The official TrainerRoad thread

1131132133134135137»

Comments

• navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,847
    I am looking to configure my Elemnt to display the basic TrainerRoad data so I can use it instead of my phone or laptop. I am using a Kickrcore.

So target and actual cadence / power plus HR and times.

Is this feasible and is there a guide anywhere?

I have asked the same on the Wahoo Google forum.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    You could use the outdoor workouts functionality - this will push the workout to your head unit for you to follow (with power targets, durations etc.). I don't believe it will control your trainer (although not sure), but it would enable you to at least follow the workouts: https://support.trainerroad.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024352332-Outside-Workouts

I believe it's possible for the head unit to control the trainer but I don't know how to do that with TR.
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,847
    edited March 2021

I believe it's possible for the head unit to control the trainer but I don't know how to do that with TR.

It is possible to control the trainer. I think I have to load workouts from TR (the accounts are now linked) and I select ERG mode with the head unit set to Indoor.

The workouts have to be planned so the TR calendar needs to be populated with your training plan.

However there seems to multiple Power fields etc which make configuring the screen a challenge. I am sure I can't be the first to ask if the TR basics can be replicated on the head unit.

SORTED
    Once I wash able to push TR scheduled sessions to Wahoo the screen changed to something I could work with. Not as good as a large mobile or tablet but workable.

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    On the above, there was something on the last podcast and now on the blog about how they like to configure Wahoo and Garmin screens for TR workouts - could be handy.

Just started my first Plan Builder plan (having previously used full plans) to take me up to the Rapha Prestige in August. While I am waiting for Adaptive Training!!
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,485
    And here we go again, first ramp test and SS workout completed.

Looking forward to six months of structured training and letting rip next Spring.

Oh and I need to lose 14 lbs.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu