Jen J wrote:
    linsen wrote:
    Did you remember to buy anything?

Everything I needed :D

yeh but do you live next door :shock:

Stalking me, are you? :twisted:

YES! :shock:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Listen up turkeys :D

Some food for thought:

The 4th edition UCI Highclere Castle sportive will take place on Sunday 7th June 2009. This event will feature four rides and introduces our new “Cat” theme. Our ridden and proven courses will remain unchanged for 2009 which means you will be able to compare your success in 2008 with your performance in 2009.

You can choose from;

· 126mile MagnifiCat with 9750ft / 3000m ascent

· 77mile Route77Cat with 5525ft / 1700m ascent

· 46mile CommuniCat with 2925ft / 900m ascent

http://www.cyclegb.co.uk/

Thought that might interest you. Other news, I now have a gold chain on my fixie BLING BLING :twisted:
    The Magic Man...now you see me...now you don't...

Fixie Suit Spds & wrap arounds FCN 3
    Racer FCN 2
  • Other news, I now have a gold chain on my fixie BLING BLING :twisted:

solid gold? wow!

but.....recession.... :?: :?: :?:
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    the serial Rlj'er binned me today fair and square I heard the click of gears behind me and he went past, I upped the tempo to stay with him but it started to proper burn and to pass him back I'd have had to flog myself ragged... no

Passed some roadies and a few singles so felt better about the world... one guy I passed (think glasses) was queuing behind me at some traffic lights and he said
    6'4...
    Excuse me?
    are you 6'4?
    Yes about that..... why?
    you looked really tall

seriously wtf was that about?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Listen up turkeys :D

Some food for thought:

The 4th edition UCI Highclere Castle sportive will take place on Sunday 7th June 2009. This event will feature four rides and introduces our new “Cat” theme. Our ridden and proven courses will remain unchanged for 2009 which means you will be able to compare your success in 2008 with your performance in 2009.

You can choose from;

· 126mile MagnifiCat with 9750ft / 3000m ascent

· 77mile Route77Cat with 5525ft / 1700m ascent

· 46mile CommuniCat with 2925ft / 900m ascent

http://www.cyclegb.co.uk/

Thought that might interest you. Other news, I now have a gold chain on my fixie BLING BLING :twisted:

Thoroughly recommend this. Did the 126m route this year - damn near broke me, but that's what you get for doing it on the strength of your commute only. Can't do it next year as I'm on holiday. To those who do it, about 10 miles in, watch out for the descent with the nasty left hander at the end of it - there's a near vertical incline after the turn, so select your gears in good time. :lol:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    Listen up turkeys :D

Some food for thought:

Noooo! Why do dates always have to clash. I would love to do this, but have a HIM the week before, and a 95 mile run on the West Highland Way two weeks later. This just won't fit into the plan. Can you get the date changed? :wink:

:cry:
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Newbury chap sounds like we have the home advantage on this one, do you or anyone else have the route?
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Jen J do you ever take a day off?
  • cjcp
    itboffin wrote:
    Newbury chap sounds like we have the home advantage on this one, do you or anyone else have the route?

It's on their website. Start at the castle, through lanes, up and down hills and back to the castle. Not a fecking clue where I was. I saw lots of grass and fields and stuff.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp
    cjcp wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

It's on their website. Start at the castle, through lanes, up and down hills and back to the castle. Not a fecking clue where I was. I saw lots of grass and fields and stuff.

P.S. There's a chap selling almighty hotdogs at the finish. He's a modern day hero in every sense.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Jen J
    itboffin wrote:

Lots. Unfortunately. Due to an extended overhang of the man flu, I have done no exercise since the weekend. My fitness levels have decreased to that of a couch potato.

Madone

It's all about me...
  • Jen J
    cjcp wrote:
    P.S. There's a chap selling almighty hotdogs at the finish. He's a modern day hero in every sense.

Ew. I can just about handle a dirty burger after a race, but hotdogs are just a step into salmonella land too far for me...
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    edited November 2008
    m0scs wrote:
    SO, my bike has 48 teeth large front ring (biggest I could get to work with my front shifter) and 11 teeth smallest rear cog.

The girth of my big ring doesnt match up to some lycra roadies out there (with their 50-52 teeth rings) but I just wondered how I measured up in the GI stakes.

Well well... the gauntlet has been thrown down. 48/11 on 700c wheels gives you a massive GI of 118. Sprockets actually lead to a far greater change in GI than big rings, but big rings are funnier to talk about.

However, Jashburnham's point stands that as you have more than just that one gear, your MTFU points are null and void.

The MTFU squad will be round tonight to nick your shifters then we'll see how you go. :twisted:

In other news, I was filtering cheerfully along this morning, and was joined weaving through the traffic by one of those bikes that lead out the Keirin! It was quite a mad piece of kit really. Acceleration was dreadful, even worse than mine from a foot-down start, but its top speed was above mine!

Cool little machine... Still prefer my bike though.

No scalping news whatsoever other than the fact that I appear to have developed a cough. Which will not lead to my M'ing the F in any direction.
  • cjcp
    Jen J wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Lots. Unfortunately. Due to an extended overhang of the man flu, I have done no exercise since the weekend. My fitness levels have decreased to that of a couch potato.

You're a woman. You don't get man flu. Woman have no idea how serious man flu is. You probably just had a cold.

:wink:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Newbury chap sounds like we have the home advantage on this one, do you or anyone else have the route?

I may have it saved at home from last year, will try to fish it tonight. Honestly, it is just a great event, regardless of the distance you choose. It also has one of the worst back to back climbs in the south called the "Scorpions tail" or something like that. There was also mr kipling cakes, he does make exceedingly good cakes you know...

Jen, I will get my people to speak to their people...

Racer FCN 2
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    Jen J wrote:
    Ha! I just went on the fixie to and from Sainsburys to do my weekly shop.

Left home at 21.04, got home at 21.26.

That's got to be some kind of record, surely?

It takes me that long just to get my shopping paid for at the check out. You truly are gifted in the art of Sainsburys shopping.

Did you do a track stand at any time? If so then also give yourself a Chapeau!
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • Jen J
    m0scs wrote:
    SO, my bike has 48 teeth large front ring (biggest I could get to work with my front shifter) and 11 teeth smallest rear cog.

The girth of my big ring doesnt match up to some lycra roadies out there (with their 50-52 teeth rings) but I just wondered how I measured up in the GI stakes.

Well well... the gauntlet has been thrown down. 48/11 on 700c wheels gives you a massive GI of 118. Sprockets actually lead to a far greater change in GI than big rings, but big rings are funnier to talk about.

However, Jashburnham's point stands that as you have more than just that one gear, your MTFU points are null and void.

Exactly. It's all very well *having* that impressive combination, but do you *use* it?
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

ooooo part of that route is my morning commute and part of it goes through my training rides, cool 8)
  • Jen J
    Feltup wrote:
    Jen J wrote:

It takes me that long just to get my shopping paid for at the check out. You truly are gifted in the art of Sainsburys shopping.

I know what I want and I know where to get it. None of this strolling down every aisle for me. ;)
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • Jen J
    Jen, I will get my people to speak to their people...

Great, thanks. May 15th would suit...;)
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • itboffin
    Jen J wrote:
    Feltup wrote:
    Jen J wrote:

I know what I want and I know where to get it. None of this strolling down every aisle for me. ;)

So do they let you ride your bike in the stores now :P
  • ooooo part of that route is my morning commute and part of it goes through my training rides, cool

Am beginning to think a westside vs. the eastside may be in order....Do we let city folk in to the shires?

Racer FCN 2
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    ooooo part of that route is my morning commute and part of it goes through my training rides, cool

Am beginning to think a westside vs. the eastside may be in order....Do we let city folk in to the shires?

ho ho, count me in, Westside aye!
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Feltup
    itboffin wrote:
    Jen J wrote:
    Feltup wrote:
    Jen J wrote:

I reckon she has those heelies on her cycle shoes so she can glide down the aisles then hop back on the fixie and away

Felt F55 - 2007
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
  • Jen J
    Feltup wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Jen J wrote:
    Feltup wrote:
    Jen J wrote:

I reckon she has those heelies on her cycle shoes so she can glide down the aisles then hop back on the fixie and away

:P
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • Feltup wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Jen J wrote:
    Feltup wrote:
    Jen J wrote:

I REALLY want a pair of heelies. However, I want them with retractable wheels. And I have big feet.

I spend a fair bit of time in airports, and can't help but notice how they tend to have gentle slopes in them. I have a rolling suitcase.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
  • cjcp
    Attica wrote:
    ooooo part of that route is my morning commute and part of it goes through my training rides, cool

I'm told that, west of Windsor, live the hobbits. Is this true?
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Yes, and East of Windsor is where the faeries dwell.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • cjcp wrote:
    Attica wrote:

I'm told that, west of Windsor, live the hobbits. Is this true?

and dragons.......

Had a fun commute in this morning, however I realized once I got to work it probably wasn't quite cold enough to justify the long finger gloves as my hands where rather sweaty (but warm!) and covered in black fluff...........

Only 1 scalp to report and that was on the last drag towards work, it should have been "cool off" time but I saw them up ahead and just thought "I MUST CATCH YOU" in the vain hope that they worked at the same place I was going :-D Got past and realized that indeed it was a drop bar road bike but the pilot appeared to be riding in shirt and trousers so I assume he doesn't live far from work, either that or his sweat smells of roses..........

Also JJ, it wasn't man flu you caught, if a women EVER had man flu it would kill you. I'm sure this has been proven in THE GAME labs :P
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Feltup
    Attica wrote:
    Yes, and East of Windsor is where the faeries dwell.

And to the south are the Fangorn Forests, be careful at night for the Ents will come out and knock you off your steed with strategically placed branch.

"a matter of life and death", it's taken me ages to remember the name of the film with your signature quote. Love that film too!

Felt F55 - 2007
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998