Commuting bike pics

Comments

• I seeee... Thanks MIke.
  • Here we go. Hope this works...
    2101808724_8d537ac95b.jpg?v=0

EDIT: B*gger. Obviously not. Anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Anyway... here's the link to the bike if you're interested... Cheers!
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2367/210 ... 5b.jpg?v=0
  • PHcp
    PHcp Posts: 2,748
    Here we go. Hope this works...
    2101808724_8d537ac95b.jpg

EDIT: B*gger. Obviously not. Anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Anyway... here's the link to the bike if you're interested... Cheers!
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2367/210 ... 5b.jpg?v=0

Nearly there, just remove everything after "jpg"
  • Brilliant. Thanks PHcp! :D
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Here's mine, now with full mudguards. Its now generally in filthy condition and needing a real good clen.!
    1598079062_f51d9b8c10_b_d.jpg
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • My ride...

Bike_s.jpg
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    www.flickr.com/photos/22055777@N02/2152125945/
    my commute, winter or summer it,s just the same, Greetings Ademort[/url][url][/url]
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • JWYATT-18
    JWYATT-18 Posts: 114
    Looks Brillaint the Cavaliry has came ! you all have every bag you can fit , a small utility tank coming down the road

When i went on work exsprince i loved riding through the roads in and out of cars the speed you get places just blasting by sitting still cars its so much faster bikes are the best
  • flybywire
    flybywire Posts: 575
    An SCR that it is a pleasure to ride ..

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1682614/
  • marchant
    marchant Posts: 362
    Don't know why, but it looks so much cleaner in the picture:
    P1010120.jpg

BTW the front wheel was a bargain - £8 for an XT hub on a Mavic 517 rim, with black double-butted radially laced spokes. From Halfords :shock:
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    This is my Commuted up MTB - been using it daily since getting back in to commuting to work in August (changed jobs ).....

DBCommuterSide.jpg
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    edited February 2008
    New commute for 2008 after using the MTB last year.....

247398358-L-1.jpg
  • Mapman
    Mapman Posts: 254
    Mog a fine stable of bikes How does the bwin ride ?
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    Mapman wrote:
    Mog a fine stable of bikes How does the bwin ride ?

Surprisingly well, I did change the bars and stem as the standard reach was to short, but apart from that it's standard. It's used everyday to commute and at weekends for training rides and it's not let me down yet ( touch wood )

For £125 brand new I'm more than happy with it :D
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Mog Uk wrote:
    242392319-M-1.jpg

'Tis a nice bike, I paid the full whack of £169 for mine - bargain even for that.

However, for some unknown reason, my pedals (which decathlon installed both times) kept removing the thread off my right crank, twice. They repaired it the first time, it happened again, rang up the manager who promised they'd fix it (didn't want a wasted journey from N. Wales to Stockport), got there on the Sunday as planned and the monkey said there was anything wrong with the bike and he wouldn't repair it. So, for the principal of it I got my money back.

Although even for the full price, it was still a bargain, all the buggers had to do was change the pedals and chainset. Even doing it myself, adding the cost of a new chainset, it would've worked out a better bike for less money than the Halfords bike I got for £100.

For £125 I'd be tempted to go and get another one and take my chances - but unfortunately I've been restricted to only two bikes.

Hope it all goes smoothly for you Mog, you've got a bloody good bike if it does!
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Mapman
    Mapman Posts: 254
    Thats a real bargin Enjoy your cycling .. all the best
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    here's mine with the new frame

Squadra.jpg
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Shaky
    Shaky Posts: 50
    Here's what gets me to and from the office...............

07b0hJKTW4X0OXn357EqcGiw7dUkPN84PPO*_l.jpg
    "Take me Garth"
    "Where? I'm low on gas and you need a jacket"
  • Thorn-Nomad.jpg
    Thanks, John
  • 2286211430053248139S500x500Q85.jpg

Rides like a dream...!
  • pdsidd
    pdsidd Posts: 19
    This is the bike I love...

Giant FCR1 Spring 2007 - carbon forked, aluminum framed goodness throughout...

ForumPic.jpg
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    dsc00608mk0.jpg

Now with new mudguards and rear mech, and repositioning of rear lights.

You can even see my homemade hi viz rucksack.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • This gets me to/from the office through the winter and when it's too nasty to take the nice one :wink:

borghini.jpg

Lovely Columbus Zonal frame built up with 105/Ultegra drivetrain, Shimano 105 wheels, Arione saddle and Deda/Promax finishing kit.
  • JST
    JST Posts: 158
    Here is my steed that gets me from A to B and occasionally back again :)

Dawes Discovery 701...

IMG_7665.jpg
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    The commuter/runaround:

2230528677_a85552fecc.jpg
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,099
    Clever Pun wrote:
    here's mine with the new frame

Squadra.jpg

Clever Pun - I think I was riding alongside you the other day - do you do the run around the Regent's Park area towards the Tottenham Court Road?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • I picked up this 2006 Raleigh Airlite from my local H@lfords in a clearance sale for £50 as it had some damage to the drop bars and a few frame scratches.
    I got a flat bar out of the bargain bin for £1, and 2 new brake inner cables for £4. Whacked on some old levers, SPD's, grips and bar ends....

Yeh presto, a £55 commuter :D

redbike.jpg
  • WOWEE nice work 'benzjammin' thats a bit of kit you got there and for that money I bet you have the biggest grin :D even when you are not riding it hey.....
    Looks great how easy was it to change the bars and what changers have you used for the gears ???
    Ive got an old Raleigh/Triumph in the garage im thinking of doing the same to so interested to know more ........cheers
    :roll: :?: :shock: :)
    Still loving my Carrera Vulcan but also loving my commuter converted Raleigh Record Sprint ooo it's so quick and a great commute hack yippeee get to ride it again in the morning . . . . . can't wait ha ha
  • Gambatte
    Gambatte Posts: 1,453
    Mog Uk wrote:
    242392319-M-1.jpg

'Tis a nice bike, I paid the full whack of £169 for mine - bargain even for that.

However, for some unknown reason, my pedals (which decathlon installed both times) kept removing the thread off my right crank, twice. They repaired it the first time, it happened again, rang up the manager who promised they'd fix it (didn't want a wasted journey from N. Wales to Stockport), got there on the Sunday as planned and the monkey said there was anything wrong with the bike and he wouldn't repair it. So, for the principal of it I got my money back.

Although even for the full price, it was still a bargain, all the buggers had to do was change the pedals and chainset. Even doing it myself, adding the cost of a new chainset, it would've worked out a better bike for less money than the Halfords bike I got for £100.

For £125 I'd be tempted to go and get another one and take my chances - but unfortunately I've been restricted to only two bikes.

Hope it all goes smoothly for you Mog, you've got a bloody good bike if it does!

2008_02020004.JPG?imgmax=512

Another vote here.

Never had a problem with the pedals, swapped them for the Wellgo SPDs (from Decathlon)

OK Someone tell me what I did wrong with the image!!
  • WOWEE nice work 'benzjammin' thats a bit of kit you got there and for that money I bet you have the biggest grin :D even when you are not riding it hey.....
    Looks great how easy was it to change the bars and what changers have you used for the gears ???
    Ive got an old Raleigh/Triumph in the garage im thinking of doing the same to so interested to know more ........cheers
    :roll: :?: :shock: :)

Hi,
    Thanks for the great comment!
    Changing the bars was a 10 minute job as the bike has a modern A-head stem like a MTB.
    I left the original lever style shifters in place. They are a bit strange as the are right next to the stem. But they work fine, and changing then would cost about £30. Which would almost double the cost of the bike.

...and YES, it gives me a massive grin every morning on the way to the office :D