Thread to tell everyone what bike gear you've just bought !

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,593
    J_MCD wrote:
    Bought one of these to replace my aging Castelli Boil in the Bag that I keep stashed on the bike in case of rain

https://www.evanscycles.com/endura-xtra ... t-EV341862

Wore it this morning and was pleasantly surprised, it's no Gore Shake-Dry but it kept the rain out and kept me warm. I did sweat on the inside but didn't feel uncomfortable. It's a good fit as well.

Don't have one myself, but have seen several people on here giving these good reviews:
    https://www.bikester.co.uk/endura-fs260-pro-adrenaline-race-cape-jacket-green-358136.html

Just bought this Vector 2 pod set from Sigma for £89, have two sets, and one with a semi dodgy pod, and am bound to need another one at some point, and I wonder for how long they will be available.
    Garmin-Vector-to-Vector-2-Upgrade-Kit---Standard-12-15mm.jpg
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Major finger slippage tonight resulted in
      R7020 hydro shifter
      R7000 short cage rear mech
      SLX callipers
      BH90 hoses

being ordered for the commute bike. Coming in at £351 which when Merlin are trying to sell shifters and flat mount callipers for £325 I think I've got the better deal. Tried the local shop but he could get the shifters only for £350. Some work will go his way though as I don't feel confident doing the bleeding despite watching numerous videos.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,620
    https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-aeron-equi ... gKQE_D_BwE

Been after a new long sleeved jersey so giving one of these a try in the purple colour.
  • daniel_b
    For transporting bike gear:
    sc-rainbag_1-scott.jpg
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Daniel B wrote:
    sc-rainbag_1-scott.jpg
    you're going to need a bigger (boat) bag.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    redvee wrote:
    Major finger slippage tonight resulted in
      R7020 hydro shifter
      R7000 short cage rear mech
      SLX callipers
      BH90 hoses

being ordered for the commute bike. Coming in at £351 which when Merlin are trying to sell shifters and flat mount callipers for £325 I think I've got the better deal. Tried the local shop but he could get the shifters only for £350. Some work will go his way though as I don't feel confident doing the bleeding despite watching numerous videos.
    Ordering kit online and then asking your local bike shop to help you fit it? Don't complain if, next time you try that, you find they've gone out of business...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • daniel_b
    Daniel B wrote:
    sc-rainbag_1-scott.jpg
    you're going to need a bigger (boat) bag.

LOL, only a portion of kit clearly :D
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    Daniel B wrote:
    Lake 303 boots.

Well, ordered them, will see if they actuallly fit my feet...

Wow, they aren't d1cking about are they :shock:
    671614?w=637&h=403

Nah. I've been toying with the idea of buying some winter boots for a while, and having got through, on average, 2 pairs of overshoes a year, I just thought I'd splash my £200 C2W scheme voucher on those.

Although if they don't fit, it'll be two pairs of shoes and 4 pairs of overshoes.

main reason for having a c2w voucher is to keep the 20% off cycling stuff at Halfords I get with the order - last year it saved me over £400 when buying bikes for family/friends .

The buggers didn't fit.

And the pair I tried didn't have any of the "lake" branding splurge over them, but were just plain black, which was a bit unexpected.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • A pair of Conti 4 Seasons tyres from Merlin to replace my GP5000 summer tyres after a 4 puncture group ride last Saturday (one of which was mine) . . .
    Got a place in the Pyrenees.
    Do bike and ski stuff.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    A pair of LifeLine Essential Commuter Road Tyre from Wiggle to replace the LifeLine Prime Armour Road Tyre I bought previoulsy, the reason for the change is the Armour road tyre has lost grip when braking and given the winter is approaching I'd prefer a tyre that has as much grip on the road as the pads on the disc. Good tyre apart from the grip issue.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I'd never even heard of those before, looks like great value for money
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Lifeline is a Wiggle in house brand, isn't it?

I've started using their bar tape (which is excellent) and various other bits and bobs. Wonder who makes their tyres.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • -Dash
    -Dash Posts: 179
    I can vouch for the bar tape too. Got a few batches of the lifeline professional stuff, even comes in some two tone flavours.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Asprilla wrote:
    Lifeline is a Wiggle in house brand, isn't it?

I've started using their bar tape (which is excellent) and various other bits and bobs. Wonder who makes their tyres.

i found the Chinese manufacturer, pretty generic stuff including car tyres etc. all the reviews i've read sound positive, i might buy one of the road version as a turbo tyres rather than using worn and holed old ones
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • asprilla
    Pair of used 6870 shifters off of eBay. Just need an FD now and then the Dolan gets an upgrade.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • daniel_b
    Tried a couple of these, found a 35% off code.

Looks like they will take a good few weeks.

They have a lot to prove, as our home has a double figure number of podiums already. Normal ones, one from le tour, some chill and one ice one, but was intrigued enough to take a punt.

0036213_abloc-arrive-water-bottle-leader-yellow-large_200.jpeg
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • asprilla
    Daniel B wrote:
    Tried a couple of these, found a 35% off code.

Looks like they will take a good few weeks.

They have a lot to prove, as our home has a double figure number of podiums already. Normal ones, one from le tour, some chill and one ice one, but was intrigued enough to take a punt.

0036213_abloc-arrive-water-bottle-leader-yellow-large_200.jpeg

I've got those on the good bike, but the small one. I like them on a purely aesthetic basis. I have launched one from the seat tube and lost it as a result which I've never done with a podium before but I think that was user error.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • daniel_b
    Thanks Asprilla, likewise will be for my best bike in theory, if they mesh nicely with my supacaz cages.

Have ordered 2 direct from the US, $25.80 delivered, but entirely likely will incur £10-12 of fees I expect, but should still be marginally cheaper.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,400
    A pair of Madision bib-longs from the local Scouts jumble sale 50p :)
    Seem to be barely worn and will do me happily through this winter and beyond.
  • daniel_b
    Tashman wrote:

Stunning deal, I would say put that in the bargains spotted thread :D

Abloc bottles already despatched.

I've been smitten by some Nalini kit I bought recently, 2 ss jerseys, and 1 ls jersey.
    1 each of the styles was too relaxed though, so went back, but then I spotted this fitted jacket, and have to order it to try at least. Reminded me partially of an old school baseball jacket.

292159_00_d.jpg?v9662ae9c7d6a4314749d769e42e945a539427030
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • the_rover
    the_rover Posts: 402
    Bought in the last month or so...

A Galibier gilet whilst at the cycle show, not used yet but it feels lovely!
    A wahoo roam
    Vaude cruiser frame bag, “ cruiser “ makes it sound huge, it’s not at 1.3 litres but I prefer the look over a saddle bag.
    Bright side light, emits an amber light to the side of the bike. https://brightside.bike/product/brights ... ight-sale/
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,400
    Daniel B wrote:
    Tashman wrote:

Stunning deal, I would say put that in the bargains spotted thread :D
    I would have done but I got the only one :) Also closed at 12 last Saturday haha
  • daniel_b
    The Rover wrote:
    Bright side light, emits an amber light to the side of the bike. https://brightside.bike/product/brights ... ight-sale/

Thanks Rover, have ordered one of these for my gf's commute bike - reviews seem mostly good.

If it proves itself, will order one for my commute next year.

How are you getting on with yours?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • the_rover
    Daniel B wrote:
    The Rover wrote:

Thanks Rover, have ordered one of these for my gf's commute bike - reviews seem mostly good.

If it proves itself, will order one for my commute next year.

How are you getting on with yours?

Evening, haven’t used it yet. First run out in the morning though.
    I’ll report back.

Cheers
  • daniel_b
    As the Nalini jacket is currently heading back to Germany, decided to try this 7mesh corsa jersey, £190 down to £110.
    Reviews are good.

7Mesh-Corsa-Softshell-Long-Sleeve-Jersey-Electric-Lemon.jpg
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • monda
    monda Posts: 32
    The Rover wrote:

Which of their gilets is it?
  • the_rover
    Monda wrote:
    The Rover wrote:

Which of their gilets is it?

This one, I used it over the weekend and it’s spot on.
    Comes up slightly small, I’m normally an med/large and my gilet is an XL.

Big claim to make after one ride but I’d def recommend it.

https://galibier.cc/product/gilet/
  • I've ordered the Rapha shake dry
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • daniel_b
    Daniel B wrote:
    As the Nalini jacket is currently heading back to Germany, decided to try this 7mesh corsa jersey, £190 down to £110.
    Reviews are good.

7Mesh-Corsa-Softshell-Long-Sleeve-Jersey-Electric-Lemon.jpg

This rocked up, and quality is very good, and cut is for on the bike.
    Two rear pockets are deep and generous, but sadly the colour is not as 'popping' as in the picture above, more mustardy.
    Alas the jersey sizing is to my mind generous, so the small is too big for me, even in my currently porky winter coat status, so back it goes.
    Not prepared to pay £190 for an XS, and tbf it doesn't really give me anything obviously extra over a gabba, alpha or Rapha equivalent (I forget the name) - but if you are in the market for a foul weather ls jersey, and these fit you, I would suggest they are well worth considering.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    Just received this from PBK, £120 down to £54 - Ale kit continues to be the one that fits me best, they size up small though.
    Also a more than half price pair of Ale R-EV1 bibshorts, with yellow detailing.
    11995032-1364682862918159.jpg
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18