Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    Clever Pun wrote:
    might well be out on friday... anyone fancy a pre A&E tipple (topple?)

Ah no, I got my crashing in last night thanks :shock:

Note to self: don't carelessly cycle into a pothole on your MTB with the forks locked down for climbing. And going over the bars onto a badly rutted concrete road hurts.

Thanks to the two ladies who stopped to see if I was ok. The first one showed me her scars from her recent bike crash :-)
    I may have been a little brusque with the second who said "at least you were wearing a helmet" - as I stood there bleeding from knees, elbows and shoulders but with nary a scratch on the lid !

Grr. Helmet nazis. Grr.
    Misguided Idealist
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Clever Pun wrote:
    might well be out on friday... anyone fancy a pre A&E tipple (topple?)

Ah no, I got my crashing in last night thanks :shock:

Note to self: don't carelessly cycle into a pothole on your MTB with the forks locked down for climbing. And going over the bars onto a badly rutted concrete road hurts.

Thanks to the two ladies who stopped to see if I was ok. The first one showed me her scars from her recent bike crash :-)
    I may have been a little brusque with the second who said "at least you were wearing a helmet" - as I stood there bleeding from knees, elbows and shoulders but with nary a scratch on the lid !

Grr. Helmet nazis. Grr.

Sorry to hear that matey you need morphine, it kicks arse :?

however i can only function in the window between doses after that it's drooling time :roll: and def DON'T drink beer with it :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Fireblade96
    itboffin wrote:
    Sorry to hear that matey you need morphine, it kicks ars* :?
    :

I checked with the GF, a trainee nurse, she told me I needed muscle relaxant.
    A large GnT not only eases the pain but the cold glass can be used to ice the bruises :-)

I'm developing a very strange handlebar-shaped bruise on my torso; I think I can even make out the brake lever !
    Misguided Idealist
  • mudcovered
    mudcovered Posts: 725

That must have been one hell of a pothole to throw you off an MTB regardless of lockout status. :shock:

Mike
  • Fireblade96
    mudcovered wrote:
    That must have been one hell of a pothole to throw you off an MTB regardless of lockout status. :shock:
    Mike

It is! It's not so much a pothole as a ditch right across the road, it's up to 6" deep in places.

Sadly I can't pretend that it's the council's fault - the hole's been there for years, I normally use it for bunny-hopping practice (or ride round it on the footpath if on the roadie). I was distracted, not paying attention, BANG!
    Misguided Idealist
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Bump. Any more for any more? Or have you all crashed?
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    I'm in. May even risk the current vogue for crashing by riding. On a Friday :shock:
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    I might pop along - am even pondering cycling to work tomorrow. :shock:

But then again the sky may yet fall in.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    I shall be bowling somewhere in elephant and castle while getting drunk...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • itboffin

Oy you i'm watching you ... :wink:

So I wont be along, wouldn't do any good if I did I'm having trouble remembering most of this week :roll:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • londonlivvy
    londonlivvy Posts: 644
    Sorry - instead I shall be on a long train journey with a client or three.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    itboffin wrote:

Oy you i'm watching you ... :wink:

So I wont be along, wouldn't do any good if I did I'm having trouble remembering most of this week :roll:
    plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose. ;)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • MonkeyMonster
    Sorry - instead I shall be on a long train journey with a client or three.

well... I never thought you had that sort of client let alone 3 of them. :shock:

does explain why your back and shoulders are sore though...
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    itboffin wrote:
    I'm having trouble remembering most of this week :roll:

You borrowed 100 notes off me.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • itboffin
    Greg T wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

I wondered where that rash had come from and the strange feeling that i'd been touched in the "bad" place :?
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    itboffin wrote:
    Greg T wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

I wondered where that rash had come from and the strange feeling that i'd been touched in the "bad" place :?

That's not a rash....

It's ketchup - you just haven't showered yet as you want to keep yourself just as I left you - slut
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • itboffin
    Greg T wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Greg T wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

That's not a rash....

It's ketchup - you just haven't showered yet as you want to keep yourself just as I left you - slut

Stop it you're making me blush :oops:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,091
    @ITB: Not sure if you'd check back on the classified section, so, about that Mercian frame: Morpeth this Friday evening?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • itboffin
    rjsterry wrote:
    @ITB: Not sure if you'd check back on the classified section, so, about that Mercian frame: Morpeth this Friday evening?

I see what I can do but I can't promise atm as work has a social event this Friday :wink:
  • rjsterry
    No worries. Could do another day if you prefer - quite flexible atm as Mrs RJS and the littl'un are staying with the M-in-law while we get the bathroom done.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• itboffin
    rjsterry wrote:
    No worries. Could do another day if you prefer - quite flexible atm as Mrs RJS and the littl'un are staying with the M-in-law while we get the bathroom done.

My biggest problem at the moment is i'm not riding what with the duff shoulder and all, if it would just stop raining here for 5 mins I might get a chance to see if I still can.

I'll let you know later today.
  • rjsterry
    Sorry, forgot about the shoulder. As I have the weekend fairly free (I don't think the builder would appreciate me looking over his shoulder all weekend), I could 'pop' down to Windshire if need be, or some mutually agreeable midpoint.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• itboffin
    rjsterry wrote:
    Sorry, forgot about the shoulder. As I have the weekend fairly free (I don't think the builder would appreciate me looking over his shoulder all weekend), I could 'pop' down to Windshire if need be, or some mutually agreeable midpoint.

This weekend is tricky as Friday will spill into Sat natch! :lol:

Although I might MTFU and ride the Mercian in tomorrow :? then leave it there....?

Friday will be MTB with comfy long travel front suspension and rolled up jeans natch!
  • rjsterry
    I could meet up tomorrow after work if that makes things easier.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• itboffin
    Mkay the bike is now is town PM me if you want to meet up this evening.
  • WooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!
  • MonkeyMonster
    WooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!

:lol:

now is that a Ding DONG! wooooo or the noise of the police car that is called to come and pick them up later... :D
  • rjsterry

What? Can't a chap meet a chap about a bike? It's not like it's a secret rendezvous - Greg T would never allow it.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• MonkeyMonster
    rjsterry wrote:

What? Can't a chap meet a chap about a bike? It's not like it's a secret rendezvous - Greg T would never allow it.

That would be true if one of said chaps wasn't Boffo :D
  • rjsterry
    Errr... <nervous laugh> what exactly have I got myself into here? :?
    Pinnacle Monzonite