Silly commuting racing

Comments

• snooks wrote:

No, because, you see, that is actually me! I didn't get me off a free avatar site...

That doesn't look any think like you Dave, I dunno what you're going on about!! :wink:

Yeah, c'mon, Dave, put it back to how it used to be. You're just making dudes think that you're, y'know, like really weird...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    G66 those avatar are not animated you're just tripping , it's okay eventually you'll get used to it. sssshhh ahhhhh! quiet now, sleep my pretty.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    Happy? My secret's out...

David, You look fly, Better than that pretend girly.

Ermmmmmm, Actually that reflects on my sexuality........ermmmmmm

Need sleep now, Greg, Can I borrow some of your medication please (and a nurse)
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    The truckers cap is more appealing to Don_Don than the beanie hence the change :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    Happy? My secret's out...

Sorry mate, it was a good laugh while it lasted. You even got love poems, so you were obviously convincing as a girly, the mo and beard are coming on well BTW...But Movember finished last month so you can have a shave now

Are those braces new? Lookin' gud big fella :wink:
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Yep, as I thought: not a sausage tonight. Saw one roadie, but he was going the other way through Sheen. No use to me, that.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp
    My average speed is down to below 15mph with this weather. Longer on the bike at least. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:
    My average speed is down to below 15mph with this weather. Longer on the bike at least. :)

At that time of the morning i'm not surprised, now sssssh some of us are trying to sleep.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • It certainly was a bit nippy today, especially on the knees.

Does anyone else get severe eyes waterings and nose running in this cold weather? I lost so much fluid on the way intoday I was worried I might be dehydrated!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • cjcp
    It certainly was a bit nippy today, especially on the knees.

Buy some 3/4 length bib shorts or running tights to put under or over your bike shorts (if under, watch out for the rubbing effect of any seam).
    Does anyone else get severe eyes waterings and nose running in this cold weather? I lost so much fluid on the way intoday I was worried I might be dehydrated!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Nope. (More polluted and thus warmer in London.)
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    Will everyone stop changing their avatars? I am getting very confused :roll:
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    gb155 wrote:
    gb155 wrote:

This fast-Fat-Boy on a MTB Needs more slaps.

Many Thanks

Gaz

:D

*Delivers a brutal backhand in the style of an Obersturmbannführer

Always happy to punish an MTBer.
    :D

Ooooops, However there is rason enough for me to get myself a hybrid and then become a fat -boy on a hybrid, hummmmmm

Jaysus - you're a glutton for punishment aren't you... a hybrid is even worse than an MTB.

*Slap
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    cjcp wrote:

Buy some 3/4 length bib shorts or running tights to put under or over your bike shorts (if under, watch out for the rubbing effect of any seam).

You've been spying on my clothing techniques again CJCP!!

4 this morning - even after I fell off on ice. Feel kinda woozy now - bad headache....might go home, but I ak supposed to play football this afternoon...
  • il_principe
    gert_lush wrote:

Are you mental? Cover your knees man FGS!

Is it me or has it all gone a bit weird on the forum this am?

I'm feeling very smug - Willesden Green to Borough in 34 minutes, and that's total time not moving time, not bad with morning traffic eh.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    cjcp wrote:

Defo cover the knees. I shake my head in wide-eyed disbelief that anyone would cycle with bare knees in the current temperatures. I get to shake my head quite a lot on my commute* ;)

* ah, sore neck. penny drops
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    It didn't feel too bad temp wise this morning so cycled in baggies, base layer and gilet. A couple of miles later and the core is nice and warm and my feet are iceblocks. One other roadie going the other way but no prey on my side so cruised in carefully especially on the corners got to our car park and it is ice everywhere. :shock: PANIC. I have never unclipped so carefully trying not to unbalance myself and fall flat on my face in front of everyone.
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • I had (another) slow and uncomfortable ride in this morning.

However, I did A Good Thing.

I espied a damsel in distress - walking along the Embankment carrying her bike and looking pretty miserable. So I stopped, asked if she needed help. To which she dejectedly replied that she had flatted, her hubby had swiped one of her spare inners and the other one she had just discovered was the wrong size.

So I gave her one.

Of my spare inners. Her little face lit up. 'Twas a joy to behold, especially so close to Christmastime.

Ahhhhhhhhh...

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • il_principe
    Greg66 wrote:
    I had (another) slow and uncomfortable ride in this morning.

I espied a damsel in distress - walking along the Embankment carrying her bike and looking pretty miserable. So I stopped, asked if she needed help. To which she dejectedly replied that she had flatted, her hubby had swiped one of her spare inners and the other one she had just discovered was the wrong size.

So I gave her one.

Of my spare inners. Her little face lit up. 'Twas a joy to behold, especially so close to Christmastime.

Ahhhhhhhhh...

But you didn't offer to help her change it?

Bounder.
  • itboffin
    linsen wrote:
    Will everyone stop changing their avatars? I am getting very confused :roll:

okay will do :lol:
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Greg66 wrote:

So I gave her one.

Ahhhhhhhhh...

Bounder.

disgraceful you might as well have just wiped your dic... I'll stop there

I was still drunk from last night as I cast off this morning... nothing to report scalp wise
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Greg66 wrote:
    So I stopped, asked if she needed help. To which she dejectedly replied that she had flatted, her hubby had swiped one of her spare inners and the other one she had just discovered was the wrong size.

So I gave her one. ...

That'll teach her.

She won't do that again.

The last time I stopped for a burd with a flat - I refused to accept "payment" and got a hug instead.

I need to work on my game as other Greg is clearly supassing me in this field.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    I need to change my name to Greg, you gents rule. The only person with a flat I have seen and stopped for was a fat old bloke; he declined my offer of a hug. :cry:
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Feltup wrote:
    I The only person with a flat I have seen and stopped for was a fat old bloke; he declined my offer of a hug. :cry:

You shouldn't take no for an answer in these situations, forcing physical intimacy on old men you don't know is a public service......
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Greg66 wrote:

So I gave her one.

Ahhhhhhhhh...

Bounder.

Thought about it. But she already had the tyre off the rim, so she seemed to have an idea what she was doing.

It's the thought that counts, though.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • JonGinge wrote:
    Defo cover the knees. I shake my head in wide-eyed disbelief that anyone would cycle with bare knees in the current temperatures. I get to shake my head quite a lot on my commute* ;)

Just wondering, do you mean for comfort or for health of the knees?
    I tend to avoid it over winter except on extreme days. I take a bit longer to warm up & get to full speed but it seems manageable. You've got me worried now, is there a heightened risk of injury?
  • cjcp
    JonGinge wrote:

Just wondering, do you mean for comfort or for health of the knees?
    I tend to avoid it over winter except on extreme days. I take a bit longer to warm up & get to full speed but it seems manageable. You've got me worried now, is there a heightened risk of injury?

For me, it's both. It might be old wives' stuff, but if everything's warm, it's not cold, so the cold can't spread into the muscles etc etc. And if I'm warm, I'm comfortable and my attention isn't distracted.

Like Jon, I'm amazed people cycle in shorts in this weather. But I am a wuss. Long sleeves go on in September unless it's balmy.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Sweet FA to report from my ride in this morning. The only other bike based traffic going in the same direction as me was 2 school kids on their Argos specials......
    One thing I have found tho and I'm begging to hate about this route is that I seem to pick up an in-ordinate amount of road scum! My bag left a black mark on the toilet seat this morning due to the cr4p on it! (Don't laugh, I've seen the wet pools around the toilet so my bag and clothes stay off the floor when changing!)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Greg66 wrote:

So I gave her one.

Ahhhhhhhhh...

And
    Greg T wrote:
    That'll teach her.

She won't do that again.

The last time I stopped for a burd with a flat - I refused to accept "payment" and got a hug instead.

I need to work on my game as other Greg is clearly supassing me in this field.

My new mission in life.

To ride around the Streets of London armed with a bag full of spare inner tubes looking for girl-cyclists in need of help....

<< sings his own theme song >>

In fact Greg T giving up your current job and taking this up may increase your chances of experiencing The Fabled Buckwild Sex....

Did I mention that Geoff Johns is no longer writing JSA!?! :cry:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    AAARGH SHUT UP ABOUT THE SEX