Thread to tell everyone what bike gear you've just bought !

1675676677678679681»

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,595

Quality, the Road 59 was £440 new iirc, but probably more now.

I bagged a diddy 44cm gorgeous Bianchi 700c bike last year I think it was for my daughter, which had covered 30 miles, and looks like it, for about a 3rd of it's original price, guy had bought it for his wife, but she clearly had not taken to it - he sold it with the spd pedals an an upgraded saddle too - though clearly the Diva saddle is too big for her now, I have stashed it for potential future use.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 403

The 58 is now £645 they don’t seem to do a 59 these days. The 70 is showing as £720 on the site but they are not available till October. However Mrs W informs me she only paid £233 for it.

• daniel_b

£645 and £720 are pretty high imho, I can't see that many people paying that.

Perhaps it was a Road 58, my memory sucks these days.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,390

Anyone recommend a summer jersey which has fabric that isn't like fish net stockings and isn't tight?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Webboo2

Rapha classic jersey. It’s a it pricey £140 and like all modern tops you need a winter of Yoga 3 times a week to get in to the pockets.

Mine was a present from Mrs W.

• pinno

I have a long Sleeve Rapha and it's exactly that - frikkin awkward pockets. So I stuff everything in the side zipper pocket and ride in circles.

• daniel_b
    edited April 10

Kind of a cycling purchase, but likely to use it more for running and walking/hiking, as it has maps and stuff.

H Samuel have the Garmin Epix Gen 2 for £375, half the RRP, though not sure if it is the 16 or 32gb model.

I went through TCB optimistically, which might knock 2% off, BUT I found SAVE25 knocked £25 off it too.

As I like to look after my stuff, I have ordered a silicone case and some screen protectors.

https://www.hsamuel.co.uk/garmin-epix-gen-2-black-silicone-strap-smartwatch/p/V-9119900

Worst case I thought if I don't use it enough or get on with it, I can sell it on for not much loss.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • pinno

Sportful mid season pro Jersey arrived today.

Fill zip, semi thermal with collar. Seems like a well made bit of kit for the what I paid for it (£44 Saddleback sale). Hopefully pockets that can be reached with it on without having to do Yoga with @Webboo2 for 6 months.

Castelli is getting to tight in the 'regulation' sizes and very expensive.

• Webboo2

Video feedback on getting stuff out pockets would be much appreciated. As there is the other thing where when you try to take the top off, you have inch it down your arms and there’s a point when you think “ Oh fuck I’ve just created a straight jacket for myself “

• daniel_b

As boring as pedals get really, two pairs of these, one for my Allez that is on it's way to Spain, and one for my partners new gravel bike.

£33.50 a pair.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • pep.fermi
    pep.fermi Posts: 352

Just succumbed to the vice of consumerism and bought my first GPS specific cycle computer, Cycplus M1.

Seems very good, good size and look and "feeling".

Until now used my smartphone with Strava, supposedly outdoor, never fell of or ran out of battery (longest tour ca 8hr).

Now that I'm used to have a phone wile riding I doubt I will decide to ride without. So the new gadget, although superlight, will add weight rather than save it. But it's cool :)

One benefit is the larger character size. At 50 my eyesight is no longer perfect and sometime I struggled to read the small Strava numbers.

• daniel_b
    edited April 25

As I am somewhat more portly than I have been in previous years, I have decided to buy a few choice larger items to allow me to ride in comfort and look less like a shrink wrapped something or other.

From start fitness I've gone for two pairs of Scott RC shorts, both in black and yellow you'll be pleased to hear, for only £22.50 each, not top drawer by any means I am sure, but should do the trick.

A couple of Scott Gilet (these are yellow and black though) things in two sizes, for only £18 each - they have back pockets as well, and for the last couple of years I've found having that extra layer over the torso really helpful when going out early, and or when coming back late if it's a long day.

Altura icon rocket packable jacket (£31 I think) thing - this may go back, as it might not be big enough, but we'll see, I'm thinking being Altura it will be more roomy anyway, oh and a Scott running backpack thing, for around £40.

Couple of Castelli jerseys from Merlin, £30 each in two sizes, one squadra cycling vest/gilet thing for £25.

Muc off dry lube for the turbo bike, and a 90 degree valve thingy for the TT bike with the aero wheel cover fitted.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • pinno

For future proofing, I hope they are all XXL.

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,825

In my transition from born again cyclist to today I've went from XXXL to M. I've kept all the clothing as I may need it one day. 🤕 Went back to L this winter for example.

PS - Selling used shorts always seems a bit icky in any case. 😉

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pep.fermi
    pep.fermi Posts: 352

I'm 50 and the running vest I bought at age 14 fits me today as good as it always did.

• Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 612

Hahahahahahah 😁 Even the bloody chain lube is black and yellow!!!

• daniel_b
    edited April 26

Had not spotted that 🤣

That's genuinely a fluke.

*There is some green up there too!

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,622

You need black and yellow lube if you have a black and yellow chain...

• daniel_b
    edited April 26

I have both the 11 spd version above on my (Mostly black with some yellow) aero bike, and a 12 spd version on my climbing bike (Mostly yellow, some black), they are very nice chains, but I didn't pay that much for them.

In hindsight on the mostly yellow bike, I will next time go for the all black version.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,006

Is that altura packable jacket ok?

i need a reasonable jacket for when i get caught in showers . I carried a montane one around on many dry rides before losing it before it was tested, and a lidl jobbie which was ok for a couple of uses only.

I’m not paying £200 for a breathable condom that selfom gets used, no matter how good it is.

• A smartwatch BP Doctor TR12, very easy to use and can accurately track my exercise and health data.