Boardman Pro '09 Hardtail...*New Pics Page 7*

jmillen
jmillen Posts: 627
edited February 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Well at long last I picked up my '09 Boardman Pro after work this evening. Have't finished putting it together properly yet,. but thought I'd take some pics and get them on here whilst the weather is nice and its nice and clean. Apologies for the size of the pics...came out bigger than I thought. Spec under the pics :)

P1000177_resized.jpg

P1000186_resized.jpg

P1000183_resized.jpg

P1000187_resized.jpg

P1000182_resized.jpg

P1000188_resized.jpg

P1000193_resized.jpg

Spec

Chainset: Truvativ Stylo GXP 44/32/22T
Forks: Rock Shox Reba Race, 100mm travel, Motion Control damping, external floodgate & lockout
Frame-: Ultralight super butted race spec aluminium
Headset: FSA Orbit with cartridge bearings
Hubs: Sealed bearings
Brakes: Avid Elixir R carbon hydraulic disc brakes, 160mm rotors
Rear Mech: SRAM X0
Front Mech: SRAM X9
Gear Shifters: SRAM X9
Handle Bars: Ritchey Pro
Rims: Ritchey WCS
Stem: Ritchey Pro
Seatpost: Ritchey Pro
Tyres: Continental Speed King
Saddle: Cboardman, Cromo rails
Pedals: Wellgo

As always, comments & questions more than welcome... :D
2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon
2014 De Rosa R848
Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter

Comments

• kopite1979
    kopite1979 Posts: 443
    seen one of them at delamere forrest, stunning looking thing
    It`s changed a bit since...
    2010 Zesty 314
  • JxL
    JxL Posts: 383
    Looks amazing, although I would seriously consider dropping down the stem by a few spacers and putting them on top, or cutting down the steerer tube. The handlebars are already quite high risers so it wount do any justice for climbing up hills!

P.S swap the QR on the front wheel so it protects the rebound adjuster :)
  • jmillen
    Thanks, and thanks for the advice :D I'll get on to that tomorrow.

Still need to play around with the brakes, gears etc yet but I'm in no rush. Prefer to do it properly and get it right than be out and about and find I've *&^(& something up
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • Si78
    Si78 Posts: 963
    Lovely bike mate, enjoy it :D

Si
    Why has my sig been removed by the admins???
  • bigdavevw
    bigdavevw Posts: 213
    I like them bikes 8)
  • jmillen
    Thanks, I intend to ! :D

All set up properly today so I'll venture out on it tomorrow hopefully, looks like this weather is in until at least then.

Just reading the Reba manual now to check that they're set up properly for my weight etc etc
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • JxL
    JxL Posts: 383
    jmillen wrote:
    Thanks, I intend to ! :D

All set up properly today so I'll venture out on it tomorrow hopefully, looks like this weather is in until at least then.

Just reading the Reba manual now to check that they're set up properly for my weight etc etc

Don't worry too much about the set up of the forks, I leave it at 95psi positive and 105 psi negative. I weigh 65kg ish, and found this set up to be nice.

check the pressure once a month or so. Also use teflon based oil lube to clean the stanchions (around the seals), but after you apply it and pump the forks few times, wipe off the forks clean.
  • jmillen
    Well went out on my first ride today on the new machine...48 miles and loved every second of it !

Its so light, and the gears are excellent. Brakes need a bit of time to bed in, but thats not a problem. Definitely going to need to change the saddle though, ouch ! :shock:

I was a bit worried that the Speed Kings wouldn't take some of the "bumpier" parts of my ride, but everything seemed okay, and so fast on the semi-tarmac'd stuff.

Thanks JxL, I'll need to sort myself out a pump next...
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • renno555
    renno555 Posts: 6
    I was looking at one of these the other day and thought the saddle looked like a razor blade lol.
  • Si78
    jmillen wrote:
    Well went out on my first ride today on the new machine...48 miles and loved every second of it !

Its so light, and the gears are excellent. Brakes need a bit of time to bed in, but thats not a problem. Definitely going to need to change the saddle though, ouch ! :shock:

I was a bit worried that the Speed Kings wouldn't take some of the "bumpier" parts of my ride, but everything seemed okay, and so fast on the semi-tarmac'd stuff.

Glad u enjoyed it! Im soooo jealous lol

And yes, the saddles are torture! I keep thinking that my bum will get used to it, but im afraid it wont :cry: might invest in a charge spoon saddle...lots of people say they r comfy.

Si
  • 2tired2ride
    2tired2ride Posts: 285
    What, no I love those saddles! I have one on my hybrid and it has a nice amount of flex. It may be just the angle you have got the saddle at. From the pictures the saddle looks a little nose up for my liking. Just wait and see and give it some adjustment. Plus you have the ti rail version as you have the pro, so it's fairly lightish.

:D:D
    "If we all had hardtails we'd all go down the hill, just slower"
    Nick Larsen

Voodoo D-Jab Ti
    Boardman Road Team 09
    Boardman Urban Team 08
    Falcon 3 Speed
  • adb1006
    adb1006 Posts: 938
    jmillen wrote:

If you've got a decent-ish track pump - CRC do an adapter thing for about £5 which enables you to use it as a shock pump. I've got a Joe Blow track pump and this adapter works a treat.
  • jmillen
    It got a bit dirty :x

Just thought I'd post a few more piccies for those interested....Anyone thinking of getting one of these, but not quite sure....just do it....you really won't be disappointed. The shifting and forks are worth their weight in gold.

DSC00180_resized.jpg

DSC00181_resized.jpg

DSC00182_resized.jpg

DSC00183_resized.jpg

DSC00184_resized.jpg
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • That's a lovely looking bike. Looks awesome in white. :D

Enjoy
  • Boardman have done a fine job. Like them a lot.
  • alexclaber
    alexclaber Posts: 29
    Just got one of these myself! Very lovely, first proper test will happen this weekend.

Alex
  • Great bike but I just can't convince myself that the grey chainrings don't ruin it, I know I am being picky and the spec is brilliant. From any angle where I can't see the chainrings it looks great :D
  • jmillen
    Well I went to Cann Woods yesterday evening (those of you in and around Plymouth etc would probably know where I mean), and my current tyres (Speedkings) were useless :lol:

Soooo, out I ventured this morning and returned with these.....I was a bit unsure to start with, but they're growing on me now....comments welcome :D

DSC00192_resized.jpg
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    edited June 2009
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....not sure. I think they could well grow on me too but....ach i dunno.

See when I get a proper job....do you want to have a "pimped Boardman competition"? haha! :lol: (Im only half joking)
  • Si78
    Look ok, and if they do the job, even better!

Out of interest what other colour sidewalls do they come in?
  • jmillen
    I saw them in either Blue, Red, Yellow and I think they may have had plain black, but I did want a bit of colour on mine and thought blue was probably a good one to go for (also because alot of my other kit is pretty much exactly the same colour blue (gloves, jacket etc)

Edit: Not only that, I've just noticed they almost match the Blue from the Richey Pro graphics :lol:
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • Si78
    yeah good choice! I was just looking at mine and thinking about the blue ritchey logo 8)

Let us know how the tyres cope off-road.
    To be honest, the Maxxis tyres on mine aint too bad, but I just like buying stuff lol

I just got a black Charge Spoon saddle (very comfy, and I would recommend it!), and some Lizard Skins Northshore lock-on handlebar grips (again, very comfy and grippy).
  • jmillen wrote:
    Well I went to Cann Woods yesterday evening (those of you in and around Plymouth etc would probably know where I mean), and my current tyres (Speedkings) were useless :lol:

Soooo, out I ventured this morning and returned with these.....I was a bit unsure to start with, but they're growing on me now....comments welcome :D

DSC00192_resized.jpg

Nice, I like it, takes a double look but it adds a mark of individuality to it :D
  • Same tyres as on my specialized, so you are preaching to the converted :)
  • Clivee
    Clivee Posts: 8
    Did someone mention a Boardman bling competition ?? :lol:

http://s582.photobucket.com/albums/ss264/Clivee-album/
  • jmillen
    Oooo, interesting, gone down the gold route huh....Liking that

I'm going to go down the blue route and see where it takes me...

Come on Si78 and Stoo61, you can join in :lol:
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • gcwebbyuk
    gcwebbyuk Posts: 1,926
    Very nice bike - great spec for the price too!

Not sure on the tyres though... shame you can't get them with white walls!
  • jmillen
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    jmillen wrote:
    Do we think there is enough white on the bike already without this for example?

There is never enough white on a white bike :D
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • jmillen
    Well its either that or go down the Ritchey WCS Carbon route....
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter