check out my ride....

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Coach H wrote:
    Summer Bike
    P1110858.jpg
    (NapD - Wheels set for decals, didn't look right with valves at 6 o'clock)

Winter Bike
    P1110849.jpg
    Who says you cannot get full guards on a Bianchi :)

Awesome stuff!

Have a badge!

OCPlogo.jpg
  • Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130
    4 - Chain in big ring, towards the smaller cogs at the back
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    Infamous wrote:

I did know that Infamous, but preferred to have parallel chain runs.
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • Chrissz
    Chrissz Posts: 727
    Of course, your new problem is that your neighbours all think you're a lunatic as you seem to be obsessively photographing your bike :lol::lol::lol:
  • -Dizzy-
    -Dizzy- Posts: 15
    djbarren wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    It's the valves, they should be at 6 o'clock!!

There are many bike photographs on here but the reference shot must be taken in a specific way otherwise there will be a higher risk of flaming. Plus, it shows your lovely bikes off better!
    Don't say I didn't warn you!

1 - Bike should be against a white background, preferable a garage door so the bike shows up properly, or if taken well, a black background with suitable lighting.

2 - Bike must be flat to camera, no silly angles.

3 - Bike must be drive side showing

5 - Crankarm following the line of the seat tube or chainstay

6 - Stem must be in the negative fitting. Even if you ride with it pointing up.

7 - Dork discs, reflectors, pumps, lights etc are NOT acceptable, again, even if you ride with them.

Should no 8 and 9 read something like this

8- Valves must be at 6 o'clock
    9- No water bottles allowed.

Whoops.

I really screwed the pooch on many levels in my pics !! :roll: :lol: ( Page 58 )
    2009 Ridley Noah
    Campagnolo Record 11s
  • stueyc
    stueyc Posts: 518
    how do you add picture
  • stueyc
    stueyc Posts: 518
    picture inline with rules???

[img][/img]35609574.jpg
  • Anonymous
    stueyc wrote:
    picture inline with rules???

[img][/img]35609574.jpg

Not a bad effort at all there!
  • 2r57odv.jpg

29lfpna.jpg

jrekb4.jpg

New Ultegra Groupset (bar 105 STI's and FSA Carbon Crank)
  • Whoa, Campag wheels and a Shimano groupset? That must be breaking the 'rules'!? :o:wink:
  • Hope this is ok.

th_89118_My_Bike_09_s_122_431lo.jpg

click on picture to enlarge (didn't know how to post bigger picture on here).
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Hope this is ok.

Has a bit of your bike fallen off?
  • what do you mean flasher? That's an allen key and a cpl of spacers from when i put the other bottle cage on that's on the floor,a minor detail....
  • Chrissz
    what do you mean flasher? That's an allen key and a cpl of spacers from when i put the other bottle cage on that's on the floor,a minor detail....

A MINOR detail :shock: :shock: :shock: :?: :?:

Have you gleaned nothing from this thread :?:

There is no such thing as a minor detail when posting pics of bikes :!:

Be warned - you have most probably incurred the wrath of the gods of pedantry :!: :!:

:lol::lol:
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Chrissz wrote:
    what do you mean flasher? That's an allen key and a cpl of spacers from when i put the other bottle cage on that's on the floor,a minor detail....

A MINOR detail :shock: :shock: :shock: :?: :?:
    :lol::lol:
  • Hope this is ok.

You've put the computer on the wrong side of the fork - it should be on the front really.
    spamspam.jpg
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    You've put the computer on the wrong side of the fork - it should be on the front really.

not sure that's correct - a lot of those pickups are designed to be fitted behind the fork. Mine certainly was and it makes good sense as it keeps it out of the way....
  • Anonymous
    softlad wrote:

not sure that's correct - a lot of those pickups are designed to be fitted behind the fork. Mine certainly was and it makes good sense as it keeps it out of the way....

If you put it on the front of the fork and it gets knocked into the spokes somehow whilst riding it won't break the sensor or the spokes...
  • softlad
    ironically, there's probably more chance of it being knocked into the spokes if it's on the front.....
  • Anonymous
    softlad wrote:
    ironically, there's probably more chance of it being knocked into the spokes if it's on the front.....

But then the spokes will just nudge it forward rather than mangle it through the fork...
  • softlad
    NapoleonD wrote:
    softlad wrote:

But then the spokes will just nudge it forward rather than mangle it through the fork...

I was pointing out the irony - not the practicality.. ;)

Besides, if it is loose enough on its rubber mounting to be nudged either way, then it's your own fault for not noticing. Realistically, the only time that would be a problem is if it was nudged during a race, or group ride - and putting it on the front makes that far more likely in my opinion.....
  • See NapD is on the same wavelength as me, great minds and all that.
    spamspam.jpg
  • Anonymous
    softlad wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    softlad wrote:

I was pointing out the irony - not the practicality.. ;)

Besides, if it is loose enough on its rubber mounting to be nudged either way, then it's your own fault for not noticing. Realistically, the only time that would be a problem is if it was nudged during a race, or group ride - and putting it on the front makes that far more likely in my opinion.....

Makes no difference to me, I don't use one!
  • does it make any difference to the readings if it's to the front or back of the fork?
  • softlad
    does it make any difference to the readings if it's to the front or back of the fork?

no - the wheel magnet still has to pass the sensor once every wheel revolution, no matter where it is....
  • Chrissz
    does it make any difference to the readings if it's to the front or back of the fork?

Yes :!:

If fitted the wrong way around you will find that, after a long ride, you've actually done less miles than you had when you started :!:

:lol:
  • mgu91
    mgu91 Posts: 13
    2r57odv.jpg

29lfpna.jpg

jrekb4.jpg

New Ultegra Groupset (bar 105 STI's and FSA Carbon Crank)

Have to ask..What kind of bar tape is that? I have the same bike and have been looking for some green bar tape for ages.

Cheers

M
  • Hi, bar tape is this stuff:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=27916

Really nice feel too it, went out in the rain on sunday, and its wiped perfectly clean.

Im very impressed with it consideringits just a tenner!
  • getattachmentaspxyrc.jpg

Mrs Squill's new Orbea Enol, with some extra blue tyres!

Not happy as IMO it looks better than my Trek!!
  • Damn thats stunning, she even has the blue charge spoon detailing on the black seat. I really like bike.

I am aiming for a black and orange look on mine. Wiggle has the perfect saddle its a charge spoon in black with orange stitching instead of the blue on your wife's bike :D
    FCN: 5/6 Fixed Gear (quite rapid) in normal clothes and clips :D

Cannondale CAAD9 / Mongoose Maurice (heavily modified)
This discussion has been closed.