Critérium du Dauphiné 2021 ***Spoilers***

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    A few people in the chase group with handy sprints who wouldn't normally get a chance....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Carlton shrieking about an thoroughly ordinary turn...
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    edited May 2021

Postelburger Wins

...and takes yellow.

Colbrelli comfortably best of the rest behind them...again

Some guy called Valverde in 3rd

Bahrain need to work out how to chase
    - @ddraver
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Back to calculating school for Bahrain and the rest.
    Never really in doubt.
    Valverde nicks 4 seconds for 3rd.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    Bahrain aren't very good at this are they?
  • Pross
    Froome in the yellow jersey group over 3 minutes down.
  • blazing_saddles
    Blimey, are all the hair dressers still closed in Austria?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,805
    Pross said:

Froome in the yellow jersey group over 3 minutes down.

That's an actual improvement by him .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Nothing like a bit of confidence.

Interviewer: "Did you expect that?"
    Postleburger: "Yes actually, I looked at the route a few weeks ago and planned it"
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    Pross said:

Bahrain aren't very good at this are they?

To be fair to them it's unusual for Colbrelli to be the best sprinter in the race.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    Carlton today suggesting Geraint was going to lead out Kwia in the sprint when Kwia was already out the back and came in over 5 minutes down. I assume he'd had an issue as you would expect him to be up there on a stage like this. Might explain why Ineos dropped off the front.

Smith now seems to have given up and just agrees with anything Carlton says for an easy life.
  • huret
    huret Posts: 62
    On France 3, Thomas Voekler commentating on a motorbike, kept calling Archibold 'Arbold'. Strange because his English is excellent.
    Savoie between the Glandon and the Madeleine.
  • blazing_saddles
    Pross said:

Carlton today suggesting Geraint was going to lead out Kwia in the sprint when Kwia was already out the back and came in over 5 minutes down. I assume he'd had an issue as you would expect him to be up there on a stage like this. Might explain why Ineos dropped off the front.

Smith now seems to have given up and just agrees with anything Carlton says for an easy life.

I thought he bettered that by naming the Trek rider on the attack as Kenny Elissonde, when in fact it was Jasper Stuyven.
    Understandable really, given they have such a similar body size.
  • chris_ne
    chris_ne Posts: 17

No all open here with a test (free) or vaccine or recovery antibodies!
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,036
    huret said:

On France 3, Thomas Voekler commentating on a motorbike, kept calling Archibold 'Arbold'. Strange because his English is excellent.

You should have listened to the 10 minutes my colleagues spent trying to pronounce "Graham/Graeme" today. The word is completely impossible for Francophones.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Grim, at a guess? With a throaty gr
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    My amusing one was our Italian friends who called Harry and Ed; 'Arry and HHead (extra emphasis on the H).
  • RichN95.
    davidof said:

huret said:

You should have listened to the 10 minutes my colleagues spent trying to pronounce "Graham/Graeme" today. The word is completely impossible for Francophones.

They still struggle with Geraint
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    davidof said:

huret said:

That's my name - I find lots of people struggle to pronounce it, even other English speakers like Americans. They seem to say it sort of "Graa'm" and don't really understand it how an English person would say it. I once had "Grem" on a coffee cup in the US.
  • Pross

Pross said:

I thought he bettered that by naming the Trek rider on the attack as Kenny Elissonde, when in fact it was Jasper Stuyven.
    Understandable really, given they have such a similar body size.
    Yeah couldn't believe that. My rider identification is poor but even I could spot that was wrong!
  • bobmcstuff
    I quite like how my French colleagues pronounce it. Like a very French "gram".
  • Pross
    chris_ne said:

Someone needs to let Postleburger know!
  • RichN95.
    Pross said:

chris_ne said:

Someone needs to let Postleburger know!

Maybe he went to the one Daniel Oss recommended to him
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,750

My amusing one was our Italian friends who called Harry and Ed; 'Arry and HHead (extra emphasis on the H).

When Québécois are talking about the car they say ‘Onda H’accord. Always made me smile.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • ddraver

davidof said:

huret said:

That's my name - I find lots of people struggle to pronounce it, even other English speakers like Americans. They seem to say it sort of "Graa'm" and don't really understand it how an English person would say it. I once had "Grem" on a coffee cup in the US.
    Ye...your not called Bob then..? 😟
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    He'll be saying his surname isn't McStuff too. Still us cycling fans are used to being deceived
  • bobmcstuff
    ddraver said:

davidof said:

huret said:

Ye...your not called Bob then..? 😟
    Is your surname raver...

Nah bobmcstuff comes from a Hotmail account I made at school twenty years ago... Then was on the old MBUK forum. I just use it for everything online now.
  • bobmcstuff
    Pross said:

He'll be saying his surname isn't McStuff too. Still us cycling fans are used to being deceived

:D
  • ddraver
    McStuff is fair enough, but not even Bob??
    - @ddraver
  • bobmcstuff
    Yeah no. I don't really know where it came from to be honest, to be fair I was 13...