum on Mount Doom. :lol:
    Don't wanna trash the beauty whilst it's still so young!

Besides, at least we're still attempting the leaps - just goes to prove you can still get the adrenaline pumping even at 70+! :wink:

Btw, I know you a big Fox luvver, but what do you think of the Revelations?
  • I've read that Revelations are very good forks. Some might say better than fox, I'm sure they'd be more than adequate for the beast made from that magic black material.
    I could see, when you did your jump, the decision to stay on and save the bike far outweighed your initial decision of saving yourself. Brave man Z'20, that Spesh is worth sacrificing yourself for.As much as I love it, my 5 would have been ditched! We need to brush up on our jumping skills or take up something safer, like knitting. I will get the camera out John, but we looked like amateurs the last time.
    Note to self,,,,,,,, learn to bloody ride Old Un!
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    The Rev is a stiffer fork, and it is said that the Blackbox Motion Control damping is said to be at least as good as the Fox's
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • BlackSpur wrote:
    The Rev is a stiffer fork, and it is said that the Blackbox Motion Control damping is said to be at least as good as the Fox's

Cheers Blackspur :)
  • OldUn thanks for the great pics. I'm posting a few before/after with regards the recent changes.

Before

3948283863_c229d93023_b.jpg

3949068172_a01bb636d7.jpg

After

3948279897_be4439cfe1_b.jpg

3949062878_884232fa79.jpg

Oh and last but not least - a pair of old jumpers!

3949063362_84a2983328.jpg

3949069134_40b8584987.jpg
  • Be-a-utiful. Absolutely stunning bike mate!
  • Be-a-utiful. Absolutely stunning bike mate!

Cheers buddy :D I trust you're enjoying yours as well? Looks cool btw.

It's my own personal opinion of course, but I feel there's no other ride quite like the Enduro.
    So smooth, just like riding on a bed of damping oil. Also climbs so well - even with the propedal off. Dunno how both can happen in the same design? :shock: It's a mystery.

For me the perfect all mountain - do everything bike. :D
  • I couldn't agree more z20, enduros' are fantastic bikes and in my opinion (even though I ride a 5 pro) the best all rounders you could wish to throw a lilly white leg over. Your bike rides a very smooth yet informative ride and is nice and predictable on fast corners, jumps etc. Its' some crazy sh*t chamone! 8)
  • old \'un wrote:
    I couldn't agree more z20, enduros' are fantastic bikes and in my opinion (even though I ride a 5 pro) the best all rounders you could wish to throw a lilly white leg over. Your bike rides a very smooth yet informative ride and is nice and predictable on fast corners, jumps etc. Its' some crazy sh*t chamone! 8)

When are you ditching the O5 and getting yours then OldUn? :lol:

In the meantime, get your rides posted up you lazy old barsteward! :wink:
  • Ditch the 5?????????????? What is this crazy talk you say to me? Hell no z20! I love the little white machine too much. I'm still rather pleased with my 05 enduro anyway.
    You know me too well z20, I am lazy, also retarded when it comes to using this box of laptop tricks. Sorry.
    You'll need to remind me how to post pics of my hot 5 on't tinter web. :?
  • Zaskar20
    Could this be the last major change?

Fox 36 Vans fitted. Stem will have to be swopped for a 'flatter' version.
    I feel the bike has a pretty mean look about it now.

4011094895_5151c51fc9_b.jpg

4011093775_48e08df87d_b.jpg

4011860330_6a81245cca_b.jpg