• camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    RichN95 wrote:
    camerone wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    camerone wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    camerone wrote:
    Andy Murray. vehemently scottish not british in his own words. took me one second to think of him.

By "his own words" do you mean "words he never actually said"?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/2008/06/23/wimbledon-more-mature-andy-murray-ready-to-shine-115875-20618073/
    he said it , got a backlash and then realised he needed to backtrack and say it was a joke. what he said in a pre wimbledon press conference is always going to be designed to appeal to the crowd. that makes him a gutless weazel as well.

No, he never said it - at least not seriously. He made a jokey comment about supporting whoever was playing England at football and little Englanders which giant chips on their shoulder have attacked him for it ever since.

s
    What actually happened, in the words of the journalist (Des Kelly) who actually conducted the interview (scroll past the Federer stuff):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1033143/Des-Kelly-Federer-8217-s-winner-taking-defeat-like-man-son.html
    So he did say it. joking or not- many a serious word said in jest. no chips here by the way, i spent twenty years of my life living as an englishman in Cardiff and i am pleased to say I left them all your side of the border.

I see you've seen my location as Cardiff and fallen into the trap of thinking I'm some Welsh nationalist. I'm not, born and brought up in England (Welsh mother though). Moved to Cardiff after Uni, and I love it. My accent is clearly Home Counties/Public School, but in 14 years only one person has ever taken exception to me for being English.

The anti-English stuff is generally just banter and if you have a sense of humour about it then there's no problem. It only comes out when football or, especially, rugby is on. But it's all quite friendly. If you want to see it as a problem it can be, but that's never the intention.

BRITISH, not English or Welsh - but proud of both.

it wasnt friendly when a meathead who couldnt speak punched me in a pub in ireland because he wanted Argentina to beat England at rugby. by the way i dont think you are a welsh nationalist, and for what its worth half my family are Welshies when my mum remarried many moons ago. i agree its mostly friendly - i am just trying unsuccesfully to dig myself out of the hole I have been labouring over in this thread :?
    still dont like Murray -not coz he is Scottish but he's just so dour....
  • camerone
    Moray Gub wrote:
    camerone wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    camerone wrote:
    Andy Murray. vehemently scottish not british in his own words. took me one second to think of him.

By "his own words" do you mean "words he never actually said"?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/2008/06/23/wimbledon-more-mature-andy-murray-ready-to-shine-115875-20618073/
    he said it , got a backlash and then realised he needed to backtrack and say it was a joke. what he said in a pre wimbledon press conference is always going to be designed to appeal to the crowd. that makes him a gutless weazel as well.

So he said he was supporting anyone other than England ? So whats the problem with that its called sporting rivalry. Do you think Liverpool fans wanted Man U to win the Champs league last week ? Do you think real Madrid fans wanted Barca to win ? the answer is both cases id definately no. I am British but when England play football i want them to get thumped every time no question they are our main sporting rivals, nothing against the team as such but the English bias the BBC etc show is pathetic. Thats why when they loose another penalty shoot out the laughter can be heard all over the glens and all through the valleys.

you're wrong actually, i support LIverpool and wanted Man U to win. i am all for sporting rivalries, but frankly find the attitude here abit pathetic . I want the home nations to win at sports against other teams than England. just have to agree to differ I think.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    camerone wrote:
    you're wrong actually, i support LIverpool and wanted Man U to win. i am all for sporting rivalries, but frankly find the attitude here abit pathetic . I want the home nations to win at sports against other teams than England. just have to agree to differ I think.

You're not a scouser I take it then? ;)
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    don key wrote:
    I hadn't seen Gregs so called rant until I was gently pointed in the right direction by the chief shitters bitter twitter, Hi, i'M Jinxed iMstrong and my nose , though long , has been in a Pinnochioaton, so that should answer all the humours going round at the moment in my head in my bed in my ZZZZ time, when I dream of losing a whining battle as my rattle is thrown from a point just above Scalp Hizhez.

Greg is the greatest thing since twice dead, once in real life and again in your head.
    If you fail to see what he is doing and why he is doing it then you are not really interested in the good of the sport in the first place.

Lances Hatorade Twitzer is an example of his corporate inability to avail of humour without getting paid advertising into the garbainge. I don't think he will get to the end of the Tour de France this year and if he does I see him jumping over to the less than free version being run by the prison service. Sorry, it will be free, free of the drudgery of druggery.

How is it that all of a sudden Greg is some perfect Messiah? Oops, I forgot he must be a God because he's fighting an evil demon. Why is it that some people, when talking about
    all this, remind me of shaved heads, chanting, white robes and airports? A word here and a word there and, bingo, they are in some cult that is all knowing.
  • DavMartinR
    DavMartinR Posts: 897
    I think Lance's hair is short? Not shaven.
    As for the white robes, yea they blanked out the sponsors name on their kit.
    Airports???
    Bingo? I don't know what Cav has got to do with it??

:D:D:D:D
  • don key
    don key Posts: 494
    One hours sleep and a lot of music from the drunk below, no, not the Devil drinking, the relaxoholic on the ground floor in full Delhi Disco Dreamland. Lack of sleep often cuts to the chase in the mind. I found the video very engaging after he managed to remember what it was he was discussing in the faust place. If you can visualise an enormous firework display , you only really manage to take some of it in, his mind(Gregs) is exploding in many directions at once, anecdotes, evidence, admiration and then, oh no , he cheated, it is obvious except to those who want the bad guy to win, what kind of a movie is that.

iMStrong the movie will be made more than once , at the same time, with see through prequels, the whole 8.5 metres(approx), I cannot be bothered getting my tape out. TrueLieStrong is a goer for me. I'm off to toughen up my Messiadahs touch.
  • camerone
    camerone wrote:

You're not a scouser I take it then? ;)

born not bred.