Giro 2020 - Stage 15: Rivolto – Piancavallo 185 km *Spoilers*

12346»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,602
    Why is the Vuelta starting mid week? Is it shorter than normal or also finishing mid week?
  • Pross said:

Why is the Vuelta starting mid week? Is it shorter than normal or also finishing mid week?

18 stages instead of 21- missing the first three stages in Netherlands and today is the first rest day.
  • Pross said:

Shorter than normal, didn't replace the first few stages that were due to be in Portugal (?)
  • Pross said:

Shorter than normal, didn't replace the first few stages that were due to be in Portugal (?)
    The two stages going into Portugal are in the third week, and have been changed to be wholly in Spain.
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408
    Can't believe anyone is questions Tao on celebrating his first GT stage win. Get a life.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,819
    edited October 2020
    jimmyjams said:

But sadly lacking in these.

(then follows photos of foods)

Sorry that I had no pictures in my local food post, but well done to Blazing for providing some, albeit untitled, namely of:
    polenta with cheese
    ham and figs
    Gubana cake
    slices of Musetto sausage
    lamb stew
    The ham has just made a second appearance in stage 16.

Just got around to watching this stage and I actually managed to avoid spoilers.
    TGH is looking better and better.
    I don't think you can say that about any of the other GC contenders with the possible exception of Jai Hindley.
    Kelderman is bound to have a bad day at some point.
    Almeida is losing his edge.
    Fuglsang is being Gran Tour Fuglsang: underwhelming.
    The Shark is losing his teeth due to old aged.
    Majka and Konrad are shoe ins for 5th and 6th.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,042

I suspect if TGH were a seasoned GC rider he'd have attacked earlier and gone for a decent time gap but can't blame him for making sure he took the win.

I think he was letting Hindley slog his guts out.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,333
    davidof said:

I suspect if TGH were a seasoned GC rider he'd have attacked earlier and gone for a decent time gap but can't blame him for making sure he took the win.

I think he was letting Hindley slog his guts out.
    Agree, the top of the climb, bar a short section near the finish, was pretty flat and they were quick on it. I don't think there was much scope for an earlier attack.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format