Stage 10 - Limoges to Issoudun Spoiler

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Man, this stage sounds way more exciting with no radios!

:roll:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • chriskempton
    chriskempton Posts: 1,245
    I think they might catch the break by accident :lol:

What do they do then??
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Voigt was one of the main voices moaning about some of the Giro parcours too.

Him and Wegelius (another chief moaner) are reps for the rider's union, that's why.

Although Voigt's crack about helmets is doubly ironic because I remember riders threatening to strike over the UCI enforcing their use!

BTW, what the hell is Ignatiev doing in this break? Correct answer: absolutely nothing!
  • nards656
    nards656 Posts: 1
    http://www.versus.com/tourdefrancelive

Somebody wanted a streaming link. This one is great and legit.
  • chriskempton
    Columbia rider on the front trying to slow the peloton down :roll:
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    can't blame them thats the game considering they need to keep the break out until after the last sprint stage. Doesn't make exciting watching though.

More the point Ignitiav is not pulling on the front and Harmon mentioned thats unusal for him but wasn't it the same the other day in the break? is it just a case of getting the sponsor up there. I know he likes the break and was involved in a few in the giro
  • chriskempton
    He's just trying everything to win a stage isn't he? It's bastille day and the other 3 are french, so he knows he can sit in. Things might change if the break lasts til near the finish - the french might decide to attack him, or he might think he can go it alone and nip off.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    To think, the only stage of remote interest to the GC, this week, is the Colmar finish.
    The other stage without radios............
    Tosseurs. :x

French tv taking the p*ss. Showing pics of a snail crossing the road, infront of the peloton! :lol:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    Boring boring race, super dangerous action in the back of the pack... Can we have the radios back, now?
  • afx237vi
    To think, the only stage of remote interest to the GC, this week, is the Colmar finish.
    The other stage without radios............
    Tosseurs. :x

French tv taking the p*ss. Showing pics of a snail crossing the road, infront of the peloton! :lol:

Ooooh, that was nerve-wracking when the bunch went past! Kamikaze snail.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,874
    red card.... negative racing fines.....
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 494
    If that snail had copped it, the super slow-mo would have been a bit graphic. I wonder if they turned it round so it could slime off into the verge.
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    I just think it's ironic that the ASO introduced this 'to make racing more exciting;.

They also chose Bastille Day as one of the 2 stages, to increase the chances of a local winner.

Yet so far in the Tour we've seen 4 of the 7 stages (excluding opening TT and TTT) being won in a breakaway; 3 of them by French riders too.

There is just too much riding (pardon the pun) on this stage for Cavendish and Co to miss out today.

Race radios or not, I reckon we would still be seeing a rather pedestrian stage.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,874
    SpaceJunk wrote:

Race radios or not, I reckon we would still be seeing a rather pedestrian stage.

yeah ... your probably right
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk wrote:

yeah ... your probably right

Andy Schleck needs to go and tell Cadel Evans that Astana are looking tired. That'll liven the stage up!
  • afx237vi
    David Harmon just informed us that was Eurosport's last commercial break... with 67 km to go! It was the commercial breaks that were helping to break up the monotony :cry:

First sighting of longhorn dude. Where's he been?
  • SpaceJunk
    Pick your stage highlight. Is it:

A). Watching a snail cross the road, or
    B). Little Sammy being hilarious and spraying his team director with water. Gee, I hope that comes out in the wash Sammy!

Vote now!
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Do you think it's safe to take the word spoiler out of the title of this thread? :wink:
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    It should liven up in the final stages, it's the Tour's equivalent of the Giro's Milan stage where the riders did a semi go-slow during most of the day. At least the bunch hasn't stopped to protest.
  • SpaceJunk
    I'm now playing the exact same stage on Pro Cycling Manager 09. I'll play it in realtime - its still more exciting than what's on TV.

I'll let you know who wins!
  • afx237vi
    Do you think that plucky little snail will get the combativity prize today?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Kléber wrote:
    It should liven up in the final stages, it's the Tour's equivalent of the Giro's Milan stage where the riders did a semi go-slow during most of the day. At least the bunch hasn't stopped to protest.

Are you trying to convince us or yourself?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • SpaceJunk
    afx237vi wrote:

What, Sammy D???
  • SpaceJunk
    Looks like Kurt Asle-Aversen's got tonsillitis.
  • le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 494
    afx237vi wrote:

If so, it won't be able to collect the prize, it's probably already in the belly of a hungry road-side fan.
  • afx237vi
    le patron wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

If so, it won't be able to collect the prize, it's probably already in the belly of a hungry road-side fan.

Well it is Bastille Day, it would be rude not to.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    I'm now playing the exact same stage on Pro Cycling Manager 09. I'll play it in realtime - its still more exciting than what's on TV.

Who are you managing? What are you tactics?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    RichN95 wrote:
    SpaceJunk wrote:

presumably the tactics are make it as boring as hell so they get the radios back
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    camerone wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    SpaceJunk wrote:

presumably the tactics are make it as boring as hell so they get the radios back

I know that. I'm interested in SpaceJunk's race on his PC game.
    Twitter: @RichN95