Silly commuting racing

Comments

• gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    biondino wrote:
    AAARGH SHUT UP ABOUT THE SEX

Sex.....no sex please, we are British...
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Biondino wrote:

Why, is it simply not British? Everyone does it or so I've been led to believe... If they don't well they should. Like garlic bread its the future, trust me!

Lawyers and Barristers are freaks. All work and no play makes for means to an end values... There I've said it. Looks at Greg66 and Littagator....

Ok I'll stop.

Did you know that Geoff Johns will stop writing JSA after issue 26. I'm devestated. So devastated I couldn't even ride my bike. :cry:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    cjcp wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    Defo cover the knees. I shake my head in wide-eyed disbelief that anyone would cycle with bare knees in the current temperatures. I get to shake my head quite a lot on my commute* ;)

Just wondering, do you mean for comfort or for health of the knees?
    I tend to avoid it over winter except on extreme days. I take a bit longer to warm up & get to full speed but it seems manageable. You've got me worried now, is there a heightened risk of injury?

For me, it's both. It might be old wives' stuff, but if everything's warm, it's not cold, so the cold can't spread into the muscles etc etc. And if I'm warm, I'm comfortable and my attention isn't distracted.

Like Jon, I'm amazed people cycle in shorts in this weather. But I am a wuss. Long sleeves go on in September unless it's balmy.
    Ditto. Comfort AND health. There's not a lot of blood supply to the tendons around the knee. It may be an old wive's tale but I've only got one pair of knee so I'm not going to risk it.
    Slighty unrelated but kinda relavant, my knees can feel uncomfortable after a heavy block of training as tendons take longer than muscle to adapt to increased training load...

Arm and legwarmers were on in September for the commute
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    Since i re-set my saddle after discovering it's been set too low for a few weeks, I've got my scalping legs back- I thought it was just the cold mornings slowing me down. Feels good now though. Overtook 3 this morning.

That was before stopping to do my good deed of the day. Stopped to help a woman who'd fallen over on the pavement having what appeared to be an epileptic fit. Not nice :shock:
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    Happy? My secret's out...
    redvee wrote:
    The truckers cap is more appealing to Don_Don than the beanie hence the change :lol:

I like the braces, but not so much into the big bushy beard thing. Too tickly....

I'm left wondering how my love poems would have read, had I known the painful truth. Oh well, ce la vie :?
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    biondino wrote:

Oh dear, are there issues in the Biondino boudoir?
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    I was lovely and warm this morning on my commute from Twickers to Southampton.

I did get a cold finger when I pressed the heated windscreen button, and I was a bit chilly while I waited for the ice to melt, but as soon the car heated up I was lovely and toasty. :D

What??? :wink:
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • snooks
    biondino wrote:

I do wonder why DDD is sharing when he gets his oats?

Is it the same reason that come January everyone on Facebook will be posting when the go to the gym :wink:
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    snooks wrote:
    biondino wrote:

Is it the same reason that come January everyone on Facebook will be posting when the go to the gym :wink:

What's a gym?
  • snooks

What's a gym?

It's like commuting but you don't get anywhere, there's no one to scalp, and it costs you money.

The only reason peeps go, is to get sweaty with the opposite sex :shock:
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    snooks wrote:

What's a gym?

It's like commuting but you don't get anywhere, there's no one to scalp, and it costs you money.

I went to the gym today for a circuits class where I was shouted at by a massive guy using kebab shop English and was trying not to be sick for 45 minutes.

yes, I pay for this...

The christmas party last night was very boozy I'm pretty glad I didn't die on the way home
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Its amazing how fast this thread moves, I seem to only get time to post in the morning and evening when I get some time, and the topic seems to have gone from my cold knees to 'punctureboy' some kind of comicbook superhero who hands out inertubes and "Advice" to the opposte sex, to now who doesn't like a bit of sextytime....hahahha great stuff

I do own some rather fetching longer lycra type trousers I dont realy know what to refer to them as as 'tights' and leggins' sound very girly..and i'm a man...ggrrrrr. Anyhow I only own one pair and I forgot to wash them last nigh so shorts it was today...on quite possible the coldest day of the week...brilliant!
    :D:D:D
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Clever Pun wrote:
    snooks wrote:

What's a gym?

I went to the gym today for a circuits class where I was shouted at by a massive guy using kebab shop English and was trying not to be sick for 45 minutes.

yes, I pay for this...

The christmas party last night was very boozy I'm pretty glad I didn't die on the way home

Why not just go to the kebab shop and have them shout at you for 4-5mins whilst they prepare you cat meat meal, don't forget the chilli sauce.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • snooks
    itboffin wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    snooks wrote:

What's a gym?

yes, I pay for this...

Why not just go to the kebab shop and have them shout at you for 4-5mins whilst they prepare you cat meat meal, don't forget the chilli sauce.

If CP did that, he'd be trying not to be sick for a lot longer than 45 mins!!!! :? :D
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    biondino wrote:

Is it an issue that I don't feel the need to talk about it?

Perhaps DDD should take a second to think about whether the people he most wants to impress on the board find this kind of thing impressive. I have an inkling I know the answer to that.
  • DonDaddyD
    snooks wrote:
    biondino wrote:

Who said I got any oats?

You've seen me, do I look like I've used a gym, ever :shock:
    (Oats, damn, thats funny, oats)
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • itboffin
    biondino wrote:
    biondino wrote:

Perhaps DDD should take a second to think about whether the people he most wants to impress on the board find this kind of thing impressive. I have an inkling I know the answer to that.

:roll:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • DonDaddyD
    edited December 2008
    biondino wrote:
    biondino wrote:

Oh wow, someone is feeling precious today aren't they. What's up Biondino, touched a nerve have I?

Really, me wanting to impress people. How old do you think I am, 12? I mean, honestly... I am who I am and that's all that I am. Don't like what I write, my thoughts or opinions that's your problem not mine. You don't have to read my posts, that's your choice and I'm ok with that. But I'm not going to stop being me or typing and mentioning things simply because you don't approve.

But in any case. Sex happens, people talk about it and some even commute to increase there stamina and physical health simply to better improve their sexual prowess....

And if your wondering, yes it does!
    Food Chain number = 4

• itboffin
    Okkaaayyy! then moving on...

Not really! I used to have the S word then I got married and had children.

Oh and I commute sometimes as well. Just for you spen666 :)
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Don't like what I write, my thoughts or opinions that's your problem not mine.

You seem quick enough to mention when you have a problem with other people's posts!

No nerves touches, I assure you. I just think it's distasteful and unnecessary and it makes the board less readable. I guess you could start a sex-specific thread which is easy to read or avoid as per one's choice?.
  • JonGinge wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    Ditto. Comfort AND health. There's not a lot of blood supply to the tendons around the knee. It may be an old wive's tale but I've only got one pair of knee so I'm not going to risk it.
    Slighty unrelated but kinda relavant, my knees can feel uncomfortable after a heavy block of training as tendons take longer than muscle to adapt to increased training load...

OK, good point.. thanks for the advice. I'll start out with just some knee covers i think, otherwise I just get too hot once warmed up, which is why I don't like the full length tights so much.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    snooks wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    snooks wrote:

What's a gym?

yes, I pay for this...

If CP did that, he'd be trying not to be sick for a lot longer than 45 mins!!!! :? :D

and get fatter
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • snooks

OK, good point.. thanks for the advice. I'll start out with just some knee covers i think, otherwise I just get too hot once warmed up, which is why I don't like the full length tights so much.

Are we STILL talking about sex???

Move on.......Pleeeze :D

:wink:
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • itboffin
    Clever Pun wrote:
    snooks wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    snooks wrote:

What's a gym?

yes, I pay for this...

and get fatter

erm Yes, it's winter MAN you need to bulk up, extra layers of fat for energy reserves.

NO ONE try and tell me otherwise, i'm not listening, lah de dah, dum dee dee
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    Wow I have missed a lot of hot air on this today :wink:

I'll tell what I've done today (whislt taking a day off from commuting on my bicycle to work, Spen :D )

I went to the Meon Valley in search of the highest bit of Hampshire (answers on a postcard if you like) and rode up to it. VERY slowly (didn't realise my speedo went that slow)

A 15 mile ride accompanied by a map.

Imagine my surprise when the trip distance was 19.8 miles, and I kept coming up to junctions that weren't on the map...

I need either a) a new functioning brain with a sense of direction or b) a very nice person to come on ALL my rides with me who is in possession of (a) or c) a garmin edge thingummy

Needless to say and sorry for interrupting this "oh so relevant" thread - no scalps. In fact, no anything
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • itboffin
    linsen wrote:
    Wow I have missed a lot of hot air on this today :wink:

I'll tell what I've done today (whislt taking a day off from commuting on my bicycle to work, Spen :D )

I went to the Meon Valley in search of the highest bit of Hampshire (answers on a postcard if you like) and rode up to it. VERY slowly (didn't realise my speedo went that slow)

A 15 mile ride accompanied by a map.

Imagine my surprise when the trip distance was 19.8 miles, and I kept coming up to junctions that weren't on the map...

I need either a) a new functioning brain with a sense of direction or b) a very nice person to come on ALL my rides with me who is in possession of (a) or c) a garmin edge thingummy

Needless to say and sorry for interrupting this "oh so relevant" thread - no scalps. In fact, no anything

mmm interesting indeed, I recently also noticed a similar lack of map detail whilst out and about in Berkshire, is it some conspiracy to hide these tiny hamlets from the general public or are the surveyors being lazy.

BTW go you for taking a real map, my home printed versions we're useless and as a MAN the "code" strictly forbids asking for directions.
  • I'm going home now. It says it is -2 on metcheck. It won't really be -2 in central Londonton will it? I'm afeard of ice, you see. :shock:
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    JonGinge wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

No worries.
    On the overheating issue it's a bit horses for courses. If kneewarmers are adequate for you than that's great, less kit to worry about. :) I started with legwarmers in sept and migrated to full roubaix tights last week.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    ah well no I didn't take a real map - I took one printed off the interweb, as it is on four corners of "real" maps. That was part of the problem - that and missing forks in the road whilst flying down hills at 35mph!
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • snooks
    linsen wrote:
    Highest bit of Hampshire (answers on a postcard if you like)

Isn't Four Marks the highest bit of Hampshire?
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs