Where are they now?

1235»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,491
    Very nice, Campag too and the Record 10 I believe, which is better than the 11.

4297834700_77199f48f7_b.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,058
    i'm pretty sure that bike doesnt see the light of day these days
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • pinno
    itboffin wrote:
    i'm pretty sure that bike doesnt see the light of day these days

Does yours Podgy bloke? :wink:
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Pinno wrote:
    Very nice, Campag too and the Record 10 I believe, which is better than the 11.

4297834700_77199f48f7_b.jpg

:lol: that's my winter bike these days.

I mostly ride this at the moment i3Ebs21.jpg
  • itboffin
    ShimaNO !!!
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • pinno
    itboffin wrote:
    ShimaNO !!!

Yep, sacrilege.

From the lively upbeat and colourful Prince the the soulless Death Star tour bike.
  • itboffin
    Pinno wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    ShimaNO !!!

Yep, sacrilege.

From the lively upbeat and colourful Prince the the soulless Death Star tour bike.

he's changed :roll:
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    He's seen the light.

CampagNOlo. Pfft.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    campagHo!
  • pinno
    itboffin wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    ShimaNO !!!

Yep, sacrilege.

he's changed :roll:

Lost. Gone all Nissoyotaclonewagonboringdullboringgrey
  • Quins
    Quins Posts: 239
    Pinno, that is a cracking looking bike! I've been searching this forum for an hour to find the photo again, was trying to describe it to my wife. It's a beauty. Bike envy.
  • pinno
    Quins wrote:
    Pinno, that is a cracking looking bike! I've been searching this forum for an hour to find the photo again, was trying to describe it to my wife. It's a beauty. Bike envy.

Cheers Quins. It's evolved a little with a Wilier chainset, different tyres and an RSP zero setback seatpin.

863251ea6f4e8ef3d60c9cd2a1854d42.jpg

Almost all 2nd hand:

£354 for frame (damaged. Split in seat tube repaired by me)
    £312 for the Euruses 2nd hand
    SR chainset bought on here for £150, BB cups and bearings included. now swapped for compact Wilier bought for £102 plus new bearings £34. Sold the SR for £138 - even stevens really.
    £200 rear mech - new
    £220 gear shifters - new incl cables
    £72 front mech new.
    £38 11 spd chain
    £55 saddle new
    2nd hand £40 Keo Carbons bought on here
    2nd hand Chorus 11 skeleton brake calipers - £60, another BR purchase
    £64 Vittoria Open Pave's
    H'Bars - left overs
    FSA carbon Seat pin and Ritchey headset - supplied with frame but now changed to an RSP, 0 setback.
    Stem £14 on fleabay
    Dura Ace downtube mounts - (lovely ratchet adjusting facility, very smart too) swapped over from Pinarello.

£1300 approx. for a machine that will never warrant my legs.
  • Quins
    Quins Posts: 239
    You done good Pinno. I'd love that rig for my 12 mile rural commute, I'm sure it'd be fine locked up at the station....

One day I will enjoy owning such a lovely bike and the sun will always shine when I ride it. I'd have to change that rear cassette though, got a 32 on my Defy Comp 2.
  • pinno
    Quins wrote:
    You done good Pinno. I'd love that rig for my 12 mile rural commute, I'm sure it'd be fine locked up at the station....

I refuse to bite.

32?! Nah, you don't need a 32 with a flying machine like that.
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    I got a mention a few pages back...still commuting on a bike, but seemingly less obsessively to want to talk about it all the time!

I fell on top of 'Pink Pedal' once by Buckingham Palace...a classic clipless moment. I described my anguish and embarrassment in a post on here a few hours later, also saying I thought she was rather good looking though etc. She then posted a reply to me...to much general hilarity.

Mortifying, but a good internet story in hindsight.