Commuting bike pics

Comments

• woodnut
    woodnut Posts: 562
    bedraggled wrote:
    It's a Carradice Super C with a Bagman Quick Release support.
    If you go on the Carradice web site they have lots of different bags for every eventuality (and I've probably got most of them :lol: )
    Thanks for that, they look just the ticket....
  • RolfH
    RolfH Posts: 39
    My new build TK2.

IMAG0203.jpg

I just need to adjust the rear mudguard, but thought I'd get a photo in before it gets road grimy!

Rolf
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    Used daily for the last 12 months, with an 80" GI , I love the beast I really do

langster.jpg
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Built up from an ebay bargain frame and genesis carbon forks. No guards, so only comes out in the sunshine. Need a smaller freewheel because I'm spinning out on this too quickly. Loving the rubino pro's, roll nicer than my conti 4 seasons. :D

IMAGE_BC8D0CB9-36C1-431E-B68E-7F588FB87737.JPG

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Not at it's cleanest, but hey - it's a commuter. Since I'm sitting in the garden taking silly photos I thought I'd post the CAADX

imag0224j.jpg

Really enjoy it. Plenty fast enough and soaks up the bumps with the 35mm rubber - will upgrade the saddle at some point but apart from that she's just about perfect for a combination of fast commutes and the odd bit of off tarmac silliness.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • woodnut
    woodnut Posts: 562
    SimonAH wrote:
    Not at it's cleanest, but hey - it's a commuter. Since I'm sitting in the garden taking silly photos I thought I'd post the CAADX

imag0224j.jpg

Really enjoy it. Plenty fast enough and soaks up the bumps with the 35mm rubber - will upgrade the saddle at some point but apart from that she's just about perfect for a combination of fast commutes and the odd bit of off tarmac silliness.

Very nice, I was so tempted by one of these when I eventually bought the Equilibrium....may well be my next bike as, obviously, I NEED a CX bike for very bad weather :D
  • jomoj
    jomoj Posts: 777
    here's my workhorse
    IMG_20120627_203442.jpg

Kinesis Pro5 CX frame with strapped on SKS guards for commuter / winter duty, they come off for racing in the autumn winter and the knobblies go on.

1 x 9 105 / Sram Apex drivetrain - 36T and an 11-28 block is fine for most duties, a 38 or 40 would add a bit of top end but theres a few short and steep off road sections on my routes where the bottom end is handy.

Ritchey Pro stem and post, Deda RHM bars and Prologo Vertigo saddle. Tiagra hubs with Mavic CXP22 rims have been pretty solid and they are shod with 700x28 Gatorskins for road duty.

The whole bike was put together from 2nd hand or discount parts and I'm really pleased with it. Nice enough to enjoy riding, not too precious to go out in all weathers on and off road.
  • jomoj
    jomoj Posts: 777
    Looks pretty steep round your way, what gearing do you use?
  • Dalton
    Dalton Posts: 265
    gb155 wrote:
    Used daily for the last 12 months, with an 80" GI , I love the beast I really do

langster.jpg

Gaz,

I used a Langster for my commute (May to September last year). Unfortunately I had an accident on the way to work on a wet and windy morning, which resulted in broken bones! Have been off the bikes since then. Started up again a couple of weeks ago (on a mountain bike).

The picture you posted amongst many other things reminded me how much I missed my Langster. So today I am the proud owner of another. I purchased a 'mint' 2010 version for £250 on eBay. Could not be happier. Went for a 10 mile spin on it when I got home from work. Awesome!
  • Dalton
    Dalton Posts: 265
    7502965152_e71ce71cb6.jpg
    Langster! by LAG_74, on Flickr

My new Langster!
  • 2tired2ride
    2tired2ride Posts: 285
    My Boardman

img0117st.jpg
    "If we all had hardtails we'd all go down the hill, just slower"
    Nick Larsen

Voodoo D-Jab Ti
    Boardman Road Team 09
    Boardman Urban Team 08
    Falcon 3 Speed
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    Dalton wrote:
    7502965152_e71ce71cb6.jpg
    Langster! by LAG_74, on Flickr

My new Langster!

Very nice. Looks like a pretty short gear?
    FCN 2 to 8
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    Put a new chainset on the Tricross:

tricrossjuly2012.jpg
    FCN 2 to 8
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Mr Plum wrote:
    Very nice. Looks like a pretty short gear?

IIRC factory fitted is 42/18
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    spasypaddy wrote:
    IMG-20120712-WA0001.jpg

Nice simple colour scheme, I'm growing tired of what the bigger manufacturers do re. decals and mad colours. :roll:

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    thanks.

none of my bikes are over the top colour wise. i did want my Look in mondrian though...
  • tuktuk
    tuktuk Posts: 179
    My first bike as an 'adult'

652d4907.jpg

Kind of regret buying it, wish i had gone for a more road orientated bike as my commute is all on road.
  • mattcroad
    mattcroad Posts: 189
    Here is my road bike / commuter / winter bike / weekend bike, she's almost 4 years old now, but she's mine.
    There is a rule for that
    FCN 4 2009 Trek 1.5
    FCN 11 2007 Apollo XC.26s
  • stuj15
    stuj15 Posts: 167
    Hey Matt, nice wheels. I recognise that colour, was that you at the Southwark Bridge lights Friday evening about 6pm? Walking to Cycle Surgery??
  • maf_1
    maf_1 Posts: 4
    Here's my commuter, a 2000 Marin Bear Valley. I ditched the 'whale tail' and put a set of SKS Chromoplastics on and with the wet summer we have seen in the UK up to now, it was the best purchase i've made this year.

BearValley.jpg
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    7267503316_f470e131ab.jpg
    normal commute with (allegedly Summer tyres)

6885713934_9d74b3c71e.jpg

Sunny days!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    jomoj wrote:

I have no idea what you're on about as the mods have deleted the post, so if I can't post pictures in a section marked gallery i'll describe my bike.

Two wheels. Each has panracer tyres. Handle bars, kind of bendy, the type communters don't like. Erm, two pedals, one on either side, specialized toupe saddle. Its black, and erm....yeah, I like it. Hope you can picture it.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,350
    jomoj wrote:

I have no idea what you're on about as the mods have deleted the post, so if I can't post pictures in a section marked gallery i'll describe my bike.

Two wheels. Each has panracer tyres. Handle bars, kind of bendy, the type communters don't like. Erm, two pedals, one on either side, specialized toupe saddle. Its black, and erm....yeah, I like it. Hope you can picture it.
    Noticed the deletion. In the absence of your foot what do you push the pedals with? Do you have another foot?
  • anthdci
    anthdci Posts: 543

My Specialized Tricross after a clean and service. Got a set of guards and rack for normal commuting use. Really want to got to narrower tyres but doubt the wheels will take them.
  • SimonAH
    a7793f4e.jpg

Definitely sunny days only as I am reliably informed it will melt in the rain.

• clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    damn you for stealing my thunder SimonAH!!!

Nice bike by the way - here's my new creature.

006.JPG

Dylon Mythos frame
    Mavic CXP33 / Record hub wheels
    Ritchey / Deda cockpit
    Campag Centaur gruppo
    San Marco regal saddle
    Gatorskin tyres
  • SimonAH
    VERY handsome CC

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    SimonAH wrote:
    a7793f4e.jpg

Definitely sunny days only as I am reliably informed it will melt in the rain.

This as well as the Willier? :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    Yes, some really nice bikes here, some obviously costing a bob or two. I've noticed recently that you can get some really sporty looking bikes for about 800 quid, not practical for winter but would be good on sunny days. Somewhere between your commuter and nice bike. Think I'll do some more research. In the meantime my home sprayed commuter :-

6600293669_864ee57bd6.jpg
    IMG-20111230-00136 by twostage, on Flickr