Cadex, I hear you say? 2nd coolest bike on here, you say?

123457»

Comments

• masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,578
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

i remember that one. the hardener had gone off so he ended up using Pritt stick and a load of lollipop sticks.

Rubber bands. They turned out to improve the stiffness of the frame.

MattFalle said:

i remember that one. the hardener had gone off so he ended up using Pritt stick and a load of lollipop sticks.

mec, a pot of hair gel (wet look for the true 80s feeling) would improve the stiffness of that frame...
    I preferred 'Black and white', coconut.
    when i lived in Crewe i used to get pots of black and white from the geezer who hacked up my hair on a regular basis.

put it in, it never came out. had to wash hair with Fairy liquid.
    Is that why the crewe cut was invented?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,459
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

mec, a pot of hair gel (wet look for the true 80s feeling) would improve the stiffness of that frame...
    when i lived in Crewe i used to get pots of black and white from the geezer who hacked up my hair on a regular basis.

Yes, I remember washing my hair out periodically with detergent.
    I stank of B&W hair wax and Marlboro red.
    In the years when I had hair and used to pull.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Yes, I remember washing my hair out periodically with detergent.
    I stank of B&W hair wax and Marlboro red.
    In the years when I had hair and used to pull.
    exactly the same here plus happy hour pints of dodgy bitter followed by cavorting with dubious young ladies.

leaving smeary ming marks on pillows, destroying the inside of motorbike helmets. not having your hair move even in a gale force wind.

it really is/was gooey horrid sludge.

went through a Brylcreem stage as well - not sure what that was all abaht, tbh.....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    I loved the smell of B&W. Thankfully, never did go down the Teddy boy Brylcreem route.
    Saturday was half price bottled beer in the Balloon factory between 8 and 9. You learnt to keep bottle tops, wear long coats, buy extra beer and sneak it out.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,894
    pinno said:

I loved the smell of B&W. Thankfully, never did go down the Teddy boy Brylcreem route.
    Saturday was half price bottled beer in the Balloon factory between 8 and 9. You learnt to keep bottle tops, wear long coats, buy extra beer and sneak it out.

I can see how you've managed to fit in with the Scots. 🤣
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle
    I remember doing some work with some Glasweigian R.E.

We all decided one Saturday to go to a small town, find a pub, have some beers - 7/10 on the beer scale as we had work to do the next day.

They all snuck bottles of Jagemeister into the pub and we swigging them while drinking beer, got slaughtered and started fighting wach other.

I had on in A&E because he decided to punchfuck out of a post box. The post box won.

and they moaned at me for selling ciggies to people in the smoking area.

All fun n games, eh...

• pinno
    pblakeney said:

pinno said:

I can see how you've managed to fit in with the Scots. 🤣
    The Scots (and Narden Eyerish) do not skimp when it comes to drinking. They think nothing of going and getting bladdered and easily blowing a ton in the process.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

I remember doing some work with some Glasweigian R.E.

We all decided one Saturday to go to a small town, find a pub, have some beers - 7/10 on the beer scale as we had work to do the next day.

They all snuck bottles of Jagemeister into the pub and we swigging them while drinking beer, got slaughtered and started fighting wach other.

I had on in A&E because he decided to punchfuck out of a post box. The post box won.

and they moaned at me for selling ciggies to people in the smoking area.

All fun n games, eh...

"I fought the post box and the post box won".

Not much of a fighter when i'm drunk - everyone's friend.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    edited February 2022
    MF mate: Punches Post Box
    PostBox: "return to sender"
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • MattFalle
    Ah, mate, it were carnage.

You and I both know what its like when a bunch of my lot go out - out but yhis wasn't so much a drunk bomb going off, it was total carnage and, allegedly, a quiet night.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,485

exactly the same here plus happy hour pints of dodgy bitter followed by cavorting with dubious young ladies.

leaving smeary ming marks on pillows,

it really is/was gooey horrid sludge.

went through a Brylcreem stage as well - not sure what that was all abaht, tbh.....

Was this the way one of your ladies made comment on your bedroom skills as a lover, ming marks on your pillow or do have you a fetish for fish as well as vintage bicycles?
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    napoleond said:

MF mate: Punches Post Box
    PostBox: "return to sender"

Yay, it's NapD. Where the hell have you been?
    Your jokes haven't improved :smiley:
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Damn. I’ve been away working on that joke for YEARS.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,204
    Clearing the daft draft.