Critérium du Dauphiné 2021 ***Spoilers***

1234568»

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,880
    Thomas crashes mucking around for Porte
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,803
    Geraint seems to have dropped Porte, yellow jersey group split in half with a few seconds between and Porte having to do the work in the second half.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,043
    Pross said:

He's now showing as being the leader again. Very strange. Kruijswijk looked to be flying when I turned on and I thought the gap it was showing he had on the peloton was wrong but seemingly not as he he has been 'reabsorbed' as Carlton would say.

Dodgy GPS signals
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,624
    G getting back in.
  • blazing_saddles
    Padun celebrating his win just after the flamme rouge.
  • Pross
    Well that was underwhelming in GC terms. Porte did well to control things whilst waiting for Geraint to get back but the efforts were very half hearted.

Padun going full Pantani for consecutive stage wins. Looks horrible on the bike though.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,995
    He made the rest look very normal ... They didn't seem to have it once Porte was isolated.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    The weekend stages delivered pretty much naf all in terms of GC action.

Memo to Geraint: When descending bendy cols, best to look where you are going, not for little, yellow Australians. :p
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Well that was underwhelming in GC terms. Porte did well to control things whilst waiting for Geraint to get back but the efforts were very half hearted.

Padun going full Pantani for consecutive stage wins. Looks horrible on the bike though.

Padun was a bit remarkable .. two massive sustained efforts
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Padun was on the rivet for a hour+ ?
  • mididoctors
    Gaudu needs to lose time if he wants do something in the hills in July
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,169
    Most World Tour/ProTour One Week Stage race wins since the creation of the ProTour in 2006

8 Porte
    7 Contador, Valverde
    6 Roglic
    5 Froome, Quintana
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,399
    #ShitSmallRaces ;)

Good on ya Ritchie. Made it mildly entertaining.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    RichN95. said:

Most World Tour/ProTour One Week Stage race wins since the creation of the ProTour in 2006

8 Porte
    7 Contador, Valverde
    6 Roglic
    5 Froome, Quintana

I remember so few of those . I remember Porte's Paris nice? What were the others?... Btw I did I tell you about my ride with Cavendish
  • RichN95.

RichN95. said:

8 Porte
    7 Contador, Valverde
    6 Roglic
    5 Froome, Quintana

I remember so few of those . I remember Porte's Paris nice? What were the others?... Btw I did I tell you about my ride with Cavendish

Paris-Nice twice, Down Under twice, Romandie, Switzerland, Catalunya and now the Dauphine. He probably shoul have won the Basque Tour too, but Quintana did the best TT of his life
  • jimmyjams
    jimmyjams Posts: 726
    RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

8 Porte
    7 Contador, Valverde
    6 Roglic
    5 Froome, Quintana

Paris-Nice twice, Down Under twice, Romandie, Switzerland, Catalunya and now the Dauphine. He probably shoul have won the Basque Tour too, but Quintana did the best TT of his life
    Complete list (I think) of riders who have won all of those in bold above: Eddy Merckx and ..... Richie Porte
  • mididoctors
    edited June 2021
    Ignore
  • RichN95.
    jimmyjams said:

Complete list (I think) of riders who have won all of those in bold above: Eddy Merckx and ..... Richie Porte

Merckx couldn't master Wilunga Hill though, could he
  • Pross
    RichN95. said:

jimmyjams said:

Merckx couldn't master Wilunga Hill though, could he
    Was going to say those TdU victories make Porte officially better than Merckx.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,399
    edited June 2021
    Cyclists: We're really just not very manly are we? Part 45, 472

We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    bones
  • mididoctors
    Hackney smash