Comments

• Nice one Tao.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,148
    Nibali group lose 1'36"
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    Pro wheelsucking by the hackney lad
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited October 2020
    If there's a large batch of Covid positives tomorrow and the race is cancelled, Kelderman will kick himself for not doing a turn.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    McNulty probably went too deep yesterday. Loses 2'43"
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Cor, bloomin' Tao wins as well.

This is a fun day!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    Ineos should fire their GT stars. They are now riding with panache
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Tao right in the mix now.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    RichN95. said:

If there's a large batch of Covid positives tomorrow and the race is cancelled, Kelderman will kick himself for not doing a turn.

He had nothing to give
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • Pross
    RichN95. said:

I think he was bluffing a bit, didn't have any response to TGH (who I think could have gone solo earlier).
  • Ineos really showing just what a range of talent they have in their ranks, most of whom never get their chance to go for it.
  • Pross
    One second off the podium. Should have held off the celebration.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Nice win from TGH, and brave ride by Almeida. TGH for the podium?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Should Ineos marshal around Tao for GC now? He looks like he's got it on the climbs and its a hard final week.
  • Pross
    Three young jersey riders in the top 4.
  • Pross
    RichN95. said:

Not as much as TGH will for the long celebration.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Hell of a ride by Hindley, too
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

RichN95. said:

I think he was bluffing a bit, didn't have any response to TGH (who I think could have gone solo earlier).
    Yep ... Risky to try though.. did the right thing .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • cq20
    cq20 Posts: 207
    Still a 2:57 gap for TGH to get the pink. That’s a huge challenge even allowing for the 3rd week bit and his good form
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Three young jersey riders in the top 4.

Crazy stuff
  • Pross

Should Ineos marshal around Tao for GC now? He looks like he's got it on the climbs and its a hard final week.

Not sure who they have to support him. Swift and Castro seem to be making it to the final climb but will be limited what they can do. May as well stick to getting a rider or two up the road and taking the pressure off.
  • Pross
    cq20 said:

Still a 2:57 gap for TGH to get the pink. That’s a huge challenge even allowing for the 3rd week bit and his good form

I think Almeida is going to crack, not sure Kelderman will have a bad day though (or that Tao can do that all week).
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    cq20 said:

Seems a bridge too far to win it, especially if some stages are curtailed in week 3.

• Pross
    I wonder if Tao put everything out there in the first TT?
  • flite
    flite Posts: 225
    Anyone know if Narvaes got up and is still in the race?
  • notquite6foot
    notquite6foot Posts: 248
    edited October 2020
    Tao's interview just then suggested he's abandoned.

EDIT: Confirmed by INEOS Twitter.
  • mididoctors
    Very on message interview from Tao ... I know he has more to say given a few more years
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Not sure who they have to support him. Swift and Castro seem to be making it to the final climb but will be limited what they can do. May as well stick to getting a rider or two up the road and taking the pressure off.
    Tactic Just follow wilco .
  • mididoctors

Tao's interview just then suggested he's abandoned.

EDIT: Confirmed by INEOS Twitter.

Why?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Tao correctly saying that everyone of Ineos has been in the top 4 of a stage. Only Swift and Thomas haven't been in the top 2.
    Twitter: @RichN95