Chris Froome

Comments

• Dorset Boy wrote:
    Not forgetting he still (just about) has tan lines, so must be out riding his bike each day.

You can see the sleeve of the plain black kit he wears for that just on the right of the frame

Deffo suss
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    Not forgetting he still (just about) has tan lines, so must be out riding his bike each day.

You can see the sleeve of the plain black kit he wears for that just on the right of the frame

Deffo suss

And his legs are still smooth. No need to shave or wax if youre not riding and difficult to do yourself with a broken neck and legs. Deffo Suss

#suss
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Love the expression on the lion's face. He's definitely looking at that thumb and wondering where it's going.
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    You guys lol
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    mamil314 wrote:
    You guys lol
    You say that but I guarantee someone will have made those points in earnest on Twitter
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I'm certain Froome is trolling, Notice how each picture shows just a little bit more.

Eventually, they'll get to see the leg with the external metalwork going into the femur etc. As soon as they Holywood effect studio add it to the photograph obviously.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    It's now official. Screenshot (done by someone else) of the UCI website

D_tD2rWXkAoYCKk.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,471
    RichN95 wrote:

D_tD2rWXkAoYCKk.jpg

Which highlights the rule that only the podium positions are adjusted ie no one finished 4th.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,630
    Hadn't realised Froome was so much younger than Wiggins. Thought they were only a couple of years apart for some reason.
  • RichN95.
    Froome also inherits the Combination jersey which means that he has won a second jersey in four of his seven GC wins.
    Pross wrote:
    Hadn't realised Froome was so much younger than Wiggins. Thought they were only a couple of years apart for some reason.
    Yet Andy Schleck, who won his last race before Froome won his first, is one month younger than Froome

I'm very fond of that stat. Also Gary Oldman is two weeks younger than Gary Numan
  • Javier d'Abernon
    @vayerism
    Froome is back on a bike 35 days after piercing his thigh and his skin as his femur snapped in two.

That's incredible
  • Think someone is playing to his followers with a tweet like that
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,824
    Lucky that Mollema got ahead of Menchov, otherwise it would make a joke out of proceedings.
    Javier d'Abernon
    @vayerism
    Froome is back on a bike 35 days after piercing his thigh and his skin as his femur snapped in two.

That's incredible

Aye, on one leg apparently, but the tinfoilers are already talking about a Vuelta return for "ET"....
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    hes going to have one massive leg and one string and titanium prop. Good on him for being back training.
  • gsk82
    Cobo's presence completely changed that race. Without him there i doubt Froome would've been allowed to leave Wiggins' side and Wiggins would've won.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • RichN95.
    gsk82 wrote:
    Cobo's presence completely changed that race. Without him there i doubt Froome would've been allowed to leave Wiggins' side and Wiggins would've won.
    This is almost certainly true. However, it was also clear that Froome was better than Wiggins in that race, so may Cobo helped the right man win.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Lucky that Mollema got ahead of Menchov, otherwise it would make a joke out of proceedings.
    Javier d'Abernon
    @vayerism

That's incredible

Aye, on one leg apparently, but the tinfoilers are already talking about a Vuelta return for "ET"....
    Hehe, anyone got any good Twitter links?
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    RichN95 wrote:

D_tD2rWXkAoYCKk.jpg

Bauke 'Fucking SRAM!' Mollema! Glad for him
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,344
    I think there is a huge psychological benefit for him to get back on the bike (stationary) asap. Gives him hope and purpose that that is what he is meant to be doing and the crash will not be a career ender. Recovery works so much better with a goal and real purpose in life.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Super happy for Bauke. He has been very funny about it.

Screen-Shot-2019-07-18-at-14-14-35.png
    infiniti q50s 0 60
    Correlation is not causation.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    RichN95 wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:
    This is almost certainly true. However, it was also clear that Froome was better than Wiggins in that race, so may Cobo helped the right man win.

That sums it up nicely for me.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • The Nodder
    The Nodder Posts: 33
    RichN95 wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:

...you could equally argue that Wiggins only blew up in the time trial because he was chasing an impossible time to beat the druggies.
    With no freakish climber results coming in over the radio, there’s a chance Wiggins would have paced himself like he reliably did for every other time trial in 2011 (and 2010 and 2012), and achieved his expected result - close to Tony Martin, and a minute ahead of Froome instead of half a minute behind.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    The Nodder wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:

...you could equally argue that Wiggins only blew up in the time trial because he was chasing an impossible time to beat the druggies.
    With no freakish climber results coming in over the radio, there’s a chance Wiggins would have paced himself like he reliably did for every other time trial in 2011 (and 2010 and 2012), and achieved his expected result - close to Tony Martin, and a minute ahead of Froome instead of half a minute behind.

What on earth are you talking about?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    Love CF's quote within here...

https://www.teamineos.com/article/froom ... 5qz6o47MWY

"I guess it’s extra special too, because - even though it’s eight years on - it was Britain’s first Grand Tour win."

One in the eye for old bud Bradders.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725

"I guess it’s extra special too, because - even though it’s eight years on - it was Britain’s first Grand Tour win."

giphy.gif
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,630

Yeah, but Wiggins is still the first British Tour winner and the Tour is the only race that matters in the UK (outside of the Olympics). The Vuelta is just an end of season consolation / punishment race for those that failed to perform when it mattered.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392
    With Sean Yates on Bradley's podcast re-opening a lightly bandaged wound (ably abetted by Young Master Yates lobbing grenades into the conversation) I'm thinking that the cease fire twixt Wiggins and Froome may come to a crashing end very soon...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • gsk82
    The Nodder wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:

What on earth are you talking about?

Wiggins has previously stated that he blew up at the end of the tt cos he went off too hard. I think it finished with a climb.

However by that point i don't think there'd been any freakish results for him to worry about.
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    ddraver wrote:
    With Sean Yates on Bradley's podcast re-opening a lightly bandaged wound (ably abetted by Young Master Yates lobbing grenades into the conversation) I'm thinking that the cease fire twixt Wiggins and Froome may come to a crashing end very soon...

And Wiggins won’t give a sh1t, why should he? he’s having great fun at the Tour, is clearly popular in the peloton and free to say what he wants.

Froome will still be forced to sprout media friendly nonsense and try to get back to racing until he finally accepts defeat.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392
    Oh for sure...

Just think it could be fun for the few months after Froome retires. Shame RR isnt here for the fireworks... ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver