Thread to tell everyone what bike gear you've just bought !

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,591
    dotout-mediterranea-wool-jckt-blk-ylw-18.jpg
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    The above is REALLY nice and is a keeper - feels a bit alpha based.

Couple of bits from the CRC clearance and used the £10 off code to get this for £42
    mens-thermoactive-long-sleeve-jersey-blaze-serig_2000x.jpg?v=1556122366
    And these @ £11 for a pair.
    prod150900_Black_NE_01?wid=728&hei=498
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    :lol: all set for the summer then :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • daniel_b
    What summer?

These are for commuting next year.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Another new road frameset for Junior, to replace the one I bought her a year ago when she outgrew the one I bought her 18 months before that. Fortunately I built the first of those with a mind to transferring all the components from one bike to the next, so it should be a relatively painless upgrade.

Still means there are 3 bikes in the build queue though...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • itboffin
    Daniel B wrote:
    What summer?

Longest day on Friday as well :cry:

Time to grab some bargain studded tyres
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Fitted the old chaincatcher to the R7000 front mech and found it hits the cage so went with a Deda Fang thing off Ebay. All the tarty alloy ones look like they'll do the same and fould the cage, ideally you need a much straighter chaincatcher.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • daniel_b
    itboffin wrote:
    Daniel B wrote:
    What summer?

Longest day on Friday as well :cry:

Time to grab some bargain studded tyres

Yep, pretty shyte by all accounts - the longest day being here tomorrow even more so.
    Sigh.

I still have some unused studded tyres in the garage bought from PX a wee while ago now.
    Schwalbe something or others I think.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    Picked up one of these from Ekoi https://www.ekoi.com/en/road-cycling-helmets/6844-casque-ekoi-ar13-blanc-noir-brillant.html
    They have some weird pricing as now showing £53 but I only paid £44
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • daniel_b
    edited June 2019
    Thanks to itsrob, some half price 'one more lap' bibs from chpt3 - with the heavenly progetto X2 pad:

EDIT: Despatched at 15:08 today!

bibtight-front_x2000.png?v=1550858779
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Same as Dan B. Needed some new bibs, so that was good timing.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    After yesterday's gravel ride, one of these Timber bells to warn the other trail users of my approach:
    Timber-Bolt-On-New-min-720x.jpg
    ...plus this for my sweaty bonce. The sweat channels definately work to help stop sweat dripping onto your glasses or eyes:
    Black-Halo-Cycling-Cap.jpg
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • poptart242
    poptart242 Posts: 531
    450260_3852368.jpg

Because I'm a sucker for tan walls and free caps
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Poptart242 wrote:
    450260_3852368.jpg

Linky?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • asprilla
    edited June 2019
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • asprilla
    Poptart242 wrote:
    450260_3852368.jpg

I got excited for a moment there, but they ain't tubeless.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    Hunt 4 season aero wheelset to replace my knackered Fulcrums.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,400
    A Schwalbe Lugano 700x23 to get me home yesterday, followed by a pair of Conti Grand Prix 700x25 and some Park Tool tyre levers once I got home.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,846
    gabriel959 wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Bought the following from Rose Bikes (they have a sale atm plus you can get a £10 voucher for new accounts):

Time Xpro - to replace the Xpresso's which I love.
    R7000 11-32 Cassette
    KMC 11 EL Chain
    Shimano disc brake pads
    Some energy gums and protein
    Some disc brake cleaner

Everything was cheaper than any shops in the UK.

Their Time Xpro 10 pedals price is good at £90 before using that £10 new customer voucher! :shock:

Nearly bought some of these from Merlin a few months ago when they had them for ~£90, but it would mean also buying a pair of 3-bolt shoes, after a first world dilemma of how much to spend on shoes. This offer has given me something to chew over while riding this afternoon.

I much prefer the float and the stability I've had with the xpresso's compared to my Shimano 2 bolt SPDs but they are not as convenient, so for commuting around town etc I would stick to SPDs. For longer cycles where you only need to clip in and out a handful of times these are miles better. Reason for change is that the pedals no longer turn the right side anymore (well they are 6 years old so fair enough) and I needed new cleats and was going to buy some Xpresso 4s for £40 but I see that these Xpro's have a new type of cleat which is more durable. They are considerably more expensive but hey you are not meant to downgrade :D

How are you finding the Xpro 10s?

After using the same pair of metal ATAC cleats with my ATAC Carbon XS pedals from 2006, I'm shocked at how badly roughed up these plastic cleats are after ~4 weeks or so. Not to mention, the float on the supplied cleats feels far less than the ATAC cleats, my middle aged bow-legged knees have been giving me far more grief (possibly a tiny bit less with reversed cleats with slightly greater q-factor).

Maybe I simply need to further tweak the cleat positioning. But I do recall my Shimano SPD cleats with very little float from ~1998 giving my knees hell, even on short ~15 mile rides.

It's still relatively early days, but I'm already wondering if I should have simply bought some carbon soled 2-bolt shoes to replace my old Shimano SH-M121Gs, which are now used for commuting on the Voodoo with the old ATACs.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150
    Yet another one more lap 1.12 bibs from Chp3. Delivered yesterday, and used today on a 30mi ride to combat a migraine. Seem good, lovely pad, and a very peculiar lycra finish. The straps don't seem quite as good though.

BTW, thanks to all who advised on sizing in the bargains thread. I got them in size 34, and were OK. No farking chance those are equivalent to Castelli XXL (I am between L & XL, and my waist is 33"). I put these size-by-side with DHB aeron bibshorst in L, and the Chp3 are substantially slimmer.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    The Rapha Etape bundle. I love the PT jersey and the design appeals, though I normally baulk at wearing a jersey of something I have not done.

And, those Core shorts, wow, much better than I thought they'd be. In fact, the pick of the Rapha shorts for me.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,437
    The Rapha Etape bundle. I love the PT jersey and the design appeals, though I normally baulk at wearing a jersey of something I have not done.

And, those Core shorts, wow, much better than I thought they'd be. In fact, the pick of the Rapha shorts for me.

Do you mean the core shorts generally or is there something different with Etape ones? I've been through an array of shorts and can't find anything I'm really happy with or match my old Assos S5 milles...
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684

Do you mean the core shorts generally or is there something different with Etape ones? I've been through an array of shorts and can't find anything I'm really happy with or match my old Assos S5 milles...

These have a contrast band but I think they are the same. They aren't quite as good as the S5 or S7 but then they are that much cheaper. And in the Etape bundle the equivalent of about £70-£75.

They are very good IMO.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,437
    Thanks BTR. Weirdly went out for pedal after last message and when I came back email from assos and they have old Mille S5 long legs in stock...
  • itboffin
    Be warned the core bib shorts wear thin really quickly in my experience
  • itboffin
    Roadlink because I want to be able to ride a dinner plate gear when/if the time comes that I decide to ride in the mountains again, IF
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Two GP4000s 28 c for the Roubaix. Bargain price of £53 from Halfords.
  • daniel_b
    For the commute again, Tredz had 1 pair of nanoflex+ leg warmers in small only, reduced from £58 to only £12!
    Had activated the £3 tcb bonus, so should in theory end up around £8.50 :D
    Boom.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    Another super tourist dx pannier rack, non disc version this time, from halfords, 24 less 20% cycle to work discount.
    Turns out when I wiped out on the btwin last year I put a lovely large dent into the support Arms, and it's slowly been bending under strain on the oh's bike.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...