• Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    C-GvB-WXkAE401g.jpg

Today's Cicle Classic finish.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    :lol:

What's the story there then?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    So what happened to incense the One Pro rider? Or is he just a bad loser?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    There are claims Fleeman said he wouldn't sprint from what I've seen. How true that is I don't know, but even if you get stitched up, there are better ways to show your displeasure.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    andyp wrote:
    There are claims Fleeman said he wouldn't sprint from what I've seen. How true that is I don't know, but even if you get stitched up, there are better ways to show your displeasure.
    Why wouldn't he sprint? It's a one day race.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Really chuffed for Dan and the team. Check out the reaction

C-GwmsOW0AAPqvy?format=pjpg&name=large

After the race Dan presented the jersey to team boss Andy Swain

C-HGZfpXgAQanEV.jpg
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    RichN95 wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    Why wouldn't he sprint? It's a one day race.
    According to Cycling Weekly:
    “With a few kilometres remaining he said to me ‘are you going to sprint?’,” explained Fleeman. “But I thought he said to me ‘can you sprint?’ and I responded no because I can’t but with 300 metres to go I jumped.

“I don’t know what he thought I was going to do as it’s the biggest one-day race in the country, of course I’m going to sprint."

Whichever way you look at it McCormick comes out of it as a fool!
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,736
    Anyone watch it - did the Kiwi do all the work in the last few km - to be fair if Fleeman did say he wouldn't sprint if he got a tow to the line for second I could understand the reaction.

That said I'm pleased for him, mutual friends reckon he's a nice guy and he used to do the same chain gang as me years ago and that's about as close to that level as I'm likely to get.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    ToB route to be announced tomorrow. Cue "how can it be a tour of britain without going past my front door waaaa" responses.
  • ONE chased down a break didn't they - but so what?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    Really don't like ONE.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,231
    Warmed to Dan Fleeman when I saw him holding a pint outside a pub in Abergavenny as he watched the last lap of the 2009 Nat Champs RR that he'd just pulled of (the one where Wiggins and Froome went for a 2-up breakaway)... I've got a pic of it somewhere.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Dylan going well in Norway this week, two stage wins so far...

What a dirty sprinter!
    finish_small_web1-862x415.jpg?2605dd
    Half man, Half bike
  • wombly_knees
    wombly_knees Posts: 657
    Tour of Japan being streamed here.

https://freshlive.tv/cycling/108461

Getting into the main stages. Stage 4 today. Stage 6 is a 10km mass start climb up Mt Fuji. Day after is a stage around Izu, with only 2 hills of 150-200 metre altitude gain, but over 4000 metres of climbing in 150km.
  • wombly_knees
    Fairly simple thing which is standard in motorsport, but in these lap races, it's nice to have the live positions graphic on the screen
  • wombly_knees
    Aberasturi from team Ukyo won it. Ukyo have a strong team for this race with former WT riders Oscar Pujol and Nathan Earle.
  • wombly_knees
    Stage 5 finished off as a 20 man sprint despite late attacks by Oscar pujol and Ivan Garcia. Questionable, particularly, by Pujol considering the next two stages. Canola won again. Earle finished second. Fuji tomorrow, which may not get streamed because of signal issues there.
  • wombly_knees
    Pre race live now. One of the craziest stages in cycling.

https://freshlive.tv/cycling/108464
  • wombly_knees
    Images quite choppy, but Pujol leading by a margin with 4km to go. That's what I can discern, anyway. Weather's wet, and surroundings lush. After a month and a half of a desperately hot summer, I'd love that weather.
  • wombly_knees
    Pujol with a thumping win. 1:20+ second gain over, I think, Mir Samad Poursayedeh and nearly two minutes to his teammate Nathan Earle, who finished third.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    My favourite (mainly) Dutch stage race kicks off tomorrow:

https://www.sterzlmtoer.nl/home/en

Featuring some good quality teams, and Cofidis.

Fun Fact - this was Mark Cavendish's first multi-stage race win, back in 2012. However, it's not all flat as there is a challenging day in the Northern Ardennes as the queen stage on Saturday, which finishes on a dam, which is quite novel.

Sep Vanmarcke won it last year but is not defending. Previous winners tend to be sprinters (Cav, Greipel) or punchy riders who can also sprint a bit such as Phil Gilbert, Adam Hansen and Lars Boom. Greipel and Kittel both riding this year.

Steve
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • ridgerider
    Jumbo 'A' team attending. Guaranteed Roglic GC win!
    Half man, Half bike
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Niki Terpstra could go well. Groenewgen came close last year and is riding again in good form. Lars Bak can TT and could also do well. Would be great to see Pim Ligthart do well also.
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    Tour of Slovenia starts tomorrow and mark cavendish is back racing for team dimension data
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Ridgerider wrote:
    Jumbo 'A' team attending. Guaranteed Roglic GC win!

DCTA1NRXoAEOxWS.jpg:small
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ridgerider
    He IS quite good...off to the Tour after.
    Half man, Half bike
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,586
    Speaking of Lotto Jumbo - they are also sponsoring a car in Le Man - so guess who i'll be supporting Saturday night?
  • wombly_knees
    Kamui Kobayashi?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Sam Bennett takes stage 1 in Solvenia.
    Cav was there abouts but didn't really contest.
    Somebody totalled the barrier in the final 500 metres. Ended up completely wrapped in a banner as other riders piled over the top.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    Private Loubet won the first stage of Route du Sud for the French Army. Group of seven 22s back including Dillier, Mate, Finetto, Elissonde, Arroyo and Feillu. Peloton minutes back.
    Twitter: @RichN95