Stage 7 spoiler

Comments

• deal
    deal Posts: 857
    Eurostar wrote:
    So what now for Wiggo? Will he be team leader?

Don't reckon so... VdV was on the back of that little group.

and wiggins was on the front and pulling hard
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Did anyone else notice Contador's smile after he blew everyone away and was halfway to the finish? Awesome.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    Great to see Wiggins riding so strongly at the end too.
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    So that answers the questions about the Astana leader, I guess.
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Contador has this sorted now. Race is for second.

Hope Wiggins can keep this up for a good GC...

I think he could finish top 10-15.

Remember a few years ago; the atypical Brad Wiggins, Brad McGee was being touted as a top 10 TdF rider (after coming 8th in Giro). Granted Giro different kettle of fish - but I think it is possible.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    contador didnt really gain a massive time advantage though did he.... lloked good and i suspect galvanised his leadership in the team , but no great timegain
  • wow what an exciting finish!!!
    wiggins ride was sublime, so chuffed for him.

but loving contadors acceleration too... did just enough to get over armstrong. its one hell of a tour already for the 1st week :-)
  • davidmiller
    davidmiller Posts: 320
    I'm not sure there ever was a question apart from in LA's mind. I'm a big fan of his, but I question whether he ever had the raw talent of Bertie.

Go Bradley!!

DM
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    I bet nocentini will wear yellow bibs so he wont have to wear that sh*t ugly brown pair
    www.dotcycling.com
  • SpaceJunk
    Forget Contador.

The face favourite is Cadel (well according to Aussie TV commentators anyway).

"He can get back 2 minutes on the ITT"

Quick, get your money on him!
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,874
    FJS wrote:
    Surprise of the day: Kreuziger losing a minute on the Evans-group

dam i hoping more from him
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    Cancellara finished well down in the end. The days defending yellow cant have helped. He finished 5:50 behind Contador.
  • SpaceJunk
    emadden wrote:
    I bet nocentini will wear yellow bibs so he wont have to wear that sh*t ugly brown pair

That was his motivation in the closing kms.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,874
    phreak wrote:
    Great to see Wiggins riding so strongly at the end too.

one of the strongest riders on the day....
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Cancellara strolls in 9'15" back...
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    FJS wrote:
    Surprise of the day: Kreuziger losing a minute on the Evans-group

dam i hoping more from him

yeah... im hoping it was just a bad first day... but with a tour like this year's where there are so few opportunities to make big gaps in the mountains, this is bad for him
    www.dotcycling.com
  • davidmiller
    davidmiller Posts: 320
    Cancellara finished well down in the end. The days defending yellow cant have helped. He finished 5:50 behind Contador.

Shame. I like Fabien - he's a great guy. Wish I could feel the same about a certain aussie!

DM
  • Cumulonimbus
    Nibali was also a disappointment being 10 seconds down on the Evans group. Menchov seems to be refinding some form having finished with the Evans group
  • SpaceJunk
    Nocentini looks like a Hawthorn AFL footballer!
  • SpaceJunk

Shame. I like Fabien - he's a great guy. Wish I could feel the same about a certain aussie!

DM

Who is that D Miller?
  • Rhods
    Rhods Posts: 400
    Did Sastre make it in with the Evans group? He seems not to have been mentioned a great deal today.
  • Cumulonimbus
    edited July 2009
    Rhods wrote:
    Did Sastre make it in with the Evans group? He seems not to have been mentioned a great deal today.

Yes. Results are here

http://www.letour.fr/2009/TDF/LIVE/us/7 ... index.html

The Columbia rider in that group was Tony Martin.
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,079
    SpaceJunk wrote:

DM

Who is that D Miller?

Ricky Ponting? :wink:
  • Cumulonimbus
    Wow, i guess that sort of fat percentage is how you keep your weight down :shock:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 145112.stm
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Did anyone see while Lance was being interviewed, in the back one of the bodyguards grabbed the face/jaw of a reporter and pushed his face back hard!
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Well, that was a real attack fest, wasn't it?
    Lance tries to resume normal, bore them into submission service, but Berto has other ideas.
    If it takes Evans to liven up a mountain stage, it must be utter cr*p.

The GC already looks depressingly cut and dried.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Wow, i guess that sort of fat percentage is how you keep your weight down :shock:

Tut tut! What will his sponsors think of that?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    The Feillu family is impressive, yellow jersey last year and now a stage win and the KoM.
  • SpaceJunk
    Timoid. wrote:

Tut tut! What will his sponsors think of that?

He looks like Frank Schleck circa 2006 on Alpe D'Huez (admittedly if Schleck had been on the party pies for a few weeks prior).
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Kléber wrote:
    The Feillu family is impressive, yellow jersey last year and now a stage win and the KoM.

The NapoleonD family isn't :(

A copper, a nurse and some noisy kids.