Thread to tell everyone what bike gear you've just bought !

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    i've bought so much stuff in the last 2 weeks i actually cant remember everything, all little consumables but the most stand out expensive for what it is are cotton boxer shorts, essential for short rides without padded lycra, jebus i couldnt find any decent brands for <£10 a pair.

A week in cornwall riding my MTB off road in swimming shorts was very painful
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    hopkinb wrote:
    Autumn stuff. Perfetto light ss jersey. Omloop shorts. LW bib tights. Knee warmers. All at considerable discount to RRP as its "AW18" stock.

Dare I ask where?

Merlin. Tredz.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Autumn stuff. Perfetto light ss jersey. Omloop shorts. LW bib tights. Knee warmers. All at considerable discount to RRP as its "AW18" stock.

Dare I ask where?

Merlin. Tredz.

None of it is exactly "cheap". Just cheaper. My current autumn/winter stuff has 5+ heavy years use in it. It's time for a change...
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,592
    be interested to hear what you make of the Omloops - I think they are superb (The ever faithful Progetto X2), though as a review correctly stated, comfort\compatibility is mainly down to the length of your thigh, and where the hem sits in relation to the knee.

I got lucky, as did the reviewer iirc.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • hopkinb
    The omloops arrived today, they seem perfect for autumn, most of winter and spring. Let's see how they feel on the bike. The LW bibtights also seem very good. Basically Omloops with a thin water resistant calf covering. Bring on the cooler weather.
    Castelli gear feels much more "premium" than it used to. Hopefully that doesn't mean it's flimsy. I'm just retiring castelli kit I bought 6 years ago.
  • drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150
    Cycle 2 work voucher approved for Campag Zonda C17 plus Castelli estremo gloves.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Bagged a pair of Endura Humvee II for €40 from Biking Point and two pairs of 11 speed quick links from Decathlon for €14 when in Barcelona last week. the shorts hsould have been more but the 20% discount label was over ruled by the manager and turned into 30% discount.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    edited September 2019
    Was at Bicester yesterday and bagged a pink classic Jersey for £55 in the sale at Rapha.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Garmin Edge 530 from Evans, with 8% off with instant vouchers through work. Now to apply for the £50 loaded card. Seemed a cinch to set up, but choosing and sorting the data screens is proving to be a bit of a pain.

Sounds like might have been able to get them to price match Winstanley Bikes as another thread says they're doing them at 11% off but on pre-order. Never mind.
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • This :D

Vk2Qb9.jpg
    "Great minds think a bike"
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    dhb Aeron Roubaix Bib Shorts
    Castelli Perfetto LS Jersey
    Continental GP 4 Season 28c Tyres - Pair
    dhb Merino Long Sleeve Base Layer

Winter is coming...
  • I’ve been considering another gilet but have held off as I was going to the cycle show at the NEC.
    I’d remembered Galibier from going last year and was impressed with some of their kit.
    So, picked one up at the show yesterday, first impressions are great and I got a few quid knocked off as well.

https://galibier.cc/product/gilet/
  • I bought some gore Tex gloves for 12 notes
    And spent 150 on red tannus airless tyres - would love to know how to post images !!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    must not use cycle to work scheme to by SRAM etap AXS must resist

resist !!!!!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • daniel_b
    itboffin wrote:

resist !!!!!

40% off!

:twisted:
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Cinelli gel cork bar tape, black.
  • drhaggis
    Daniel B wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

resist !!!!!

40% off!

:twisted:

In nice, convenient, 0% APR, monthly payments... Because you're worth it
  • luv2ride
    30730-delta-bike-hitch-thru-axle-mount.jpg
    12mm through axle fork mount, £20 odd from Merlin Cycles. Found I can carry a road bike upright sans front wheel in the boot of the new car, so bought this to fabricate a homemade fork mount carrier to sit on the back of the folded down rear seat. Already have a Saris mount for 9mm QR but, as I have bikes with both standards, figured I'd try and put something together that allows the choice to use either, depending on the bike I'm carrying......shame I can't bolt the mounts directly to the back of the seat :roll:
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Luv2ride wrote:
    12mm through axle fork mount, £20 odd from Merlin Cycles. Found I can carry a road bike upright sans front wheel in the boot of the new car, so bought this to fabricate a homemade fork mount carrier to sit on the back of the folded down rear seat. Already have a Saris mount for 9mm QR but, as I have bikes with both standards, figured I'd try and put something together that allows the choice to use either, depending on the bike I'm carrying......shame I can't bolt the mounts directly to the back of the seat :roll:
    You just need one of these -
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lixada-12mm- ... 2422284605

Then you can use it with your QR bikes too.
  • luv2ride
    TimothyW wrote:
    Luv2ride wrote:
    You just need one of these -
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lixada-12mm- ... 2422284605

Then you can use it with your QR bikes too.

Interesting. Now to decide how best to (temporarily) fix the mount to the rear of the seat. I had previously used a square piece of wood with a bracket which hooked under the recessed iso-fix bar on the back of the seat, with a wingnut to cinch it up snug. Might do the same this time but with a thinner pics of wood and some straps
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Another cycling cap relating to some races up in Yorkshire

https://retail.yorkshiredales.org.uk/co ... nbow-y-mug
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Finally bought a Wahoo Tickr heart rate monitor to use with Strava on IOS only to find out that Strava stopped supporting Bluetooth heart rate monitors at the end of August . . . grrrr . . .
    Got a place in the Pyrenees.
    Do bike and ski stuff.
  • drhaggis
    A vitus 24 for Haggis Jr. Didn't quite find a Frog/Islabike of his size in my area in the right conditions or the right price except one that sold almost immediately, and am in a hurry, since we now cycle to school and his Frog 55 is definitely too small (he's not turned eight yet!)
  • Lake 303 boots.

Well, ordered them, will see if they actuallly fit my feet...
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • daniel_b
    Lake 303 boots.

Wow, they aren't d1cking about are they :shock:
    671614?w=637&h=403
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Daniel B wrote:
    Lake 303 boots.

Wow, they aren't d1cking about are they :shock:
    671614?w=637&h=403

Nah. I've been toying with the idea of buying some winter boots for a while, and having got through, on average, 2 pairs of overshoes a year, I just thought I'd splash my £200 C2W scheme voucher on those.

Although if they don't fit, it'll be two pairs of shoes and 4 pairs of overshoes.

main reason for having a c2w voucher is to keep the 20% off cycling stuff at Halfords I get with the order - last year it saved me over £400 when buying bikes for family/friends .
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • daniel_b
    Ordered a few items from PBK recently, using some of the codes they have floating about.

Ale PRS bibshorts - initial impressions are very good, fit is fantastic, pad a little thinner than I usually prefer, so will be intrigued to see how they shape up.

For a laugh, I ordered a Le Coq Sportif jersey in small - it's not small though, deffo a medium, and they have no XS, quality was ok, but nout special imho.

A Nalini jersey caught my eye - have never had one of their jerseys, think I had some bib tights in the dim distant past, so was tempted, but not hoping for much.
    This is the one I ordered:
    https://www.probikekit.co.uk/sports-tops/nalini-naranco-short-sleeve-jersey/12037456.html?variation=12037457
    12037458-6664649962167288.jpg

This in small is a proper small, lovely and fitted and with those 'pre formed' arms that means it is set in the right position for when you are on the bike.

As I was so impressed, I have gone back and ordered one each of these - both half price, plus £12 off the order, so 10% basically.
    https://www.probikekit.co.uk/sports-tops/nalini-mortirolo-short-sleeve-jersey/12037445.html?variation=12037451
    12037451-3204649961073794.jpg
    Review of the Mortirolo jersey here at it's original £155 RRP :shock:
    https://road.cc/content/review/248542-nalini-ahs-mortirolo-jersey

I'm intrigued to see what the 'Inside pocket' is about.

https://www.probikekit.co.uk/sports-tops/nalini-velocita-short-sleeve-jersey/12037558.html?variation=12037564
    12037564-1384649973126030.jpg

If you are after a new jersey, I highly recommend you check them out - they have a load of other designs also at 50% off I think across the board.

Ale are definitely my favourite jersey make, but if these other 2 are as good or better than the first one, Nalini will be running them close.

Specifically I love the fact the pockets across the rear are higher on the left, as I tend to use those for pump/phone anyway, so do not need access, and keep food etc in the right hand pockets.
    Perhaps not as useful if you are left handed :lol:
    12037564-2034649973165066.jpg
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Even when I used to ride my bike literally every single day I struggled to get through (wear out or cycle through the laundry) the amount of kit you buy in 1 year, let alone own.
  • daniel_b
    Even when I used to ride my bike literally every single day I struggled to get through (wear out or cycle through the laundry) the amount of kit you buy in 1 year, let alone own.

We're all different aren't we :D

I tend to get bored of some kit fairly quickly, and sell it on, probably sold around 30+ items (Mostly due to weight loss though) in the summertime, and have some winter gear to shift on in the coming months.

I heartily agree though, no way with the quality of this kit it will ever wear out in real terms (I wash all my best kit inside out with halo sports wash at 30c, comes out like new), and whilst I can wear my regular clothes for years and years, I like to have a bit of 'new kit' to provide additional motivation for my cycling activities :lol:

Fortunately cycling is my only real vice.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • j_mcd
    j_mcd Posts: 473
    Bought one of these to replace my aging Castelli Boil in the Bag that I keep stashed on the bike in case of rain

https://www.evanscycles.com/endura-xtra ... t-EV341862

Wore it this morning and was pleasantly surprised, it's no Gore Shake-Dry but it kept the rain out and kept me warm. I did sweat on the inside but didn't feel uncomfortable. It's a good fit as well.
    Giant Defy Advanced 0 - Best
    Planet X London Road - Wet
    Montague Fit - Foldy thing that rarely gets used these days