check out my ride....

Comments

• elcani
    elcani Posts: 280
    I recently finished rebuilding and modernising this old Reynolds 531c Ribble. It was meant to be a 'hack' but turned into something a bit nicer. Excellent fun and taught me loads about bike building/maintenance - next project is a 653 Ribble for a mate.

3882741680_5f63c1b62f_b.jpg
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    Nice bike! Head tube is epic! 8)

Nap D - How small is your small chainring mate?! What's that, a 30 or something?:shock: :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Can't you count?

It's a compact chainset.
  • Bhima
    Ah right. It's just a decieving picture I guess.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Looks like a compact here, allthough from the picture it looks like the teeth may be abit worn?
  • octav
    octav Posts: 50
    moto0094.jpg

My Kona Major Jake cyc with Campy Centaur/Chorus parts.
    Weight : 8.5 kg
  • dru
    dru Posts: 1,341
    bike.jpg
    My first ever road bike

Kinesis Racelight Frame, Tusk Carbon Forks, Compagnolo running gear, Vento Wheels

Looking to change a few things cosmetically tyres and handlebar grip,aero bars and brake hudz to something matching (any recommendations? Is white too bling?)
  • freehub
    I'd go with Michelin Krylion Carbon tyres, well worth every penny and me I'd not go with white, just looks crap when it gets dirty and worn, go with black IMO.

Then again, If it's your first road bike I'd wear down those tyres first.
  • Bhima
    Talking of white...

I'm very slowly, but surely, swapping spokes for white ones. Only a few more left to do now.

Once done, i'm probably gonna save them for summer only. White tyres in the post too. :D With these, i'll be struggling to get my summer bike more white. The only part that's black is the chain. :lol:

whitespokes.jpg
  • freehub
    Are you replacing the spokes yourself? At least you got ride of that grip tape with bananas under them.
  • Anonymous
    octav wrote:
    moto0094.jpg

My Kona Major Jake cyc with Campy Centaur/Chorus parts.
    Weight : 8.5 kg

Looks lovely there, is it Birmingham?
  • Bhima
    Yep, doing it myself. Got limited time so i've been doing it one spoke at a time so I can still ride on the wheel every day, as opposed to taking it all apart and being forced to use my other wheels.
  • Bhima wrote:
    Yep, doing it myself. Got limited time so i've been doing it one spoke at a time so I can still ride on the wheel every day, as opposed to taking it all apart and being forced to use my other wheels.

You've been changing all your spokes to white ones, one at a time??

I'm loving your posts Bhima :lol:
  • freehub
    I'm getting jealous I havent learnt how to true wheels and install spokes yet, then again my Shimano Wheels are the wrong way round. I changed gear one day and the chain went inbetween my cassette and the actuall spokes when I was doing around 28mph, lukilly it only started to rip the spoke out, never finished the job, so they are still in and strong.
  • Bhima
    Yeah, your wheels are whack! Never seen any like that before. It shouldn't make it any harder to true them though.

Anyway, don't have a camera at the moment. Saving up for a good one. As soon as I get it, i'll be posting up loadza photos of my bikes.
  • freehub
    I'd not say they are whack, just a pain. You should see some older Shimano wheels, the spoke come out of the side of the rims!
  • Anonymous
    I've got some new Uberwheels on my Litespeed, I'll try and post a pic later, can't on the work computer...
  • octav
    octav Posts: 50
    @NapoleonD:no, it's in Romania . It's called Balea Pass (2034 m ). The highest paved pass in Romania. 25 km at 6.3%
  • Anonymous
    octav wrote:
    @NapoleonD:no, it's in Romania . It's called Balea Pass (2034 m ). The highest paved pass in Romania. 25 km at 6.3%

Heh heh, nice one!

Looks very nice (and nothing like Birmingham!)
  • Anonymous
    Check out these beauties! (Crap phone pic taken just before setting off to work though, apologies.)

Wheels from a well known German manufacturer available only through Wiggle in this country... Sort of.

LitespeedHeavyweight.jpg
  • Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130
    you flash git.

How often do you plan to ride them though? I'd be too worried to use them for anything other than a race, ditto the zipps.
  • Anonymous
    I went out on them today on my way to work...

No problems...

I probably won't use them as much as my Open Pros but they will be used all through the winter.

Although I suggest you try reading the writing a bit harder. :o

(Poor photo doesn't help.)
  • Infamous
    Ah got it. What are they then?
  • Anonymous
    Heh heh, they are the Alex Rims that came with my TT bike. I stripped the decals off and made my own in homage to Lightweight but, well, saying Heavyweight!

They are about 1900 grams but they go round...
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Bhima wrote:

:shock: You remove your wheel, deflate the tyre, remove the tyre, then inner tube and finally the rim tape.
    Remove a solitary spoke, install a new 'blinging' white spoke, then re-install the rim tape, inner tube and tyre, inflate the tyre, then stick it back in your bike and go out for a ride.... :shock:

Are you right in the h........?

Bhima.... Have a word, will you!
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Infamous
    It is bhima after all. If he wants to remove each spoke of a high tension, machine built 20 spoke wheel, let him.

Look at his handlebar setup, pure bhima.
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    picture002pk.jpg

picture001af.jpg

Latest plaything, very nice ride, just got to get used to pounding up the hills now! :D

Sorry NapD, couldn't find a white garage door as the last one around here has been redecorated by the BNP!

[/img]
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Mmmmmm, nice one....
    I may have to get one of those.
    I'll certainly be looking at them after I get home on Friday. :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Anonymous
    Interesting but, well, you know, fixie!!
This discussion has been closed.