Spot a bargain? Please tell us!

Comments

• craigwend
    craigwend Posts: 321
    merino tops less than raphaprice!

http://www.bikeplus.co.uk/Adobe_jerseys.html

choose the retro option

Space to rent '......................................................' reasonable offers only.

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t6/craigwend
    There's always www.cyclechat.co.uk
  • Altura Night Vision windproof fronted jerseys -œ29.99 from evanscycles.com (49.99 in LBS, 39.99 on bikeplus), if you spend œ50 then free p and p. It might be getting a bit warm for them now, but might be a good investment for winter.
    Bear it in mind, however, that the evans website dispatches very slowly.

A bit new to this cycling malarky - any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I have a bike; she\'s called Fran. I enjoy her company.
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SamNichols</i>

Bear it in mind, however, that the <b>evans website dispatches very slowly.</b>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

sometimes. I got my last order the next day.
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Aldi have triathlon suits on offer next week, includes padding in shorts. Also have running longs.

~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SamNichols</i>

Altura Night Vision windproof fronted jerseys -œ29.99 from evanscycles.com (49.99 in LBS, 39.99 on bikeplus), if you spend œ50 then free p and p. It might be getting a bit warm for them now, but might be a good investment for winter.
    Bear it in mind, however, that the evans website dispatches very slowly.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Apparently the Night Vision is out of stock, but they still have the kenesis, which they offered for the same price. However, they just sent me the wrong size (the tag said Large, but the inside said medium). I now have to trek to their Holborn store (I shall be in London anyway today) to change it, as I need it for tomorrow morning's 40 miler.

I have a bike; she\'s called Fran. I enjoy her company.
  • lex_2004
    lex_2004 Posts: 78
    Michelin Pro2 Race Tyre 2007 @ œ16.25
    http://www.parker-international.co.uk/P ... ctid/3291/

<hr noshade size="1"> The only people who believe that it's the taking part that counts, are those who've never won!!

My Steed:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/55474585@N ... 079659119/
    <hr noshade size="1"> The only people who believe that it\'s the taking part that counts, are those who\'ve never won!!
    My Steed - http://www.flickr.com/photos/55474585@N ... 079659119/
  • Lifeson
    Lifeson Posts: 327
    Asda
    Alpen œ2.24 each or 2 for œ2 [?][?][?]

This Elephant, is it Indian or African?
    "You must return here with a shrubbery, or else, you will never pass through this wood... alive."
  • Will1985
    Will1985 Posts: 289
    3 hours left: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mavic-Cosmic-Carb ... dZViewItem

Absolute bargain...unfortunately I don't have 250 to spend [:(]
  • ultegra groupo 450 euro free delivery cycle superstore never mind alcohole
  • Think ive said this in another thread but there is Guess RB1 being sold on Ebay start price is 299.00 it is being sold by supercycles and is brand new. Any size you like.
    The last one sold 2 week ago and went for 310.00
    i would say that this is a bargain
    Auction has 17hrs to go and there are no bids so far.

my evil toad army will rule the world
    my evil toad army will rule the world
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Picked up a pair of two sided SPD-R pedals for 6pds at the JJB store next to Newcastle Ferry Port today. Ok maybe not the best youll ever get but they look and feel for fine and for 6pds im sure they will do a turn next winter.A 70% sale on in their stores just now apparently.

cheers
    MG

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Gary D
    Gary D Posts: 431
    Bolle Silium Safety/Cycle Sunglasses.

After someone else mentioning these in reponse to a previous post, I thought I would get a pair. œ5.50 p+p from Ebay.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bolle-Silium-Safe ... dZViewItem

Used them today and they are great. Fit my big bonce because the arms are spring loaded, and the looks and construction of them totally contradict the price tag. They are very good quality. Unless you knew, it would be very difficult to recognise them as safety glasses.

Gary.

Must try harder....
    Oh and I feel like I've been raped by an Orangutan :shock: And I've got legs like Girders :lol:
  • Lidl, Trangia style cooker and pan set, very good quality, œ4.99
  • Cyclo2000
    Cyclo2000 Posts: 1,923
    Got one last year. Really very good. Go get 'em!

Usquequaque in Ventus
    Get into yourself to get yourself out of your self. Then try to lose yourself.
    Usquequaque in Ventus
    Just once I would like to be called "Sir", without someone adding "You\'re making a scene".
  • messier0101
    messier0101 Posts: 166
    5 Conti inner tubes for œ10 inc P&P

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

plus the seller chucked in 3 tyre levers free!!!! (although I can't guarantee he'll do the same lol)
  • vbc
    vbc Posts: 1,104
    I picked up a Nike HC retro jersey like this, http://www.in-gearonline.co.uk/product.php?id=439 for œ10
    at the Nike store at the outlet village at Bridgend, just off the M4, J36.

They had the pale blue ones also but sizes were limited, no M on display and only a couple S. I bought a Large which would normally be OK for me but this one is generously cut and the waist is loose. But for 10 quid!
  • venster
    venster Posts: 356
    I picked one of the Nike retro tops from Nike shop at the Designer Outlet at Ashford. Had a few large ones left a couple of days ago, also Nike padded shorts for œ16.
  • AcademicX
    AcademicX Posts: 152
    Ribble is offering its customary Bank Holiday 10% off most things (some exceptions, such groupsets).

Edinburgh Bicycle Co-operative is also offering 10% off everything (plus 20 items with up to 60% off).

Time to get the credit card out !
  • wasp707
    wasp707 Posts: 116
    I wouldn't get too excited about Ribble. I ordered a Campag Chorus U/T chainset on 7th April when they had 10% off at Easter. I've recently chased them up, having heard nothing from them and have been informed that they will not be available until the end of May. Of course, they won't despatch the rest of my order until the chainset arrives. Useless if you ask me.
  • Slipknotjonny
    Slipknotjonny Posts: 197
    For the supplement junkies:

Holland & Barrett 908g Creatine œ4.99 (usually œ19.99) until 25th May.

I bought a load yesterday, unfortunately tastes like poope - Only grape flavour and fruit punch flavour which tastes and looks like Peptobismol.

Still, it is defo a bargain.

Ooh Ooh Mr Peevley !
    weight.png
  • Mister Paul
    Mister Paul Posts: 719
    Mayday Mayday - Edinburgh Bicycle Online Price Revolution
    We are celebrating the May Day holiday (when our shops are open as usual) by offering 10% off every bicycle, 10% of every accessory and 10% off any clothing order placed online from Saturday 5 May till Sunday 28 May 2007.

Twenty Tantalising Tasters
    To get you into money-saving mode, we have created Twenty Tantalising Tasters - in other words, 20 delightful deals with up to 60% off.

Terms and Conditions of Mayday Mayday Offer.

Mayday Mayday Price Revolution - Bikes

Revolution Courier '06
    Was œ249 Now œ209
    Add a further 10% off when you order online
    Web Price (May 5-28) œ188.10
    MTB frame; zero-maintenance rigid fork; 1.5" semi-slick tyres; one chainring, one Rapidfire shifter, one mech: the Courier is moving proof of the notion, less is more. Sizes 20 or 22".
    'As a street bike the Courier outclasses anything in its price range.' WhatMountainBike Gold Award.

Revolution Courier Race '06
    Was œ279 Now œ229
    Web Price (May 5-28) œ206.10
    The Race is an even nippier version of the Courier, featuring faster wheels built with Ritchey Girder XC Pro 700c road bike rims (over the standard Courier's 26" MTB rims), genuine Shimano hubs (over Formula hubs) and stainless steel spokes (over rustless). Sizes: 18 or 20".

Revolution Courier Nexus '06
    Was œ349 Now œ299
    Web Price (May 5-28) œ269.10
    'Considering that it costs about œ200 to retro-fit a Nexus 8-speed hub, the fact that Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op manages to shoehorn one into its bikes at this price point is astonishing. Nexus is great for anyone who wants a low-maintenance bike about town.' Cycling Plus: April 2007.

Revolution Trailfinder '06
    Was œ229 Now œ189
    Web Price (May 5-28) œ170.10
    'Beginner-friendly town & trail bike that's great value for money. Value: 9/10.' WhatMountainBike: March 2006.

Revolution Continental Race '06
    Was œ399 Now œ329
    Web Price (May 5-28) œ296.10
    Save a ton on a road race bike capable of covering maximum miles at maximum speed. With its lightweight alloy frame and carbon fork, and its Shimano Sora Dual Control transmission, it's little wonder the Conti Race was voted Budget Bike of the Year (Cycling Plus Jan 05). Sizes: S, M or L.

Revolution Continental Race Women's '06
    Was œ399 Now œ329
    The women's version of our award-winning road bike has a more compact frame. This places the narrower width bars within easier reach, while the shorter cranks help ensure zero toe overlap, hence safety.

Revolution Country '06
    Was œ399 Now œ329
    'Anyone after a budget touring bike should put this on their shortlist. It's excellent value for money: a traditional touring bike for just œ399.'
    So said Cycle (the CTC magazine) in April 2005. Wonder what they would make of this final fantastic clear-out price? Small size only.

Revolution Cuillin Sport '06
    Was œ249 Now œ209
    Web Price (May 5-28) œ188.10
    Lifetime-guaranteed aluminium frame, 75mm-travel suspension fork, Shimano 24-speed EZ Fire gear shifting and Tioga tyres: Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op proves once again that you needn't spend a fortune to enjoy the authentic mountain bike experience. Sizes: 18 or 22".

Revolution Cadence '06
    Was œ199 Now œ159
    Web Price (May 5-28) œ143.10
    Our women's-specific mountain bike has a shorter top tube. This makes the bars higher and within closer-reach, so there's less weight on the wrists, less pressure from the saddle, and you don't have to strain your neck to look up and enjoy the view. Cadence = comfortable bike + comfortable price. 16" only.

Mayday Mayday Price Revolution - Child Trailer
    Revolution Roller
    Was œ119 Now œ99
    Web Price (May 5-28) œ89.10
    If you want to teach youngsters that motors are not necessarily the way to go, a good start would be to take them out in a Roller. Our two-child-totin' chariot exudes presence (safety first!) when you're on the road, yet towing a Roller barely alters the handling of your pilot bike.

Mayday Mayday Price Revolution - Accessories

Cat Eye HL-EL510 Front Lamp
    Was œ39.95
    Now œ15.95
    Web Price (May 5-28) œ14.35
    800 candle power. To put this offer into context, the brightest Cat Eye you can usually purchase for œ14.95 is the 50-candlepower HL-EL120.

Specialized Chamonix Helmet '06
    Was œ29.95 Now œ15.95
    'As good as a lot of top whack hats. Value 9/10.' WhatMountainBike: February 2006. (Comes in Red/Black in S, M or L.)

Kryptonite Twinpack
    Was œ29.95
    Now œ13.95
    Web Price (May 5-28) œ12.55
    The classic Kryptonite Kryptolok U-lock to secure your frame + a Kryptoflex cable to immobilise your wheels or to tether the bike to a lamppost = one hard bargain.

Revolution Air Mini Pump
    Was œ12.95 Now œ7.95
    Web Price (May 5-28) œ7.15
    Looking for a pump with a thumblock Clever Valve that automatically detects whether your tube's valve is Presta or Schraeder? One with a T-handle that offers more purchase every stroke? One that offers all that and doesn't set you back around 20 quid? It's time for a Revolution.

Revolution Transit Hard Case
    Was œ149.95 Now œ109.95
    Web Price (May 5-28) œ98.95
    Protect your bike from baggage mishandling.
    'The Revolution Case was tough and easy to cart around.... At half the price of the competition, it's a bargain if keeping your pride and joy safe from knocks when travelling is a priority.'
    Cycling Plus: April 2007.

Ergon MR1 Grips
    Were œ28.95 Now œ15.95
    Possibly the most comfortable handlebar grips ever made for flat or riser bars, Ergon Handlebar Grips feature a flat section to fully support the heel of the hand and a pair of integral mini bar ends to facilitate a welcome alternative hand hold.

Mayday Mayday Price Revolution - Clothing

Specialized Body Geometry Mitts '06 Men's
    Were œ14.95 Now œ7.95
    Web Price (May 5-28) œ7.15
    Pick up this bargain and you will have your hands on 2 of the most highly evolved cycling accessories available. Gel padding alleviates pressure on the ulnar nerve, thus helping prevent cyclists' palsy.

Specialized Body Geometry Gel Mitts '06 Women's
    Were œ24.95 Now œ10.95
    Web Price (May 5-28) œ9.85
    More gel cushioned than, say, the BG Sport, Specialized call this their most plush mitt. That's saying a lot, coming from the Body Geometry people - the world experts in protecting your bicycle contact zones.

Revolution Blades
    Were œ19.95 Now œ12.95
    Web Price (May 5-28) œ11.65
    Celebrate summer with a great value pair of UV-blocking shades. 'The best cycling glasses I've tested, offering change from a œ20 note.' Cycling Plus.

Altura Trail Tee
    Was œ24.95 Now œ10.95
    Web Price (May 5-28) œ9.85
    A sound alternative to wearing clammy clobber when the heat is on: no common-or-garden T, the Altura Trail is is a panel-cut cycling jersey (zipped back pocket!) in a soft fabric that wicks like a candle to promote maximum comfort, no sweat.
    M-XXL.

• ysarn
    ysarn Posts: 189
    Ritchey WCS Full Carbon Fork from Chainreactioncycles, œ150 down from œ350.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=17906
  • ysarn
    ysarn Posts: 189
    Oh and Carbon bars to match, œ120 down from œ220.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=17223
  • wastelander
    wastelander Posts: 557
    Race Scene - Barnsley. Somec Titano framset reduced from œ1900 to œ1100

One more turn of the wheels...just one!
  • craigwend
    craigwend Posts: 321
    Altura Dolomite Jacket

œ39.95

http://www.freetownsports.co.uk/products.php?cat=100

Space to rent '......................................................' reasonable offers only.

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t6/craigwend
    There's always www.cyclechat.co.uk
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    I just paid œ599 for a Specialized Allez Sport.

Saving œ130[:D][8D]

Any autherised Specialized dealer should be able to do it while stocks last

Mines coming from my Local LBS, Paul's Bikes in Hitchin

Richard

Best thing I ever bought for a bike?
    Padded shorts![:D]
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • Marin Bear Valley on th'ebay right now. 'grd and (rear) rack mounts. Make an excellent base for a 26" wheel tourer (or hack, but looks a bit nice for that). Unless the Marin-anoraks (sorry, enthusiasts) go for it (and I don't know enough about Marins to guess), doubt that it'll go to more than 150 quid.

Usual disclaimer (and having just acquired a Marin Ti I shan't be bidding!).

d.j.
    "Not much to see,
    Not much left to lose"
  • Anyone used these
    http://www.discountbicycles.co.uk
    eg
    Claude Butler Cape Wrath 2006 œ339

http://www.discountbicycles.co.uk/biz/p ... xProd=2877

Europe
    http://europejibi.googlepages.com