The ultimate Lance doping thread

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    KKspeeder wrote:
    la13.jpg
    Refill Time!

That's the funniest thing I've seen this year. We've had The Devil, even The Angel and that Texan with the cowhorn helmet. Is this The Wasp? Well done to the man, some satire always goes down well.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Kléber wrote:
    KKspeeder wrote:
    la13.jpg
    Refill Time!

That's the funniest thing I've seen this year. We've had The Devil, even The Angel and that Texan with the cowhorn helmet. Is this The Wasp? Well done to the man, some satire always goes down well.

Was that the Statue of Liberty I saw the other day? Just caught a glimpse.

Dennis Noward
  • You know whats funny? a guy started a thread on LA and i think ive seen one post on him and the rest has been about a guy in a costume. Well he is chasing LA and Lance did push him over but nothing on doping :shock:
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    You know whats funny? a guy started a thread on LA and i think ive seen one post on him and the rest has been about a guy in a costume. Well he is chasing LA and Lance did push him over but nothing on doping :shock:

I was just coming on to post about the same thing. On any other subject, people turn the thread into a Lance doping conversation, I set one up for people to discuss the subject, and suddenly everyone goes quite. :?

Still, the arguments do seem to have ceased on the other threads, I hope that this one has had something to do with that.
  • Wishfull thinking :wink:
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • dennisn
    johnfinch wrote:
    You know whats funny? a guy started a thread on LA and i think ive seen one post on him and the rest has been about a guy in a costume. Well he is chasing LA and Lance did push him over but nothing on doping :shock:

I was just coming on to post about the same thing. On any other subject, people turn the thread into a Lance doping conversation, I set one up for people to discuss the subject, and suddenly everyone goes quite. :?

Still, the arguments do seem to have ceased on the other threads, I hope that this one has had something to do with that.

Maybe you said it all in your original post. It all turns into, yes he did, no he didn't, same thing over and over, followed by various insults and name calling. Nothing new there.
    At least the pic's of the "fat bee" seemed to give most people a good laugh or at least a chuckle. Much more interesting than "more of the same old, same old". Still makes me smile when I think about the expressions on the other riders faces. I think they really enjoyed seeing Lance shove that guy into the snow. Now that's funny.

Dennis Noward
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    see Lance got dropped on the main climb yesterday...he is not so sure about 2010 either saying "doubtful" ...wonder if he regrets the comeback now...for all the great shows of loyalty to Leipheimer am sure LA will not last long if his season turns into that
  • Dave_1 wrote:
    see Lance got dropped on the main climb yesterday...he is not so sure about 2010 either saying "doubtful" ...wonder if he regrets the comeback now...for all the great shows of loyalty to Leipheimer am sure LA will not last long if his season turns into that

At least he made it back. I was surprised to see the whole Astana team (less Levi) crack so badly.
    Noticeably, it was Andy Schleck who took them apart.
    A sign of things to come?
    Probably not. I'm sure they'll be "firing on all cyclinders", come the Tour.
    Yaroslav Popovych already seems to be over his Lotto "dip in form".

Must be thanking those nice, helpful Quick Step lads, too. :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Armstrong looked OK by the time they got to Cole Grade though. And he's not usually racing at this time of year (apparently he only raced once a year before he retired) so it's hard to read anything into that.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Dave_1 wrote:

I was wondering about that. Hard racing, in the rain, crashes, Liveclean devils that need pushing over and all the extra curricular stuff (or curricular depending on how you view it) must be exhausting. Absolutely no doubt he can raise his game, but for 2 more years you need to want it very badly.

Is LA still confirmed for Flanders ? You can't really ride that at half throttle.
  • dennisn
    D-Back Mac wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Sorry, you just haven't convinced me. I'm going to have to stick with "loser, fat sack of......". First impressions ....., as they say.
    And yes, we do have freedom of speech and yes, he is entitled. I don't have a problem with him doing that. Gave me a chuckle. Looks like it gave a few riders a chuckle too.

Dennis Noward

Many people suffer from obesity and can not control it. There are some who believe causes are hereditary in some cases. Likewise, if you've ever known anyone with diabetes you would know it is a trial and tribulation as well.

"However, families also share diet and lifestyle habits that may contribute to obesity. Separating genetic from other influences on obesity is often difficult. Even so, science does show a link between obesity and heredity."

- http://www.articlesbase.com/weight-loss ... 51993.html

- http://www.fatcyclist.com/2007/09/25/ho ... next-bike/ This character has even written for this website. :wink:

I don't really care if this guy / girl is hereditary and or lifestyle challenged. Fat, skinny, white, black, you get what you give in this life. A little bit of "fat sack of ......" seems entirely appropriate. Or at the very least there is always the old saying "you can't fix stupid".

Dennis Noward
  • armstrong is a hero.... clean as a whistle!!!! never been caught doing anything wrong.

Everyone just wishes they were as good as lance... If everyone traines as hard as lance then they would be as good as he is.

Ive read his books...its written in books so it must be true...GO TEAM LANCE!!!!
  • I am not easy with this. Another thread on Lance?

:roll:

:wink:
  • Go lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go LanceGo lance! Go Lance! Go Lance
  • If everyone traines as hard as lance then they would be as good as he is.
    I think that this claim is one of the things that annoys me the most about the Armstrong Myth. For one it is clear that Pharmstrong's successes owe as much to Epo, blood doping and so on, as well as his natural ability and the sacrifices of his team, as they do to his 'hard work'.

At a deeper level this 'story' is a reiteration of the myths of the modern so-called 'meritocracy', where those who 'fail' do so because they are idle, stupid and feckless. (What was it that Armstrong argued, that 'The French' don't win the Tour because they don't work hard enough? :roll: ). In turn this attitude is used to justify the essentially selfish and anti-social notion that those who 'succeed' fully deserve to keep for themselves every penny of what they have accrued. *

Armstrong is a model of the 'dog eat dog', 'to the winner the spoils’ ideal that has seen the breakdown of what used to be called 'social' values in recent decades. No wonder so many people who acclaim Armstrong as a 'hero' so often appear to have a very 'right-wing' (or hierarchical) outlook on life!

I also feel uncomfortable when people talk about the way he 'beat' cancer. In reality people get lucky and respond well to their medical treatment, and even if having a positive attitude helps, this is surely a secondary issue.

If it is claimed that Armstrong’s 'will' (how Nietzsche would have loved him!) saw him 'beat cancer' what does that say of those who die of the disease? That there were 'weak' and by extension chose their own fate? A certain politician from the mid part of the 20th century argued something very similar about humanity in general: "Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live."

* For a discussion of this issue see Alain de Botton's book 'Status Anxiety'.
  • aurelio wrote:
    If everyone traines as hard as lance then they would be as good as he is.
    I think that this claim is one of the things that annoys me the most about the Armstrong Myth. For one it is clear that Pharmstrong's successes owe as much to Epo, blood doping and so on, as well as his natural ability and the sacrifices of his team, as they do to his 'hard work'.

At a deeper level this 'story' is a reiteration of the myths of the modern so-called 'meritocracy', where those who 'fail' do so because they are idle, stupid and feckless. (What was it that Armstrong argued, that 'The French' don't win the Tour because they don't work hard enough? :roll: ). In turn this attitude is used to justify the essentially selfish and anti-social notion that those who 'succeed' fully deserve to keep for themselves every penny of what they have accrued. *

Armstrong is a model of the 'dog eat dog', 'to the winner the spoils’ ideal that has seen the breakdown of what used to be called 'social' values in recent decades. No wonder so many people who acclaim Armstrong as a 'hero' so often appear to have a very 'right-wing' (or hierarchical) outlook on life!

I also feel uncomfortable when people talk about the way he 'beat' cancer. In reality people get lucky and respond well to their medical treatment, and even if having a positive attitude helps, this is surely a secondary issue.

If it is claimed that Armstrong’s 'will' (how Nietzsche would have loved him!) saw him 'beat cancer' what does that say of those who die of the disease? That there were 'weak' and by extension chose their own fate? A certain politician from the mid part of the 20th century argued something very similar about humanity in general: "Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live."

* For a discussion of this issue see Alain de Botton's book 'Status Anxiety'.

Whilst i agree entirely as always aurelio, I think Warrior was joking.
    Dan
  • I think Warrior was joking.
    Er, I think that you are probably right! :oops:
  • I'm outing myself... I'm in the camp that thinks Armstrong doped. I used to think that maybe he was someone special becuase he seemed to beat cancer when the odds looked so heavily stacked against him. I guess I thought he'd won the genetic lottery in terms of his ability to beat disease and come back as the greatest tour rider of his generation.

Now the more that I've learned about cycling in terms of how widespread doping was and the more it appears that other members of the US Postal/Discovery dream team were dopers I can't see how he could be better than those around him who used all that pharmacology has to offer to be the best.

I believe he doped, but just as I know that David Blane cannot really levitate or make the card appear behind the shop window by throwing it, I don't know how he does it.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I know that David Blane cannot really levitate

You take that back!! :P
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Sorry Prawny I should have saved that comment for a "can Blane levitate or not" thread!

On which point what is Aurelio's stance on the master of "street magic"?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • what is Aurelio's stance on the master of "street magic"?
    Clearly, very many people like to believe what they know isn't true. No wonder Blane, Armstrong and other myths, cults and religions are so popular! :wink:
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    aurelio wrote:
    what is Aurelio's stance on the master of "street magic"?
    Clearly, very many people like to believe what they know isn't true. No wonder Blane, Armstrong and other myths, cults and religions are so popular! :wink:

Amen to that! :lol: badum tshhh!

Thank you I'm here all week 8)
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    [quote="aurelio"[/quote]

Sometimes i think the fact that Armstrong did not die irritates you .

MG
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • aurelio wrote:
    Bla bla bla bla ...............................................................................................bla bla bla

Wow it must really suck to be you !! :lol:
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    rockmount: Try not to get personal. Tackle the argument, not the man.
  • dennisn
    aurelio wrote:
    what is Aurelio's stance on the master of "street magic"?

Sounds like a place to Quote Stevie Wonder-

When you believe in things that you don't understand
    Then you suffer
    Superstition ain't the way

Not sure why or where that applies but something has to apply.

Dennis Noward
  • Kléber wrote:
    Tackle the argument, not the man.
    That's why England wont win the 6-Nations this year!
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Kléber wrote:

At least somebody was paying attention to the rules. :wink:
  • dennisn
    Kléber wrote:

Yes, try to remember "rockmount" only pro riders are allowed to be bashed on this forum.
    Bashing one of the posters is not permitted because they have feelings and are
    sensitive human beings. Whereas any doper, or someone they think is a doper, is obviously a vile blotch on society and can have anything said about them - no exceptions.

Dennis Noward
  • Kléber wrote:

Are you being serious .... ffs :lol::lol::lol:

..like you lot never tackle THE man !!
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?