Photography Thread

Comments

• briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 18,115

I do remember that I liked the slightly random in focus/out-of-focus that the depth-of-field caused by the auto settings created in my photo... it's a bit like minimalist music, in that it's repetitive, but also not repetitive at all... kind of draws one in, but there's nothing specific to look at.

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,830
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,584

^Lens flare looks good^

Bluebells. Hooray!

Not wanting to ruin the illusion, but not in the woods, in the verge.

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,926

Rumours of the Aurora kicking off. Anyone got a more reliable site than FB? I know there was one posted before.

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • briantrumpet

DTT (Devon tourist tat) - it stayed dark grey rather longer than forecast, but I was glad to have set off when I did: you can see where it all changed for the better in this shot.

• pblakeney

Never mind. According to the sites I found you'd have to be in the Shetlands. Bloody FB! 🤬

Veronese68 wrote:
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,629
  • briantrumpet

I probably ought to have been listening to the person who was talking to me rather than eyeing up this shot behind them...

• pblakeney
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,629
  • masjer

Impromptu moon with substandard moon shot gear. Taken with 10MP camera, 2X tele-converter, and a vintage prime. Cropped to within an inch of its life, then SHAaarpened. Not too shabby.

• pblakeney

Liked as I can appreciate the amount of work that's gone into it to achieve the result.

Simply spending thousands on gear makes the achievement easy but possibly less satisfactory. 😉

Veronese68 wrote:
  • masjer

Might try a lower in the sky effort with some sort of foreground. Or get me something like this😉

• rjsterry

Only taken with a phone so nowhere near as much detail, but I think the halo of cloud came out well.

Pinnacle Monzonite

• briantrumpet

One or two nice ones in the late afternoon light in Topsham...

• masjer

He turned it up to 11 this evening.

Crocuses.

• masjer

More bluebells. Same verge, different lens.

• briantrumpet

Flowers from me too, from yesterday:

• masjer

My latest acquisition, a silky smooth oldie (1961) in virtually unmarked condition -a lucky find. The lump on the side is a cocking lever that actuates the aperture mechanism, redundant on digital, but who wouldn’t enjoy fiddling with a cocking lever?  All this and picked up for next to nothing. 

Now the difficult bit, finding something to photograph…in the rain.

• pblakeney

1st shot is quite clever. 👏👏👏

Veronese68 wrote:
  • masjer

Cheers. A bit rushed. I tried to get the writing on the lens in focus as well as the flowers in the centre, whilst keeping the backgroud blurred. Two out of three.

• rjsterry

More intriguing than photography, but this was pulled out from behind a skirting board on one of my projects.

Pinnacle Monzonite

• briantrumpet

In Exeter Cathedral again for a concert... and took the chance to photograph the new flooring in the quire (that's the spelling they use, along with 'virgers'), that'll still be there when I'm long gone.

• briantrumpet

That's more or less the era when I bought the Times occasionally, as I perceived it as being slightly superior to the parents' daily Telegraph. A pity I didn't keep any, in retrospect.

• masjer

Actual sunshine today...back to rain again tomorrow😣.

• briantrumpet

Ha, I've realised that in the middle photo, which I did on vertical panorama, my movement must have been imperfect, as you can see my jiggles in the floor on the lower part. I must admit I'm pleased with the trumpet one: the reflection of one colleague on the bell of another colleague's trumpet. If you can read music, you can also work out what the (famous) piece is.

Have been working while it was sunny today, and cheesed off at the change of tomorrow's forecast from sunny all day (as predicted on Friday) to glooooooooomy all day.

• briantrumpet

Nothing photographically interesting, but thanks to a closed road, I decided to revisit the view from my kitchen in the late 80s. Stunning stunning view of Dartmoor, but the coldest house I've ever lived in. The toilet froze over in the night one winter ('86 or '88, I forget which).

• briantrumpet

Given the only photos I've taken today have been of the cloudy scene from my top floor and of the armchair from Ikea that I've assembled (oh, and the extremely tatty chair it replaced), you'd better have the cloudy scene.

(I wouldn't normally take a photo of a tatty chair, but I'm trying to persuade someone local to take it away for free as a reupholstery project, as it's a really comfortable Parker Knoll, and the 50-year-old frame is still in great nick.)

• rjsterry
    Pinnacle Monzonite