Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I'm looking at beers tomorrow for sure...

The forecast is grim from tomorrow....... i'm there hopefully with some new completely unsuitable WHITE shoes and Castelli booties, thanks again to JG for lending me you staff discount card :wink:

:roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Are ppl meeting on Friday? I think I can make that.

I can't ride my bike though :( , the doctor said no work for me :( I think I will need a drink after going to hospital in the am, to have yet more test done! Oh the joy.
  • Is anyone going for a cheeky one on Friday? I'm gonna be in the area around 6pm-ish (sporting my nice mo!)
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    I'll be bringing my Mo along on Friday
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Rich158 wrote:
    I'll be bringing my Mo along on Friday

I really hope it's massive and beefy
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • I'm out again - first session at a new rowing club on saturday at 8am... :shock:
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    I'm out again - first session at a new rowing club on saturday at 8am... :shock:

Why have you left the first club?
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    I'm out again - first session at a new rowing club on saturday at 8am... :shock:
    :shock: Shirley you checked this before you joined... egad
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Coriander wrote:

They fired the only coach!
  • Coriander
    Coriander wrote:

What, after that sustained recruitment drive??? Bizarre.
  • Coriander
    JonGinge wrote:

That's nothing - we used to be on the river at 7.30am on both Saturdays and Sundays.

It's a large part of why I no longer row.

Bloody Tideway rowers, they're nuts. It's not a hobby but a lifestyle choice.
  • Coriander wrote:
    Coriander wrote:

I know! Mad, hey? And most of the new rowers have left... leaving 30 men, most of whom are in their late 50s or early 60s. Not great for the club's longevity...
  • JonGinge wrote:

Yeah, I did, but I don't have to go every week, and there's also a sunday 8am session. I'm rarely out both nights of the weekend...
  • Coriander
    Coriander wrote:
    Coriander wrote:

I know! Mad, hey? And most of the new rowers have left... leaving 30 men, most of whom are in their late 50s or early 60s. Not great for the club's longevity...

So where have you gone, given the problem you had finding anywhere that would deign to touch beginners?
  • jonginge
    Coriander wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

That's nothing - we used to be on the river at 7.30am on both Saturdays and Sundays.

It's a large part of why I no longer row.

Bloody Tideway rowers, they're nuts. It's not a hobby but a lifestyle choice.
    Y'see, this is why, when given a chance, I didn't join the rowing club at school. They were down at the river at 6: not funny.
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Coriander wrote:
    Coriander wrote:
    Coriander wrote:

So where have you gone, given the problem you had finding anywhere that would deign to touch beginners?

It was my weight that was the problem, with this club I didn't tell them beforehand and just showed up, clearly I don't look like I weigh about 80kg!

It's sudbury rowing club - up near me in essex, on the stour.
  • Coriander
    Coriander wrote:
    Coriander wrote:
    Coriander wrote:

It was my weight that was the problem, with this club I didn't tell them beforehand and just showed up, clearly I don't look like I weigh about 80kg!

It's sudbury rowing club - up near me in essex, on the stour.

In my experience, away from the Tideway they're friendly and welcoming people at rowing clubs. It's only the London clubs who think you shoudl be grateful they'll let you sit in one of their boats and that you shoudl relinquish your life to them. I loved rowing at Ross and at Bradford. London was miserable.
  • Coriander wrote:

In my experience, away from the Tideway they're friendly and welcoming people at rowing clubs. It's only the London clubs who think you shoudl be grateful they'll let you sit in one of their boats and that you shoudl relinquish your life to them. I loved rowing at Ross and at Bradford. London was miserable.

Excellent! It did seem to have a friendly atmosphere... fingers crossed!
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I can only stay for one on Friday. Will be there by 6pm.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin wrote:
    I'm looking at beers tomorrow for sure...

The forecast is grim from tomorrow....... i'm there hopefully with some new completely unsuitable WHITE shoes and Castelli booties, thanks again to JG for lending me you staff discount card :wink:

:roll:

Forecast grim?! - might be cloudless bliss says Metcheck...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • itboffin
    Is it on or off tonight peeps?
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Rich158
    I'm on for tommorow :lol: can't do tonight as well
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • itboffin wrote:
    Is it on or off tonight peeps?

I could slot in a couple, can't tomorrow unfort you see...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • itboffin
    Arh! still in the office :cry:
  • Rich158
    Who's up for beer tonight then? seeing as I'm making a rare trip north of the river

Revised FCN - 2
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Not me. My eldest is ill, so I'm on evening duty.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • If all my trains work I will in that area around 6pm so will pop into the mighty morpeth for a cheeky half and see whos around

off to the movemebr party at Battersea with some mates..should be interesting!
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • itboffin
    Afraid not i'm on a prisoner of the FGW timetable :cry:
  • jonginge
    Anyone fancy a beer after work tomorrow?
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • itboffin
    JonGinge wrote:
    Anyone fancy a beer after work tomorrow?

Is the Pope ...... German? :shock:

What time were you thinking? its been quite awhile since i've been, months in fact :(