Silly commuting racing

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    biondino wrote:
    6pm, Morpeth Arms. Sorted. (I won't be there till a little bit later - can you put some kind of cycling paraphenalia on the table so I know who you are?)

Just look for the circling flies.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp
    Littigator wrote:
    PS...I just noticed we've passed the 100,000 views mark on this thread...I think that deserves a mention don't you?

Most of them were me.

I was awesome this morning. Beat my best time, beat my best average and kicked one ars* along the way. The Game makes you better and fitter. Its great.

Anyway, this thread will no doubt turn into a 'what time for beers' later. I expect 5 pages of arrangements.

:lol::lol::lol:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Litts!

Congratulations in finally flipping your hub and cycling like a real man! Like me.... ummmmmmm... yeah.

So how are you finding it? Maybe I will take this conversation to the SS thread...

Morpeth arms, 1800. I'll probably be there a touch earlier, and in bike gear this time!
  • cjcp
    Litts!

Congratulations in finally flipping your hub and cycling like a real man! Like me.... ummmmmmm... yeah.

So how are you finding it? Maybe I will take this conversation to the SS thread...
    Morpeth arms, 1800. I'll probably be there a touch earlier, and in bike gear this time!

Yes, I think that would be best. :wink::)

I'll be there at 6pm. Can only stop for one.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Littigator
    Littigator Posts: 1,262
    Here's a thought, although I am normally smooth of leg (like a LAYdee), I have for the last two weeks not been a*sed to wrench the buggas out by their roots and so am now sporting a half inch growth all over.

(Yes, you can all have a laugh at me later in le pub)

Does this mean I can now drop by FCN on each bike by another 1 (if so this brings my fixie score down to 6.....aaaaaaaaahhhh ha ha haaa haaaaaaa...now that would make most targets available on my daily ride and bring my each way score into solid double figures :twisted:
    Roadie FCN: 3

Fixed FCN: 6
  • cjcp
    Littigator wrote:
    Here's a thought, although I am normally smooth of leg (like a LAYdee), I have for the last two weeks not been a*sed to wrench the buggas out by their roots and so am now sporting a half inch growth all over.

Does this mean I can now drop by FCN on each bike by another 1 (if so this brings my fixie score down to 6.....aaaaaaaaahhhh ha ha haaa haaaaaaa...now that would make most targets available on my daily ride and bring my each way score into solid double figures :twisted:

You must look a bit feral?

Just cheating yourself. :wink: You stay where you are in the FC.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    cjcp wrote:
    Littigator wrote:

You must look a bit feral?

Just cheating yourself. :wink: You stay where you are in the FC.

it's about what you ride and how you look to others...

Litt you shaved your legs you have the bear the brunt of being a base of 2 until you grow it back
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    biondino wrote:
    6pm, Morpeth Arms. Sorted. (I won't be there till a little bit later - can you put some kind of cycling paraphenalia on the table so I know who you are?)

You'll spot us we'll be the ones wearing necklaces made from testicles and scalps :twisted: - too far?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I'll be wearing this:

51850-shrunken_head_necklace_sized.jpg
  • Picked up a gigantic puncture this morning. Dead flat in seconds. You can feed coins in through the bl**dy slot in the tyre now.

@rse.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • cjcp
    Biondino - as you already have a beard, you'll look like than chap who presents "Amazon" and dances in the jungle with chimps.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Littigator
    itboffin wrote:
    biondino wrote:

You'll spot us we'll be the ones wearing necklaces made from testicles and scalps :twisted: - too far?

Yes you'll spot ITB with his (ahem) accoutrements sitting in a corner on his own crying into a pint of guinness...

We however, shall be laughing happily and chatting amiably at the other end of the pub!

Talking of guinness, check this out (caution advised if at work)

http://www.holymoly.co.uk/news/news/wil ... -4104.html

• cjcp
    Greg66 wrote:
    Picked up a gigantic puncture this morning. Dead flat in seconds. You can feed coins in through the bl**dy slot in the tyre now.

@rse.

You'll now have to go to Condor at lunchtime. Oh dear, what a pity, never mind. :D

Read something about a Cervelo tyre recall this morning though. :wink:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Last time it was pretty damn obvious which group of people were the cyclists... never seen so much lycra on a group of grown men... :D
  • Clever Pun
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • cjcp wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    Picked up a gigantic puncture this morning. Dead flat in seconds. You can feed coins in through the bl**dy slot in the tyre now.

@rse.

You'll now have to go to Condor at lunchtime. Oh dear, what a pity, never mind. :D

Read something about a Cervelo tyre recall this morning though. :wink:

Ha bleedin' ha!

I've got an inch of the old tube stuffed in there as a liner. Might risk the ride home and sort it there. I've got to get through my stockpile of Pro2Races so I can migrate to the Pro3s. Although it's a Pro3, that I had to buy one lunch at Condor, which is now the vending machine.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Littigator
    Last time it was pretty damn obvious which group of people were the cyclists... never seen so much lycra on a group of grown men... :D

or so little in the case of Greg T's shorts (ahem)

Speaking of whihc seeing as he has gone off radar for the whole week I think we can assume that miniGreg T has made an appearance.

A good excuse for a pint I reckon...not that I need one. Speaking of which is it lunchtime yet?

• Lunchtime? It's nearly home time! Beer o'clock?

I'm drafting this lease then I'm calling it a day. Might go home and put the pannier rack on the bowery before drinks...
  • cjcp
    Littigator wrote:
    Last time it was pretty damn obvious which group of people were the cyclists... never seen so much lycra on a group of grown men... :D

A good excuse for a pint I reckon...not that I need one. Speaking of which is it lunchtime yet?

Typical West Enders. No discipline.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun wrote:

Bah! My work have blocked it...

Although sharing a beer with another man is just plain wrong
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • biondino
    My Wiggle order arrived today - my first bib tights! How exciting and possibly homoerotic! Shall I wear them tonight?

Also, some mediumweight gloves; headband (for both summer and winter use - when you're bald the sweat just collects in your helmet and runs down your face, nice); base layer; overshoes; rimtape for new wheels, and tools for cassette changeage. £125 all in. Not too bad?
  • I need a headband - sweaty head is not limited to bald people. You should see my trying to hold my head upright whilst locking my bike to a lamppost...

Why the gloves people? Why do you need them when it's not freezing?
  • biondino
    You may have noticed quite a lot of that order is to prepare for winter... Also, you totally do need gloves even when it's not freezing! Below about 10 degrees my hands get uncomfortably cold (and I have very good circulation) and much colder than that my fingerless gloves - which I wear everyday for better grip and protection in the event of a spill - don't do enough of a job.

You're some kind of bike fascist, LiT - no helmet, no gloves, no gears. You'd probably ride naked if you could.
  • biondino
    Right, off to my trendy meeja club to eat a lot and drink beer to expand my stomach/get in practice for this evening...
  • Are those Guinness coffee tables available anywhere?

I want one.
  • cjcp
    I need a headband - sweaty head is not limited to bald people. You should see my trying to hold my head upright whilst locking my bike to a lamppost...

LIT - the wind chill increases when you're travelling quickly, which you're clearly not doing. :wink::)
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp
    biondino wrote:
    My Wiggle order arrived today - my first bib tights! How exciting and possibly homoerotic! Shall I wear them tonight?

Also, some mediumweight gloves; headband (for both summer and winter use - when you're bald the sweat just collects in your helmet and runs down your face, nice); base layer; overshoes; rimtape for new wheels, and tools for cassette changeage. £125 all in. Not too bad?

I'm just about to pop into Evans actually to see if they've got any caps. Mine is absolutely bumping after a week of soaking up the sweat.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp wrote:
    I need a headband - sweaty head is not limited to bald people. You should see my trying to hold my head upright whilst locking my bike to a lamppost...

LIT - the wind chill increases when you're travelling quickly, which you're clearly not doing. :wink::)

Actually I'm just hardcore.... :D

I don't really feel the cold above my ankles... I have a protective layer of fat, you see, like a whale or a sea-lion.

No, not on my hands. But they don't really get cold unless it's sub about 5 degrees. My feet on the other hand (guffaw), are very susceptible.
  • GOOD NEWS!!! Well sort of....

Just had a call from the LBS MY BIKE IS READY FOR COLLECTION :lol::lol::lol:

Only 2 problems are that I'm in London now until late this evening so can't collect it for drinks this evening (unless I wing it back to home, get changed, get to LBS and ride in - a push to do in a hour...)
    The other sore point is the costs - £125! Not to bad considering I've had a new BB, cassette, brake cables, chain and 2 new spokes on the rear wheel - plus the service which made up £50 of that.

Guess I'll be going out bright n early tomorrow to collect it and then home the long way :-)
    Roll on Monday when I can (to quote 300) unleash hell on the way to work :twisted:
    Haven't got hold of the wife yet so this is all assuming she doesn't kill me in the mean time....just glad I finally got the compensation from my accident 2 years ago, makes paying a bit easier.
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5