Vuelta 2017 line up.

1235»

Comments

• The_Boy wrote:
    Pozzovivio is having a blinding season and with Bardet....make it happen :)

"It" = cancelling the TT?

You've bought the mood of the place right down..... :)
  • EnacheV
    EnacheV Posts: 235
    Small training ride up the @otVALLOIRE yesterday #cycling
    @cameronwurf
    DGj6MrUWAAABUx4.jpg

didn't saw those legs in TdF

hopefully no bad luck and it can happen!

who is this guy who is training with him?
    https://twitter.com/otVALLOIRE/status/8 ... 1873431552
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    The_Boy wrote:
    Pozzovivio is having a blinding season and with Bardet....make it happen :)

"It" = cancelling the TT?

You've bought the mood of the place right down..... :)

Don't get me wrong. I would *love* it if Pozzo can do something.

article-1303386931128-0bb8e23000000578-914302_636x377.jpg
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,161
    EnacheV wrote:
    Small training ride up the @otVALLOIRE yesterday #cycling
    @cameronwurf
    DGj6MrUWAAABUx4.jpg

didn't saw those legs in TdF

hopefully no bad luck and it can happen!

who is this guy who is training with him?
    https://twitter.com/otVALLOIRE/status/8 ... 1873431552
    It was in the tweet you pasted - Cameron Wurf. Australian ex-pro who now does triathlons (also a one time Olympic rower)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • 'Pozzo ' - 2017 Liege 12th Giro GC 6 Swiss 4 Poland 6 Vuelta...?

2013 Domenico Pozzovivo (AG2R La Mondiale) was the big surprise of the 38.8km stage eleven time trial in the Vuelta a España today. The 30-year-old Italian climber, who has never showed much aptitude for the race against the clock before, finished third of the 186 starters, and was only beaten by four-time World champion Fabian Cancellara (RadioShack-Leopard) and current rainbow jersey Tony Martin (Omega Pharma-Quick Step)

:shock:
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,128
    'Pozzo ' - 2017 Liege 12th Giro GC 6 Swiss 4 Poland 6 Vuelta...?

2013 Domenico Pozzovivo (AG2R La Mondiale) was the big surprise of the 38.8km stage eleven time trial in the Vuelta a España today. The 30-year-old Italian climber, who has never showed much aptitude for the race against the clock before, finished third of the 186 starters, and was only beaten by four-time World champion Fabian Cancellara (RadioShack-Leopard) and current rainbow jersey Tony Martin (Omega Pharma-Quick Step)

I still think he took a shortcut and no-one noticed. It's the only logical explanation.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099

That was odd. Though iirc, he was one of only a couple of riders who races in a road bike rather than TT (something about team sponsor not making one small enough for him).

Though he may simply have taken a shortcut as suggested.

I do remember when he hit the first time check and the commentator was shocked - Sean Kelly calmly suggesting a problem with the timing chips.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy

2013:-

Vuelta-a-Espana-Stage-11-ITT-1376038030.png

2017:-

vuelta-a-espana-2017-stage-16-itt-logrono-1484252572.jpg

:wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • The_Boy wrote:

That was odd. Though iirc, he was one of only a couple of riders who races in a road bike rather than TT (something about team sponsor not making one small enough for him).

Though he may simply have taken a shortcut as suggested.

I do remember when he hit the first time check and the commentator was shocked - Sean Kelly calmly suggesting a problem with the timing chips.

That will forever be one of the most eyebrow-raising results over the last 5 years

2013:-

Vuelta-a-Espana-Stage-11-ITT-1376038030.png

2017:-

vuelta-a-espana-2017-stage-16-itt-logrono-1484252572.jpg

:wink:

Already checked the profile s 2013 was 500 m up in 20k. So not a climbers course Then 20 k very fast down - very little wind on that day. That sort of course still suited the power testers hence 1 and 2
    This year flatter but a similar effort
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,128
    Adam Hansen is in, replacing Rafa Valls who's broken a hip in a training crash.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,564
    andyp wrote:
    Adam Hansen is in, replacing Rafa Valls who's broken a hip in a training crash.

yay!
  • RichN95.
    Interesting that Hansen was included after not being on the preliminary team list of eleven. I say this because there are murmurings that Landa, who wasn't on Sky's list, is keen to go to the Vuelta.
  • Rumours that Hansen was seen outside Valls' house with a length of rope tied across the road are currently unfounded
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Interesting that Hansen was included after not being on the preliminary team list of eleven. I say this because there are murmurings that Landa, who wasn't on Sky's list, is keen to go to the Vuelta.

https://twitter.com/todaycyclingfr/stat ... 6182755328
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:

https://twitter.com/todaycyclingfr/stat ... 6182755328
    They were the exact murmurings
  • Don't know if it's been mentioned, but this year's course has another one of those headline grabbing freak climbs on the opening TTT: http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/vuelta-a-espana/is-the-vuelta-a-espanas-opening-climb-the-easiest-classified-climb-of-all-time-345560

1.5% over 2.4km :shock:
  • RichN95.
    Froome's been doing a training ride with the CEO of Instagram. Friends in high places.

Anyway more important things. The Vuelta roadbook.

http://netstorage.lequipe.fr/ASO/cyclis ... ebsite.pdf
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    RichN95 wrote:
    Froome's been doing a training ride with the CEO of Instagram. Friends in high places.

Anyway more important things. The Vuelta roadbook.

http://netstorage.lequipe.fr/ASO/cyclis ... ebsite.pdf

Thanks Rich. So who is the dude on the cover?

Hey; unlike the TdF the rules of the race are on the website - only wanted them for the cut-off percentages cos it seriously annoys me that the TV guys can never ever work it out
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,202
    Sky for la Vuelta = Froome, Knees, Lopez, Moscon, Poels, Puccio, Nieve, Rosa, Stannard

https://www.teamsky.com/article/team-sk ... ana-lineup
  • RichN95.
    Sky are turning up to the Vuelta with this:

DHXRiM0XgAAzT1h.jpg

Like a Russian oligarch who has to have the biggest yacht
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    RichN95 wrote:
    Sky are turning up to the Vuelta with this:

DHXRiM0XgAAzT1h.jpg

Like a Russian oligarch who has to have the biggest yacht

Is that for the riders...or to entertain guests F1 style?
  • RichN95.
    Dinyull wrote:
    Is that for the riders...or to entertain guests F1 style?
    Both I think
  • Why is Trek last off the ramp?
    Shouldn't Movistar be last and Sky second last?
    What am I missing here?
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Why is Trek last off the ramp?
    What am I missing here?

Not related to last years team results given that Trek came 14th :D
  • RichN95.
    What am I missing here?
    The order is supposed to be decided by drawing lots.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    What am I missing here?

Is it to do with Contador wearing number one?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • ducknumber1
    ducknumber1 Posts: 1,158
    Random general Vuelta question: Is there a list of international broadcasters anywhere? I'm specifically looking for India, couldn't see it in the roadbook and found only very poor feeds online.