Shoot Small Races 2017 *May contain spoilers*

1235»

Comments

• pottssteve wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Everyone's favourite cyclo-pugilist covers himself in glory once again:
    P
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bouhanni-apologises-for-behaviour-after-paris-bourges/

Loved this bit of the article:

"Bouhanni had a verbal confrontation with race winner Rudy Barbier (AG2R-La Mondiale) soon after the finish line, which was caught on the cameras of several fans. Bouhanni, who has been a divisive

character in the peloton
    , had to be separated from Barbier by one of the AG2R La Mondiale team soigneurs as others watched on. He had initially said that he had nothing to say sorry about, but eventually posted a statement on both Facebook and Twitter after the race."

Bouhanni thinks he's right and everyone else thinks he's a d!ck.. :)

But have you seen the final sprint or is your post bandwagon cos everyone has a go at Bouhanni, just

asking like.

No, you are quite right, Frank. You can tell that I love jumping on the bandwagon by the way I post about such popular topics as the Sun Hung Kai Challenge.

I have had a good look at the video, which doesn't show anything untoward, although it is not very clear, unfortunately. However, as barely a week goes by without Bouhanni becoming embroiled in one disagreement or another, I will stand by my original assessment. Perhaps he should return to boxing as at least he's guaranteed to find someone to have a
    punch up with whenever he feels the urge...

Best,
    Steve

Can you post a link to the video Steve?
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    pottssteve wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Everyone's favourite cyclo-pugilist covers himself in glory once again:
    P
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bouhanni-apologises-for-behaviour-after-paris-bourges/

Loved this bit of the article:

"Bouhanni had a verbal confrontation with race winner Rudy Barbier (AG2R-La Mondiale) soon after the finish line, which was caught on the cameras of several fans. Bouhanni, who has been a divisive

character in the peloton
    , had to be separated from Barbier by one of the AG2R La Mondiale team soigneurs as others watched on. He had initially said that he had nothing to say sorry about, but eventually posted a statement on both Facebook and Twitter after the race."

Bouhanni thinks he's right and everyone else thinks he's a d!ck.. :)

But have you seen the final sprint or is your post bandwagon cos everyone has a go at Bouhanni, just

asking like.

No, you are quite right, Frank. You can tell that I love jumping on the bandwagon by the way I post about such popular topics as the Sun Hung Kai Challenge.

I have had a good look at the video, which doesn't show anything untoward, although it is not very clear, unfortunately. However, as barely a week goes by without Bouhanni becoming embroiled in one disagreement or another, I will stand by my original assessment. Perhaps he should return to boxing as at least he's guaranteed to find someone to have a
    punch up with whenever he feels the urge...

Best,
    Steve

Can you post a link to the video Steve?

I saw this one :

https://www.google.com.hk/url?sa=t&sour ... bZDDQhQkVK

Looks like Bouhanni got boxed in a bit as they round the corner, which is ironic...
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • Doesn't really show what Nacer is complaining about though.
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    So what if he got boxed in, its a fast finish to a cycle race... it happens.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • pottssteve
    Bo Duke wrote:
    So what if he got boxed in, its a fast finish to a cycle race... it happens.

Agreed. Didn't look as bad as this:

http://cycling-today.com/video-nacer-bo ... yclassics/
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,234
    Sam Bennetts's just won again in Tour of Turkey.
    They've got bike lanes and everything - far cry from when I cycled there about 15 years ago. Might've been worth considering for a cycling holiday if it weren't for the country's regime.
  • OCDuPalais wrote:
    Sam Bennetts's just won again in Tour of Turkey.

Clever boy. Does just enough at the Tour to win the major prize, then keeps his form for later in the season.

Chris who?
  • Sam Bennett is almost Kelly-esque in his domination in Turkey at the moment. Not too many, if any, have won 3 stages in a row at any stage race this year.

DD.
  • Sam Bennett is almost Kelly-esque in his domination in Turkey at the moment. Not too many, if any, have won 3 stages in a row at any stage race this year.

DD.

Its the Tour of Turkey

4 WT teams and a bunch of PC and Conti team, and no real competition on the sprinting front

Cmon

DD.

Its the Tour of Turkey

4 WT teams and a bunch of PC and Conti team, and no real competition on the sprinting front

Cmon

It's not his fault he is so much quicker than the rest of the field. He still has to go out and win each stage with his team. To get it right three days in a row is still notable.

DD.
  • I have watched it for four days now (thankfully only highlights) it' got to be the most boring race going, they awarded mountain points yesterday for coming off a motorway off ramp or so it seemed.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Sam Bennett is almost Kelly-esque in his domination in Turkey at the moment. Not too many, if any, have won 3 stages in a row at any stage race this year.

DD.

Its the Tour of Turkey

Cmon

It's not his fault he is so much quicker than the rest of the field. He still has to go out and win each stage with his team. To get it right three days in a row is still notable.

DD.

4 starts 4 wins

Last week he took the Sparkassen Münsterland Giro (1.HC) ahead of some top names

1Bennett Sam BORA - hansgrohe2001254:35:26

2Bauhaus Phil Team Sunweb 15085,,

3Greipel André Lotto Soudal12560,,

4Kittel Marcel Quick-Step Floors10050,,

5Groenewegen Dylan Team LottoNL-Jumbo8545,,

6Pelucchi Matteo BORA - hansgrohe7040,,

7Kristoff Alexander Team Katusha - Alpecin
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    Sat 14 October

TACX pro classic

online coverage here

http://www.omroepzeeland.nl/livetv
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Bennett wins again in Turkey
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    Not really cycling, but former Cannondale rider Cameron Wurf came 17th in the Ironman World Championships yesterday. Before being a cyclist he rowed for Australia at the Olympics. Now that's a proper all-rounder.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • pottssteve
    Just when you thought it was time to hang up your bib shorts for the winter, brace yourselves for the next big race of the year. China - that hotbed of pro-cycling (amongst other things) hosts the Tour of Guangxi:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tour-o ... 17/stages/

Doesn't appear to have a website, but there's a Fakebook page for all the latest gossip. See Twitter for complaints about air pollution, food, hotel beds etc....

Because it's World Tour status, there will be lots of big names riding, having been obliged to schlep their @rses all the way to China to end the season. Start list here:

http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html ... d=MjgyODk=

Some of them may even hang around for the Tour of Hainan, later in the month (although currently Typhoon Khanun is forecast to make landfall there in the next 24 hours, so let's hope it does't smash the place up too much).

I would be interested to know how much it costs to haul all the personnel, bikes, equipment etc. over here for this race, as I assume none of the teams have a service course in Asia. Also, I wonder whether they are expected to fund it all themselves or whether there is some form of sponsorship from the UCI, Wanda etc, as the smaller teams especially must find it an expensive trip.

Steve
  • Chrono des Nations today - capping off a great season
  • pottssteve
    Chrono des Nations today - capping off a great season

Indeed. Live here: http://chronodesnations.com/direct-du-dimanche

Women out on the course now.
  • pottssteve
    Gaviria wins Stage 1 in Guangxi:

1 Fernando Gaviria (Col) Quick-Step Floors 2:20:01
    2 Dylan Groenewegen (Ned) Team LottoNL-Jumbo
    3 Pascal Ackermann (Ger) Bora-Hansgrohe
    4 Max Walscheid (Ger) Team Sunweb
    5 Wouter Wippert (Ned) Cannondale-Drapac
    6 Andrea Guardini (Ita) UAE Team Emirates
    7 Danny van Poppel (Ned) Team Sky
    8 Dylan Page (Swi) Caja Rural-Seguros RGA
    9 Rick Zabel (Ger) Katusha-Alpecin
    10 Moreno Hofland (Ned) Lotto Soudal

bettiniphoto_0304108_1_2000px_670.jpg
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Bennett won 4 out of 7 stages in the Tour of Turkey, yet finished second in the points classification.

How the heck does that work?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    Timoid. wrote:
    Bennett won 4 out of 7 stages in the Tour of Turkey, yet finished second in the points classification.

A dumb points system that gives the top fifteen riders 15-14-13-12 etc points. So he was beaten by someone who had five top 4s - one 1st, two 2nds, a third and fourth
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    RichN95 wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:

A dumb points system that gives the top fifteen riders 15-14-13-12 etc points. So he was beaten by someone who had five top 4s - one 1st, two 2nds, a third and fourth

Sheesh. And I was annoyed that the Tour didn't give enough weighting to a stage win.

I guess he won't be too miffed at missing out on the green jersey as he is the Shoot Small Races King of green jerseys this year
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Can't find the results of this little beauty...
    https://www.wesharetheride.com/gigs/car-park-cannon-ball-maastricht/
    Half man, Half bike
  • pottssteve
    Well, I've been on the edge of my seat all week watching the Tour of Guangxi. Gaviria picked up 4 sprints to Groenewegen's one, while Tim Wellens takes the overall ahead of Bauke Mollema and Nicolas Roche.

Focus now moves south to the island of Hainan, with a 9 day tour of just over 1500 km, starting on 28th October. Alexey Lutsenko won last year for Astana, and the website doesn't appear to have been updated since then, so I can tell you bugg@r all else. Can't wait!