Mettan Posts: 2,103
    What an exciting race today - go Cav.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    RichN95 wrote:
    camerone wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    I'm now playing the exact same stage on Pro Cycling Manager 09. I'll play it in realtime - its still more exciting than what's on TV.

I'll let you know who wins!

Who are you managing? What are you tactics?

presumably the tactics are make it as boring as hell so they get the radios back

I know that. I'm interested in SpaceJunk's race on his PC game.

i realise that. i was just being facetious. i will be more obvious next time
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    RichN95 wrote:
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    I'm now playing the exact same stage on Pro Cycling Manager 09. I'll play it in realtime - its still more exciting than what's on TV.

I'll let you know who wins!

Who are you managing? What are you tactics?

Don't flame me, but I'm riding as Cervelo.

Just doing the single stage. I've sent 8 riders off in a simulanteous attack. I've got Gerrans as my main hope if they stay away.

I've left Thor behind. I'm banking on him if it comes down to a bunch sprint.

I've fast forwarded some of the action; 65 kms to go. A break of 12 (8 are mine) still have 4 minutes. Gerrans is fresh and ready to attack at 25 kms to go.

BTW - this stage of Pro Cycling Manager is being run without the use of Race Radio, and I can confirm I have it on Amatuer level; so I should win!!
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    And I was planning on using this ultimately boring day at work to watch more of the racing than I usually have time to. Wrong day.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,874
    iainf72 wrote:
    Kléber wrote:
    It should liven up in the final stages, it's the Tour's equivalent of the Giro's Milan stage where the riders did a semi go-slow during most of the day. At least the bunch hasn't stopped to protest.

Are you trying to convince us or yourself?

they are just not up for it....

still lets see someone take advantage with 20km to go and become ostracized by the peloton forever OR NOT
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • SpaceJunk
    25 kms to go - get ready for the attacks!
  • chriskempton
    chriskempton Posts: 1,245
    Someone just removing their jersey to top up the tan. Terrific.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    drenkrom wrote:
    And I was planning on using this ultimately boring day at work to watch more of the racing than I usually have time to. Wrong day.

I'm the other way around, using a boring day of racing to actually do some work.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • chriskempton
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    25 kms to go - get ready for the attacks!

have you got predicitve telly? It's 39km left on mine :wink:
  • SpaceJunk
    Gerrans is gone; 17 kms to go

No one is following!
  • SpaceJunk
    46 secs with 11 kms to go!!
  • chriskempton
    If only life imitated art more often
  • chriskempton
    Goubert just went back to his team car and was seen looking at a dinner menu
  • SpaceJunk
    Ahhh bummer!!!!!!!!!

Gerrans died a 1000 deaths and got caught in last 100 metres

I was so busy with him didn't set Thor up for sprint :cry:

Cav won from Big Tom Boonen.

Thor came 17th, Gerrans still finished 11th

Cav's win; might be a sign of things to come.
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    This race is so boring it makes Sean Kelly's voice positively exciting
  • chriskempton
    Does look like a routine gallop for Cav, but maybe Ignatiev's got a sting in his tail. He's surely not just going to sit in all day and then wait to get caught.
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    They just had the final sprint LMAO
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    At least I won't have to watch it now and will be able to iron my shirts.

Phew.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Does look like a routine gallop for Cav, but maybe Ignatiev's got a sting in his tail. He's surely not just going to sit in all day and then wait to get caught.

Maybe Andy Schleck told him the Tour has a Fuga Cervelo classification, same as in the Giro.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,874

Roscioli's win in the vuelta perhaps...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • camerone
    igniatiev on the front shocker
  • chriskempton
    afx237vi wrote:

Maybe Andy Schleck told him the Tour has a Fuga Cervelo classification, same as in the Giro.

Well he has been in a lot of breaks, bless him
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Wow, Pozzato gets more and more chavtastic every year.
  • Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    camerone wrote:

presumably the tactics are make it as boring as hell so they get the radios back

Exactly. They don't really want to enliven things with a sprint. But letting a French break win on Bastille Day would be the wrong sort of punishment for the ASO. Yet another Cav win is the lesser of two evils.
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • chriskempton
    Ignatiev to have a dig when the junction's made?
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    My oh my! there are actually watts going into the pedals now!
  • Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    This finish might be quite good. Everyone is well rested - Cav ought to have lots of competition. How about Wiggo or Millar?
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • camerone
    columbia not willing to do it all
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Eurostar wrote:
    This finish might be quite good. Everyone is well rested
    Yes, this means many will think they're in with a chance. Add this to the twisty finish and there could be some wild moves and a higher than average risk of crashes.
  • They're holding on pretty well here...